Portsmouth Uni social work interview Watch

Massymof
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have received an invitation for an interview at Portsmouth Uni to study Social work. What is the interview like and what other tips can you give me. Help please!
miah52345
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi i have an interview at Portsmouth. any tips recommended would be useful
Mish Lilly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Massymof and miah52345,

I didn't go to Portsmouth for my interview but I am on the third year of the Social Work Programme at Bournemouth - so did well at interview

Most interview days are a mixture of group work and individual work and then an interview/presentation. The standards are set by the HCPC (worth looking up as its the acrediting body for Social Work.

I would recommend researching things like the HCPC, BASW (British Association for Social Work, www.tcsw.org.uk which is The College of Social Work. If you want to find other things you have a look at SCIE www.scie.org.uk Social Care Institute for Excellence.

But also when you go - please remember that they ahve already chosen to meet you because of your personal statement and your studies and the reference you had so please have some confidence in this - they want to meet you already so just be yourselves and I am sure it will be great.

I wish you both good luck - Social Work is an amazing course (I can't speak for Portsmouth obviously) and if you have anymore questions then please give me a shout.

Mish
poppylaing
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I recently had an interview at Portsmouth for Social Work which wasn't as bad as I had expected. The way that everyone was graded on the interview was through an essay that you were required to complete prior to the interview day and how you performed in the interview. The day began with a PowerPoint presentation of the course and an opportunity to ask any questions. We were then given our interview times. The interviews were relatively short and only included about five questions. Just remember to be confident and talk about Social Work with a genuine passion for the subject. The lecturer told us that saying we were a 'people person' is not enough.

Good luck with your interview and I hope this information helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads