chel_993
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I've just received an email saying I've been invited to Salford uni for an interview on the 28th of this month. The letter doesn't really give me any information about what to expect. Has anyone already had an interview there and can help?
Eroyle6
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chel_993)
Hi, I've just received an email saying I've been invited to Salford uni for an interview on the 28th of this month. The letter doesn't really give me any information about what to expect. Has anyone already had an interview there and can help?
I have yes, I did it few months ago and didn't get an offer. I advise you just not to get nervous at all no looking at the clock as you have to answer as many as you can in the maths which a quite a few questions. just focus don't pay attention to anyone else. you don't have to answer all of them but as many as you answer is the better out come. I think really give them the tick about why you want to be a nurse and why they should pick you. questions are always different. the group discussion you have to take time to think about qualities of nurses in different roles. it could be an article on anything that you have to speak about. when you do the lit just make your you spell everything right when writing about use good punctuation when writing down your thoughts on it. your over all mark goes on a spread sheet. I wasn't prepared so I hope this helps. kind regards
jelbourn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
can i ask when you sent your application off? mines been in 3 weeks now and heard nothing?!!
chel_993
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eroyle6)
I have yes, I did it few months ago and didn't get an offer. I advise you just not to get nervous at all no looking at the clock as you have to answer as many as you can in the maths which a quite a few questions. just focus don't pay attention to anyone else. you don't have to answer all of them but as many as you answer is the better out come. I think really give them the tick about why you want to be a nurse and why they should pick you. questions are always different. the group discussion you have to take time to think about qualities of nurses in different roles. it could be an article on anything that you have to speak about. when you do the lit just make your you spell everything right when writing about use good punctuation when writing down your thoughts on it. your over all mark goes on a spread sheet. I wasn't prepared so I hope this helps. kind regards
Thanks for that, is the maths non calculator? And is English a essay? I've had my interview at edge hill I found the tests ok. So they give you something to discuss in the group interview (this will be my 1st group interview) I'm ok with the typical interview questions why nursing etc x
chel_993
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelbourn)
can i ask when you sent your application off? mines been in 3 weeks now and heard nothing?!!
I added salford to my choices on the 31st oct, and had an email with a interview 10 days later
sunnysideup45
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for that, is the maths non calculator? And is English a essay? I've had my interview at edge hill I found the tests ok. So they give you something to discuss in the group interview (this will be my 1st group interview) I'm ok with the typical interview questions why nursing etc x
Hi .. what questions did they ask you in the Edge Hill interview? Mine is in a few weeks! x
Eroyle6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you cant use a calculator in the maths its really to see how much you can do. all gcse stuff and mass conversions like litres to millilitres etc. the English isn't an essay its only a few questions to answer about a random article. just write as neat as possible spelling, etc . then for group interview you have to talk about an actricle to do with nursing can be on a type of person suffering from condition what would belike or qualities need for nursing that person. im not lying about any of this this is what happened im here to help.
chel_993
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eroyle6)
you cant use a calculator in the maths its really to see how much you can do. all gcse stuff and mass conversions like litres to millilitres etc. the English isn't an essay its only a few questions to answer about a random article. just write as neat as possible spelling, etc . then for group interview you have to talk about an actricle to do with nursing can be on a type of person suffering from condition what would belike or qualities need for nursing that person. im not lying about any of this this is what happened im here to help.
Thanks for that, it's a big help. I know what to expect atleast now. To get to Salford I would have to travel 50 minutes, but tbh I will travel I don't mind I just want to do my nursing that much x
Eroyle6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for that, it's a big help. I know what to expect atleast now. To get to Salford I would have to travel 50 minutes, but tbh I will travel I don't mind I just want to do my nursing that much x

That's ok ye that's what I like to do least someone wants to help all the best for you.
nickiibwfc7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
iv got my interview tomorrow ... so scared!
Jess Buckley
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have my Salford Uni adult nursing interview on the 2nd of December, I was just wondering does anyone know if scenarios are given, what type of questions are asked and how many people will be interviewing you? thanks
Eroyle6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jess Buckley)
I have my Salford Uni adult nursing interview on the 2nd of December, I was just wondering does anyone know if scenarios are given, what type of questions are asked and how many people will be interviewing you? thanks
no scenrios group discussion only one person in the interview to talk too.
Graciebobs
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jess Buckley)

I have my interview tomorrow too! Do you know which building we have to go to. (I just accidentally deleted the email when I went to look on it) so i'm in a panic now !! x
Eroyle6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Graciebobs)
I have my interview tomorrow too! Do you know which building we have to go to. (I just accidentally deleted the email when I went to look on it) so i'm in a panic now !! x
The opposite one from the maryseacole building
boltonmum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi how did you find your interviews, were they ok?
manda75
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can anyone calm my nerves about the group interview and how many people are interviewing your one interview for salford.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eroyle6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by manda75)
Can anyone calm my nerves about the group interview and how many people are interviewing your one interview for salford.

Posted from TSR Mobile
well basically you go in a group after the tests. there about 5 including you so not a massive group. you have to discuss an article about a particular patient or person dealing with some think that effects there life and you have like a minute to write down some points about caring for this person. you get paper to wright things down. then you go in turns. then for the interview bout 4-5questions. only one person and you just have to show whythey should pick you. I didn't get in becos of my nerves I didn't say what I wanted. so just go in every question say sorry just a sec have a breather and just try let it come out. just say in your head that its only this once and you have to do it. really push for it don't feel fear. think that they only want to get to know you and why they should pick you.
Tonijo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has anyone heard back after their Salford interview yet??
Graciebobs
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tonijo)
Has anyone heard back after their Salford interview yet??
I've not nervous x
Tonijo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same really really want Salford but I think I may have messed that maths up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (270)
48.04%
No (65)
11.57%
I'm not old enough (227)
40.39%

Watched Threads