The Student Room Group

Anxious I won't meet my offer of AAA/ABB

I was predicted AAAA at AS and ended up with ABBB I got:

AS Maths - A
AS Chemistry - B (2 ums off an A)
AS Biology - B
AS English Literature - B (one exam worth 60% ruined my grade as I unexpectedly got a C after getting A's in mocks so I'm resitting, the rest of the 40% is already at an A from coursework)

I could potentially get AAB or higher if I improve my revision technique. Again I've been predicted AAA without me even asking, so I'm worried my uni are expecting really high of me but English especially is SO unpredictable with respect to marking because it's so subjective.

Out my 5 university choices, I've chosen three so far with the entry requirements of AAA-ABB, what grades should I look for in the entry requirements for my 'back up' universities if I miss by a grade? Any recommendations? I'm looking to study the biological sciences.
(edited 10 years ago)
You did well. Im sure that there are more helpful things to be asking on this site, than trying to glean sympathy from people over the internet. Im sure that "omegle" is much better for that
Im not trying to be harsh by the way. I fear that my post may have seemed that way upon reading it again
Well stop feeling anxious and work hard.

constantly worrying wont get you thos grades will it?
Continue doing what you did
Reply 5
Original post by Splashy Fiend
You did well. Im sure that there are more helpful things to be asking on this site, than trying to glean sympathy from people over the internet. Im sure that "omegle" is much better for that

erm I'm not trying to glean sympathy, I was giving people an overview of my current situation and wanted more opinions as to whether I'd done the right thing by applying to AAA-ABB universities and to ask what sort of insurance universities I should aim for.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Secretnerd123
Well stop feeling anxious and work hard.

constantly worrying wont get you thos grades will it?

yeah I guess it's because college are talking to us a lot about this everyday, and I'm under quite a bit of pressure to choose my two insurance universities in 2 weeks. You're right though.
Original post by Magenta96
yeah I guess it's because college are talking to us a lot about this everyday, and I'm under quite a bit of pressure to choose my two insurance universities in 2 weeks. You're right though.

Stop stressing. Im sure you'll do well :smile:

I thought you had to wait until you received all your offers/rejections before choosing an insurance and firm :/
Reply 8
Original post by Secretnerd123
Stop stressing. Im sure you'll do well :smile:

I thought you had to wait until you received all your offers/rejections before choosing an insurance and firm :/

Oh? I'm not sure who I've been talking to then lol. Well, with regards to my question, I suppose I should replace 'insurance' with 'back up' as I may have gotten a bit confused! Thanks for point that out.

Quick Reply

Latest