rhyslj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm torn between going to Talybont North,South and Court. I can't create a good picture from snippets I get from the internet. Can any of the current residents offer me some advice?
littlemissmanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rhyslj)
I'm torn between going to Talybont North,South and Court. I can't create a good picture from snippets I get from the internet. Can any of the current residents offer me some advice?
Do you feel Talybonts the best accomodation for first years? I can't decide where I want to go yet
rjt546
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys,
I'm a first year currently living in Talybont South, the best accommodation fully depends upon what it is you're looking for! the Talybonts are all next to each other, with Court being closest to the uni itself, followed by South, the North. I would say the quality of accommodation tends to follow that order too, with Court being the nicest and North being the most basic, however that does mean it's the cheapest and I have plenty of friends in North who are just fine, I am perfectly comfortable in South, I mean, it's no palace, but it's absolutely fine, I don't have a great deal of experience regarding Court however it is basically just a bit nicer than South, and more expensive!

If you are looking for a social aspect, I would recommend North or South, although Court isn't awful, it has less of a party vibe and is quieter. Obviously, if you want a quieter flat, Court might be better for you! they are all in close proximity to Tesco, with North being closest, and there is a gym between North and South.

If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask x
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you want more of a quiet luxurious student experience chose Talybont Court. It's funny walking to town during predrink hours and seeing the total contrast in noise between South and Court. North is just a total ****hole based on every experience I've ever had inside there. If I were you I'd go for South, best of both worlds.
racheyroo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Court looks the nicest, and is closest to the uni and centre (you have to walk through court to get to south) however is slightly more expensive
North looks the worse out of the three, however is closest to the big tescos
South is the generally the most popular out of the three, as it's sort of a balance in the middle, it's not much further than court (about a 5 min extra walk) and is close to the sports centre and social
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
21.03%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.94%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.79%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.38%
No unconditional offers (171)
67.86%

Watched Threads