The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Film and Television Production Applicants 2014

Hi there! Not sure if this has been done already but just wanted to ask who is thinking of applying for Film and Television Production in 2014 at York? Got an email from UCAS on Friday saying that my application has been sent off and should take 48hrs before I hear anything...So has anyone got a reply or are you still waiting like me?! Anyway, just thought I'd check, can't wait to meet you all:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!:biggrin: I got an offer two weeks ago and have an interview on Wednesday!D: Did you hear anything?:smile:
University of York
York
Original post by rosyann
Hey!:biggrin: I got an offer two weeks ago and have an interview on Wednesday!D: Did you hear anything?:smile:

Hey!! Wow congrats!! You'll do great at the interview I'm sure :biggrin: I haven't heard anything yet, not panicking...yet! Really hope I get an offer as York would be my first choice :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Heyy I have an interview next thursday :/ is there any advice/tips you can give me?
Hey has anyone heard good things bout York Film and TV course looks great online but from forums/word of mouth etc I havent even heard it mentioned compared to westminster, glouster, bournemouth etc ??
:smile:
Original post by annapledger95
Hey has anyone heard good things bout York Film and TV course looks great online but from forums/word of mouth etc I havent even heard it mentioned compared to westminster, glouster, bournemouth etc ??
:smile:

Hey, I'm a third year doing Film and TV. It's a really great, hands on course and I fully recommend it. The main reason it's not as well-known is because it's so new - the first cohort only just graduated.
Feel free to message me any questions :smile:
ahhhhh brilliant thanks for that! :smile: have you done any placements with the course?:smile:
Hey! I'm also applying for Film and Television :smile: What other universities have you guys applied for?
I've applied for AUB, Aberystwyth and Bristol. York's my first choice, though!
Reply 8
Original post by chipskylark
Hey, I'm a third year doing Film and TV. It's a really great, hands on course and I fully recommend it. The main reason it's not as well-known is because it's so new - the first cohort only just graduated.
Feel free to message me any questions :smile:

Great to find someone here! I've just received an interview and I'm really nervous because York is my first choice! Is the course more hands-on than theoretical or is it kind of balanced out? Have you done any placements? :smile:
Original post by Siena4996
Great to find someone here! I've just received an interview and I'm really nervous because York is my first choice! Is the course more hands-on than theoretical or is it kind of balanced out? Have you done any placements? :smile:

It's quite hands-on, a lot more so in second and third year, although apparently they've changed the structure since I was a fresher so it might be better for you now :smile: It is what you make of it though in terms of what you want to do. There is theory in every year but it's necessary. But the department is really helpful when it comes to doing projects and things outside of the course so there's always room for more experience.

Yeah I've done stuff that I've found myself outside of uni, like runner jobs, and stuff through the department as well. They always get emails from people (usually from other departments in the uni or businesses in the York area) needing stuff filmed or edited, so there's a lot to get involved in.

Honestly I can't recommend the course enough. I'm sure you've seen the amazing facilities there are on offer, and our lecturers are brilliant and most of them fresh from and still involved in the industry.
Reply 10
I feel like I've missed the boat on this thread a bit, bit I've applied for and received an offer from York for Film and Television. I love the uni and the city so much, I'm really considering it for my first choice :smile:
Reply 11
Hi i applied for York and have an interview in march. Would love to hear back from others who have had an interview already. Also applying to Glasgow, St Andrews, Bristol and Stirling
Reply 12
Original post by Nick Cage
I feel like I've missed the boat on this thread a bit, bit I've applied for and received an offer from York for Film and Television. I love the uni and the city so much, I'm really considering it for my first choice :smile:

Congratulations! I'm hoping for an offer after my interview because York is definitely my first choice! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Tmerchison
Hi i applied for York and have an interview in march. Would love to hear back from others who have had an interview already. Also applying to Glasgow, St Andrews, Bristol and Stirling

Good luck! I have an interview on Wednesday so I can help you out with that :smile: I've also applied to Lancaster, Sussex, UEA and Lancaster. Which is your first choice?
Has anyone applied for the BA Writing, Directing and Performance? I've had my interview, but heard nothing back?
I applied months ago and only a couple weeks ago I received an email an email saying that I'm on the short-list, is anyone else on this list? They are really keeping me on the edge of my seat, might not be until march that I find out if I've got it :/
Yay! Got a place on Writing, Directing and Performance at York! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by emiliebazza
Yay! Got a place on Writing, Directing and Performance at York! :smile:

Congratulations!! I got an offer last night for Film and TV Production :biggrin: Is York your first choice?
Reply 18
Hey :smile: I am going for an interview this Wednesday and was wondering if you had any tips for me or anything? :smile: Congratulations on your interview I hope you got an offer!
Reply 19
Original post by Siena4996
Congratulations!! I got an offer last night for Film and TV Production :biggrin: Is York your first choice?

I got my offer from film and TV production a couple of weeks ago :biggrin: its my first choice and I can't stop looking at stuff to do with the uni. So looking forward to it. Is it your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending