in my personal statement?

I'm having trouble linking my subjects together for my personal statement

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Eimen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Say how the research methods you have studied can be applied for biomedical science degree because there is lots of research skills usedin the coarse.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you are trying to link A level subjects together, dont bother. Concentrate on why you want to do Biomed. Any attempt to link the two will look tortuously contrived.
skotch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What course are you applying for? Pretty sure sociology with biomedicine isn't a course...
NOONA.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by skotch)
What course are you applying for? Pretty sure sociology with biomedicine isn't a course...
I'm applying for biomedical science, but I study a level sociology and want to show how the two subjects link together.
NOONA.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eimen)
Say how the research methods you have studied can be applied for biomedical science degree because there is lots of research skills usedin the coarse.
Wouldn't thought of that..Thank you!
skotch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NOONA.)
I'm applying for biomedical science, but I study a level sociology and want to show how the two subjects link together.
I guess there are a lot of ethical issues raised in biomedical sciences that may be discussed in sociology; as someone else as mentioned, you could talk about the research methods you have gained; but I think most importantly, you could mention the generic skills sociology teaches, such as appreciating different viewpoints, looking at things analytically, and being able to use statistics and research methods to delve into these issues.
NOONA.
Rep:
?
(Original post by skotch)
I guess there are a lot of ethical issues raised in biomedical sciences that may be discussed in sociology; as someone else as mentioned, you could talk about the research methods you have gained; but I think most importantly, you could mention the generic skills sociology teaches, such as appreciating different viewpoints, looking at things analytically, and being able to use statistics and research methods to delve into these issues.
Thanks, I appreciate your help
owly1090
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Easily... Focus on your experiences. I talked about the liverpool care pathway in mine as I'm interested in medical ethics and psychiatry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (36)
13.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (54)
20.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.4%
How can I be the best version of myself? (78)
30.23%

Watched Threads