Sixth Form Colleges that do Computer Science near me? (Middlesex)

Watch
RawringDino
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've been doing a lot of searching and I haven't found any sixth form colleges that do Computing A-level near me. I've decided that I'm willing to travel around to find a place that does the A-levels I want (Computer Science, Physics, History and possibly Electronics if it's offered since I'm not 100% sure on my 4th choice).

The only problem is I can only find good colleges in south London which is about an hour away by getting about 3 trains and I don't have the time / money to make that travel. I wondered if anyone knew any colleges closer to my area and preferably don't have to take a train to reach but if I had to, so be it. I live in Wembley for those who want specifics.

A lot of colleges have already done their open days and I've been too busy with my GCSEs that I completely forgot about sixth form.

Oh, for those who want to know what college I've found interest in, it's South Thames College. But as I said before, it's an hour away. I'm still going to the opening day though

Edit: Another college I've seen near me that I've been interested in is Harrow College but unfortunately they don't offer computer science.
TheSnail
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RawringDino)
I've been doing a lot of searching and I haven't found any sixth form colleges that do Computing A-level near me. I've decided that I'm willing to travel around to find a place that does the A-levels I want (Computer Science, Physics, History and possibly Electronics if it's offered since I'm not 100% sure on my 4th choice).

The only problem is I can only find good colleges in south London which is about an hour away by getting about 3 trains and I don't have the time / money to make that travel. I wondered if anyone knew any colleges closer to my area and preferably don't have to take a train to reach but if I had to, so be it. I live in Wembley for those who want specifics.

A lot of colleges have already done their open days and I've been too busy with my GCSEs that I completely forgot about sixth form.

Oh, for those who want to know what college I've found interest in, it's South Thames College. But as I said before, it's an hour away. I'm still going to the opening day though

Edit: Another college I've seen near me that I've been interested in is Harrow College but unfortunately they don't offer computer science.
Hello RawringDino,

It's been a while since you posted and nobody has replied so I am giving this thread a bump.

I hope you receive an answer soon
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can't really advise sixth forms but why do you need comp sci?

If you wanted to apply for computer science I'd recommend mathematics, physics, further mathematics and economics! Or something similar.
invinciblesummer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to hear you haven't found anywhere, I really wanted to do computer science as well! Harvard have their basically complete course online which is fantastic, really. Definitely check it out: http://cs50.tv/2012/fall/ Oh and do let me know if you find anywhere!
FN510
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RawringDino)

If you're looking to study CompSci at uni then I don't think its too important that you take computing/CompSci at A-level. It seems to me that unis are look for strong mathematicians and although knowledge of computing and programming is considered advantageous, uni courses don't usually presume any prior knowledge. And also I think you can learn a lot about computing by experimenting doing it as a hobby, but its up to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads