The Student Room Group

Working-class men are really sexy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Alpha brah
Ahahaha... anyway, thanks for the recommendation but I don't want literature, I want a solution to this :eek:

I guess maybe I've lived in some sort of posh bubble, even through my hobbies I hardly know any working-class guys. :frown:

but there must be loads of rough trade at the Pony Club stables, their crude muscles glistening with sweat as they polish the ponies...
Reply 21
Original post by Steezy
I think if you actually got to know some of these "mature, construction site workers and bouncers", you might realise that 99% of them are the opposite of mature.

Obviously I'm aware some bouncers are downright violent, and some construction workers will harass anything in a skirt that walks by; surely some of them are nice, down to earth people? Out of curiosity, have you known any? :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by the bear
but there must be loads of rough trade at the Pony Club stables, their crude muscles glistening with sweat as they polish the ponies...

I do ride sometimes, but all the grooms are also "posh." :frown:

Ofc I have nothing against boys like that; but they lack that bit of rough I find so charming. I'm the opposite of what I find attractive, you see, and most of the guys I know seem a tad feminine and spoiled (even if they're nice boys) by their parents.
Hmm, really? Where did you meet them, if you don't mind me asking? :eek:

I haven't 'met' any of them, that's just my general opinion of a lot of working class guys I see around where I live.
Reply 24
I do ride sometimes, but all the grooms are also "posh." :frown:

Ofc I have nothing against boys like that; but they lack that bit of rough I find so charming. I'm the opposite of what I find attractive, you see, and most of the guys I know seem a tad feminine and spoiled (even if they're nice boys) by their parents.

i think the only cure is for you to become a prison visitor. the caged villains would be delighted to display their working class credentials...
Reply 25
Obviously I'm aware some bouncers are downright violent, and some construction workers will harass anything in a skirt that walks by; surely some of them are nice, down to earth people? Out of curiosity, have you known any? :smile:

Yes, a big proportion of my school ended up as various types of construction workers. All the nice people ended up with office jobs, the thick, bully types ended up with manual jobs.

If you're content with a pretty stupid, usually alcoholic, obnoxious idiot with a very small pay packet, you'll do well.

I'm sure there are nice ones (hell, I even know some nice ones), but the majority you'll find to be quite stupid and not mature in the slightest.
Reply 26
Ah, thanks... Just to clarify, how are you defining "this type of people" and how do you know that? :tongue:

Working class boys. They make up my friends and obviously I've inevitably observed their 'love life' and this is what my experience has shown me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
i think the only cure is for you to become a prison visitor. the caged villains would be delighted to display their working class credentials...

Oh, very funny :tongue:

In all seriousness, though, I'm not sure if part of my attraction for them is that they represent a side of society I don't usually see? I haven't even been to a lot of major places up North, TBH. Maybe I'm being stupid, but I don't just want to end up with some similarly posh boy and see more of the same.
Reply 28
Original post by Ggmu!
Working class boys. They make up my friends and obviously I've inevitably observed their 'love life' and this is what my experience has shown me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah... without sounding classist, would you say there's a connection between someone's "class" and how they behave, then?
Reply 29
Original post by Steezy
Yes, a big proportion of my school ended up as various types of construction workers. All the nice people ended up with office jobs, the thick, bully types ended up with manual jobs.

If you're content with a pretty stupid, usually alcoholic, obnoxious idiot with a very small pay packet, you'll do well.

I'm sure there are nice ones (hell, I even know some nice ones), but the majority you'll find to be quite stupid and not mature in the slightest.

I didn't mean construction workers in general, just the blue-collar types :dontknow:

Do you reckon, without sounding prejudiced, that it's the stupid people who end up in these types of jobs because they're not up to going to uni, so then guys like this will inevitably be less mature? :/
Reply 30
Original post by cambio wechsel
but I was shooting for tongue-tied but smouldering Lawrentian whatsit...

****ed it up now, haven't I though?

Indeed. :colondollar:
Reply 31
Oh, very funny :tongue:

In all seriousness, though, I'm not sure if part of my attraction for them is that they represent a side of society I don't usually see? I haven't even been to a lot of major places up North, TBH. Maybe I'm being stupid, but I don't just want to end up with some similarly posh boy and see more of the same.

for the moment just rent some videos.... take your kit off, open a bottle of bolly Mackeson's and start on the pickled eggs... here are some suggestions:

Lady Chatterley's Lover ( vide supra )

Kes

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Fight Club

The Railway Children no actually that is good for seeing Bernard Cribbins as the salt of the earth railway worker Sid Perks... imagine him stamping your ticket, eh....
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
I find them irresistible. Is this weird? I come from a pretty well-off background and am the stereotypical Sloaney girl on a gap yah (though not snobby) but posh boys just don't do it for me. Perhaps I'm thinking too much of stereotypes here but "lower class" guys (not chavs, and not to sound classist but I can't think of a better term!) seem much more masculine. For example:

-They often work blue-collar jobs so are in shape, of course some other guys are too but there's something hot about watching a construction worker or bouncer versus a guy in an office. I actually don't like polished suave guys in suits

-They seem more protective and less feminine, perhaps I'm too girly and like gender roles too much but the few working-class guys I know are already supporting themselves and more mature and grown-up than their middle- or upper-class counterparts

-They are very attractive in a rough masculine kind of way, I like the way they talk and it's sexy when they say stuff like "love". They seem to... I dunno... treat women like women more?

-They seem more down to earth and genuine, a lot of the guys I know judge you on stupid superficial stuff like where you've been on holiday or the brands you wear

The problem is I don't know many working class guys and I don't have a chance to meet many (after I finish my gap year I am going to uni and then getting a white-collar job) so should I just forget about them? Obviously it would be weird if I hit on the bouncer on a night out or a construction worker on a walk or something.

Also, I doubt I'd be the type of girl they like, I'm very stereotypically "feminine" (like cooking, sweet to everybody, dress in a girly way, don't sleep around) and literally the only masculine thing I do is lift weights at the gym.

No offence to other guys btw, this is strictly my personal opinion :smile:

A bouncer lol

Most bouncers are egotistical guys who get a trip out of their supposed power.

Also, depends what you mean by posh? I wouldn't class myself as posh however I'm well spoken and articulate.
Reply 33
I didn't mean construction workers in general, just the blue-collar types :dontknow:

Do you reckon, without sounding prejudiced, that it's the stupid people who end up in these types of jobs because they're not up to going to uni, so then guys like this will inevitably be less mature? :/

Not necessarily, I mean, although they can get loans and so on, it's always been tradition for people with money to go to University. But in general I'd probably say yes... And that's coming from me, my family is lower working-class. I do think most people with high intelligence would go to University, or have business plans, rather than end up in a dead-end job which pays badly.
Reply 34
Original post by zKlown
A bouncer lol

Most bouncers are egotistical guys who get a trip out of their supposed power.

Also, depends what you mean by posh? I wouldn't class myself as posh however I'm well spoken and articulate.

I didn't mean to sound arrogant by calling myself posh, I'm just kind of stereotypical in a lot of ways (very well-off family, private schooled, certain hobbies and interests and so on). Unfortunately, this has left me in a bubble which I feel a bit trapped in sometimes.

I have, of course, met dickish bouncers, but you can't deny the nice ones are quite rugged (really tall and well-built) and attractive?
Reply 35
Original post by Lialore
Not necessarily, I mean, although they can get loans and so on, it's always been tradition for people with money to go to University. But in general I'd probably say yes... And that's coming from me, my family is lower working-class. I do think most people with high intelligence would go to University, or have business plans, rather than end up in a dead-end job which pays badly.

Hmm, good point :unsure: Although a lot of people at Uni are silly and immature too, and I guess a "blue-collar" job might be better than getting a relatively worthless degree from a bad uni?
Reply 36
for the moment just rent some videos.... take your kit off, open a bottle of bolly Mackeson's and start on the pickled eggs... here are some suggestions:

Lady Chatterley's Lover ( vide supra )

Kes

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Fight Club

The Railway Children no actually that is good for seeing Bernard Cribbins as the salt of the earth railway worker Sid Perks... imagine him stamping your ticket, eh....

Lmao that might not do much good but thank you for the suggestions, I already "imagine" working-class guys a lot :ninja:, I want the real deal
Reply 37

Well I wouldn't say not going to uni = stupid (I didn't go to uni & have a good job). But that a lot of the construction workers are there because it's one of their last options. My friends who are construction workers got stupidly bad GCSE's, didn't really care about their future and ended up getting any job they could find.

There are smart construction workers who just want to use their hands, and you'll often find that those types will run their own sole trader or start up their own gardening, roofing, decorating or plumbing companies, etc.
Reply 38
Original post by cambio wechsel
but I was shooting for tongue-tied but smouldering Lawrentian whatsit...

****ed it up now, haven't I though?

:unsure:

In all seriousness, any advice? :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest