The maths edexcel november exam!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by StudyScience98

How many marks was it out of?
3 I think
Reply 61
Original post by Heffalump .
What did everyone get for the toffee sweet question??

I got 36. Was that the one where it was 45% of 80?
Original post by gcser
3 I think

Ah, ok. So how did you find the paper?
Reply 63
Original post by StudyScience98
Ah, ok. So how did you find the paper?

Easier than the non calc, but I always prefer the calc! I probably still made a few silly mistakes but I think I did better on the calc definitely. I thought that there was a lot of small percentage questions compared to big 5 or 6 markers. What did you think of it?
Original post by gcser
I got 36. Was that the one where it was 45% of 80?
Yeah I got that too:smile: What was the ratio question I cant remember that one... I know it was 12, but what was the question?:s-smilie:
Something about sharing an amount of sweets in a given ratio, 8:3 I think. Can't remember the rest.
Reply 66
Original post by Heffalump .
Yeah I got that too:smile: What was the ratio question I cant remember that one... I know it was 12, but what was the question?:s-smilie:

I can't remember..something like Bill and Bob share something in the ratio 3:8. Bob gets 32 something, what does Bill get? Haha I have no idea:smile:
Original post by gcser
I can't remember..something like Bill and Bob share something in the ratio 3:8. Bob gets 32 something, what does Bill get? Haha I have no idea:smile:

Oh yeaaah ahah yeah thanks I remember it now:')
Original post by gcser
Easier than the non calc, but I always prefer the calc! I probably still made a few silly mistakes but I think I did better on the calc definitely. I thought that there was a lot of small percentage questions compared to big 5 or 6 markers. What did you think of it?

Yes, I thought so too! I had more confidence for this paper because of the fact that you are less likely to make silly arithmetic mistakes with a calc.
For the line question, Q25, was the proof: the both cross the y-axis at 4, the point (0,4)
Reply 70
Hi, what did you put for the co-ordinates one of if the two lines cross and the triangle question on tje calculator paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gcser
What was the answer to the question about yellow counters or something in a bag. I got 4 but I don't think I read the question properly looking back.

Do you know if the question asked for all the counters before the yellow one was picked out or just how many yellow ones ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
The congruent question was out of 3 marks, it was such an easy paper in terms of the last 5 questions. I revised a ridiculous amount on transformations of graphs - shame to say, none of it appeared!

Original post by kelly_kelly
Do you know if the question asked for all the counters before the yellow one was picked out or just how many yellow ones ?

How many yellow counters before one was taken :smile:
The answer is 4 counters, 3 were red and 7 were blue. 2/7 were yellow. 3 + 7 = 10. 2/7 is equivalent of 4/14. 14 - 10 = 4 yellow counters.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
What did people draw for the side elevation? Did people put small tray for the best value of pots?
Reply 74
Original post by Super199
What did people draw for the side elevation? Did people put small tray for the best value of pots?

Small pots indeed, 0.211 something per pot. It was a close call between the large ones and small ones.
Regarding the side elevation - I think I got it wrong :frown: I drew the side face so: like a big rectangle then followed by a small square to the right of the rectangle, you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by S.Ahmad
The congruent question was out of 3 marks, it was such an easy paper in terms of the last 5 questions. I revised a ridiculous amount on transformations of graphs - shame to say, none of it appeared!

How many yellow counters before one was taken :smile:
The answer is 4 counters, 3 were red and 7 were blue. 2/7 were yellow. 3 + 7 = 10. 2/7 is equivalent of 4/14. 14 - 10 = 4 yellow counters.

Ah that's good - my friend said it was 5 and then I was worried that I put the answer of after one was taken out. But it's all good now!
Reply 76
Original post by S.Ahmad
Small pots indeed, 0.211 something per pot. It was a close call between the large ones and small ones.
Regarding the side elevation - I think I got it wrong :frown: I drew the side face so: like a big rectangle then followed by a small square to the right of the rectangle, you?

I messed up the side elevation one i think i did a rectangle 5 by 2 :frown:. What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be, I'm pretty sure they will rise quite a bit!
I messed up the side elevation one i think i did a rectangle 5 by 2 :frown:. What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be, I'm pretty sure they will rise quite a bit!

I did a rectangle 5x3 ontop of a rectangle 5x2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78

I have spoken to several students which I personally know as well as on the forums, they all seem to have found both tests hard, so considering that the grade boundaries should stay neutral (roughly 165) regardless of Michael Gove's Reform.

In regards to the elevation, are you sure you messed it up? I thought I got it wrong :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by kelly_kelly
I did a rectangle 5x3 ontop of a rectangle 5x2

Posted from TSR Mobile

See I was thinking to do that but then I thought could would it be able to see the one on top because it was further back if you know what I mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending