The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
YES!!!! its awful. its like....ok exams are over....now what?!
its like i have no aim left! strange feeling after 2 years of rigourous work.
Reply 2
yea i think like that sometimes but then i just think that i've got induction coming, then results day and not too long after that new courses to try. The holidays will be over before we know it! It's gonna be weird moving to the A-level forum!
Reply 3
I guess... I don't really know what to do with myself. I feel like I should be revising or something. It's not that anti-climatic just yet though, since I only finished on Monday afternoon and I just came back from my prom!! :biggrin: It's been so much fun so far. But we have something like 10 weeks...
Reply 4
Krystal
YES!!!! its awful. its like....ok exams are over....now what?!
its like i have no aim left! strange feeling after 2 years of rigourous work.

Quite a few of my friends (and for that matter, myself also) share the same sentiment.
I'm actually loving it. I've been going out now more than the rest of the year and having a great time. I guess there is always something to do!
After not even a week of lounging around I'm already bored. I still have about two weeks before I have anything productive to do. I suppose it's my fault I arranged it that way..

Anyway, this might sound weird but I'm sort of looking forward to next year. I'll never have to do any subject I don't like ever again!

Meanwhile..62 days till I start school. Hmm.
Reply 7
When I came back from my last exam, I was like 'hmmm...now what's next on my revision timetable' and that's been going on ever since. I've got two induction days on Monday and Tuesday, so I hope that'll get me out the house at least.
Reply 8
You had expectations and that lead to disappointments. Personally, it was more a relief as each exam went by because that meant fewer and fewer were left and I could really focus on revision for those subjects. This was particularly applicable after everyone (or almost) had finished on June 16 and I still had all extension papers and Stats exams left.
Reply 9
i've just finished my silver d of e expedition, but now that's over i don't really know what to do. i feel like i should be doing something productive but i don't have anything.
apart from my d of e group i haven't seen my friends or been out anywhere with them, so i'm just sat around at home being bored. which is rubbish.
Reply 10
I finished about a week ago and Ive just been going out with friends, messing around on the computer and I have even begun looking at some stuff for my subjects next year...No way am I bored lol! Oh, and theres always the trusty Internet and the never-ending rubbish on TV if Im really desperate...
there's nothing wrong with not doing any productive for a few days.. i think we bloody deserve it after 2 weeks of solid exams dont you?

saying that i've been pretty busy and can't remember my last proper nights sleep in my own house since my last exam, but today i finally had a day of doing nothing! feels great.. something else that feels great is going out at about 3:30 when school finishes and seeing everyone else in their uniform :biggrin:
oh deary me
there's nothing wrong with not doing any productive for a few days.. i think we bloody deserve it after 2 weeks of solid exams dont you?

saying that i've been pretty busy and can't remember my last proper nights sleep in my own house since my last exam, but today i finally had a day of doing nothing! feels great.. something else that feels great is going out at about 3:30 when school finishes and seeing everyone else in their uniform :biggrin:

i did the same today..absolutely nothing,..well did everything that i wanted to..and slept a lot..good ol' holidays...remind you of the days when you were little and could do whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted....flippin excellent.!
Reply 13
i was talking about this earlier with a mate. It really is an anti climax. I dont know what to do with myself... which isnt good as it usually means i'll end up eating :biggrin: lol
Reply 14
I've been really board, all i've done all week is sit and eat, watch t.v, and go on the internet. Oh well, its nice to be able to do that without constantly thinking "I really should be revising now". :rolleyes:
I think I prefer dreaming about being free rather than actually being free. Which is annoying :frown:.
Reply 16
MadWithStars
I think I prefer dreaming about being free rather than actually being free. Which is annoying :frown:.

That's what I was saying with my last random sentence!
Reply 17
Same! But nah, it means i've been playing/watching an excessive amount of football, which only makes me happy! :biggrin:
It's been really odd... I've just finished my 2 weeks of work experience and have my French Exchange partner coming over in *checks watch* 4 hours but after that I can do nothing. Reason? All my friends are abroad for either 2 weeks or a month... several are doing a World Challenge expedition together to Peru. I have nothing I really want to do, and I am just going to be moping round house, bored out of mind. It's even worse because I will be stuck with just my family for 5 weeks AAAAGH. :P
Reply 19
It is a really strange feeling, kinda nice, but life seems slightly directionless right now- but I guess it won't be long before it's results day and time to head back to school for ASs, but till then, just have to try and make the most of the free time. Have got a huge reading list for next year, so am starting out on that.
have a great summer everyone. :biggrin:

Latest