Boys, what do you think of girls who like football? Watch

username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Personally I think it's a very positive thing as one of my big passions in life is Football
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really into it.

I cringe very often when I see how women behave at football. Inherently football is a place for drunken men swearing and shouting, its not possible to be ladylike and act like a fan imo.
Aniaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
Perfect answer. Surely that is what matters regardless of your sex?

I've had the "it's weird you know about football" comment thrown at me a few times but is it really weird? It's just something i love and have a passion for, just like the same passion someone might have for films or other hobbies. I don't see the point in only having half an interest in something you enjoy because it's a male dominated sport, if you enjoy it then why not embrace it all you can? There is nothing to say females should only know so much and males should know more. It shouldn't matter who you are.
I have the same thing! Ppl are so surprised by the fact that I actually prefer watching a match than go out for shopping
Aniaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by 419)
Lol was meant to post that in the Dortmund thread. Some voodoo **** moved it here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohh okay. BUt I still don't get it xD
Aniaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zürich)
Not really into it.

I cringe very often when I see how women behave at football. Inherently football is a place for drunken men swearing and shouting, its not possible to be ladylike and act like a fan imo.
thats sexist.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aniaa)
thats sexist.
I'm fully aware that's its sexist, it also happens to be true. Sorry but the atmosphere at football is inversely proportional to the % of women in the crowd. Women in general lack the testosterone and mentality that male fans have. Groups of males naturally have that caveman instinct that makes football crowds what they are. Also who wants to hear chanting in a female voice?
Aniaa
Rep:
?
I'm fully aware that's its sexist, it also happens to be true. Sorry but the atmosphere at football is inversely proportional to the % of women in the crowd. Women in general lack the testosterone and mentality that male fans have. Also who wants to hear chanting in a female voice?
many ppl want. And you can actually watch a match without swearing.
moey3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aniaa)
the reason I ask is that my boyfriend thinks its a turn off. He hates football .
Hah, and thanks for the hair xD
I think it's awesome if a girl likes football..especially if they support the same team...can get along with some like that a lot of the time.

Yeah it can be a problem if he hates football...but shouldn't stop you liking football..if he's got a problem he's got to deal with it (meant to be supportive as a boyfriend I would assume).

Same as if the roles were reversed...if a boy loves football and the girl hates it
Aniaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by moey3)
I think it's awesome if a girl likes football..especially if they support the same team...can get along with some like that a lot of the time.

Yeah it can be a problem if he hates football...but shouldn't stop you liking football..if he's got a problem he's got to deal with it (meant to be supportive as a boyfriend I would assume).

Same as if the roles were reversed...if a boy loves football and the girl hates it
he won't force me to quit football. But surely he isn't supportive
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aniaa)
many ppl want. And you can actually watch a match without swearing.
Just an example. But in general men have a tribal instinct that women dont. Would chanting from 50,000 women be atmospheric really? No. You know its true.
Aniaa
Rep:
?
Just an example. But in general men have a tribal instinct that women dont. Would chanting from 50,000 women be atmospheric really? No. You know its true.
thats why not each women like football. In this thread I meant the exceptions (although from what I can see in the Internet there are quite a lot of female fans)
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aniaa)
thats why not each women like football. In this thread I meant the exceptions (although from what I can see in the Internet there are quite a lot of female fans)
Well maybe. But if I saw some drunk girl with tattoos lighting a flare and trying to get the chanting going I wouldnt exactly be attracted. If I saw a girl sitting quietly watching a game, as 99% do, then I would neither be more or less attracted I guess.

I personally wouldnt like to discuss footie with my gf because I spend enough time doing that with mates already. And if a girl supported my team and wanted to go to the stadium with me then I wouldnt be thrilled as my routine is to go with other guys to the pub first and play pool, take the piss etc which is not really something I'd want to share with a girlfriend. You need your own space and hobbies separate from the gf.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Weird makes it sound like a bad thing but it's certainly not the norm. you're in the minority (I've noticed your posts and you're clearly v. knowledgeable), most women either aren't into football or are just casual fans, or just like a player cos of how sexy he is. Very, very few could actually discuss it properly. That's not a criticism of women it's just a fact. Look at the make up of match day attendances, mostly male supporters.

Maybe women get put off a bit from getting into it because of the tribal mentality of male football fans & sexism. Who knows.
Thank you but I say slightly knowledgeable, I wouldn't go as far as saying very knowledgeable. I do have to agree with you though that it is predominantly male supporters, and I notice this even more the further you go down the football spectrum. I've endured some Welsh Premier League football this season and out of the 600 or so that turn up I tend to be one of very few females. I'm yet to find another young(ish) female who wishes to spend their Friday nights watching Bangor City like me. Alas, I’m yet to meet another female fan from the UK who likes Portuguese or Brazilian football too.

There is always going to be this debate about females and football and I used to hide the fact I was a huge football fan because I guess I was afraid and put off of what people would say / think but why should I hide my love for football just because I’m female? But that’s life, if a guy doesn’t like it then that’s up to them. But also, does it really matter? Surely if i'm good / have a big interest in something (or if anyone else for this matter) then why should i hide away because "females shouldn't know more about football than males"? It's just a voice at the end of the day, if the male finds it uncomfortable then that's their problem.
Eboracum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aniaa)
Any opinions? :please:
Attachment 252438
Well I should start by saying my Mum likes football and watches it regularly. I think that's pretty cool. Rather than that soaps and celebrity tv nonsense.

In terms of girls, I actually really like girls that like football. I think its cool and unique. I think it shows that a woman isn't as bothered about her social standing and criticism from her peers (which is good, as lets be hones a lot of women really really are).

I want a woman who will watch Match of the Day with me, and support one of my rival teams so we can have banter.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a turn off for me.

I once went for a drink with a girl from uni who, I didn't know at the time, was a massive football fan and played for the girls team. Five minutes into the evening she found out I supported Liverpool and preceded to berate me with why she thought Suarez was a scumbag. She was almost shouting at one stage.
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IlexBlue)
They will hate it, and find it absolutely abhorrent and disgusting. You'd best leave it alone and find more feminine pursuits like sewing, so you have something to do when they need to visit their manly man cave to watch some football and get away from you.

Is this a serious question?
I love your sarcasm :love:

(Original post by Zhy)
x
Wut... PERVERT.
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also, just going to leave this here...

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
Aniaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mackay)
It's a turn off for me.

I once went for a drink with a girl from uni who, I didn't know at the time, was a massive football fan and played for the girls team. Five minutes into the evening she found out I supported Liverpool and preceded to berate me with why she thought Suarez was a scumbag. She was almost shouting at one stage.
well, then she was a real freak abt it.

(Original post by Alpha brah)
Also, just going to leave this here...

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
hmm...GO DORTMUND <3
vendettax
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Women always look hotter in football tops. That's a Scientific fact.
oldham_fran
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My last boyfriend wasn't into football and it would cause a few arguments. Especially when his mum got involved and told me that I should be paying more attention to her son....

I've also been told before that a girl only likes football to get attention.....

Seriously though, my dad started to take me to matches when I was about 5 years old. Supported Oldham ever since so the girls can be just as into it as the blokes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.55%
No (110)
32.45%

Watched Threads