Practical Test in 3 Weeks *1st Attempt (Panic Mode) Advise?

Watch
shabbzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hay Guys/Gals, I just wanted to know if anyone on here would be helpful or kind enough to share some advise for my Practical test in the next few weeks. Any advise on what I should do to prepare, I'm confident in my abilities to drive carefully and not stalling the car etc but theres always nerves which can kill that

Any advise on how to kill nerves or anything to help?

Thanks
Joeey009
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People say that "Kalms" help you or you can use rescue remedy i haven't taken my test yet but im definitely using one of those two for a week before my test lol
shabbzy
Rep:
?
Hmm, I hate the sound of taking a *Drug* to help me focus or not be nervous xD - when is your test?
Mines at Hither Green - Kinda know the area really well so many roundabouts and junctions like a mad house hahah
Joeey009
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mines still like two months away, Its not to help you focus just kills your nerves so i hear :P
unknownone
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mine is on Wednesday!
Just know that they're not going to ask you to so something you've never done before.. You're gonna drive and you're gonna drive well so it'll all be fine Just understand that it's natural to be nervous but in this case you don't need to be because you're confident, careful and a good driver

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
shabbzy
Rep:
?
Ahhh Good luck my friend * Wish you all the luck in the world* for you to pass - My dad promised me that he would buy me a car if I pass first time xD - so I'm so pressured hahaha (Ill be like in the test) - Must pass, must pass hahah
unknownone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I passed on Wednesday

I was so nervous and within ten minutes I thought I'd failed! Another 10 minutes later I thought I'd definitely failed but I kept trooping on and didn't give up, ended up with 4 minors

So in the test, if you think you're doing bad, you're probably not, just keep going It's not over till it's over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
vitezg
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Drugs can help, just make sure you test your driving before taking the exam, and they do not make you drowsy or slow down your reflexes

Slowing down your breathing can work wonders, e.g. 7 seconds for inhalation, 11 for exhalation for 5 minutes.

Of course just relaxing a bit could help too; try to find a calm spot to sit/lie down and concentrate on your breathing and the sounds from the environment.
shabbzy
Rep:
?
Ahhh congrats "unknownone" - I did a mock test today with my instructor at night time was so hard.. I did a few mistakes, Like not seeing a give way sign in the dark cuz no lights on the street and the double lines on the floor are kinda faded from weather conditions.. But now I know where they are and got another mock test next week then hopefully the Tuesday after that I'll kick ass in that exam..

I'm just gonna do my best the worst thing that can happen is I fail (if anything else happens the examiner will stop the car if I dont see a hazard or something but I wont make he/she do that.... I'll see the hazard before they see it) - BRING IT ON :auto::banana2:
unknownone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shabbzy)
Ahhh congrats "unknownone" - I did a mock test today with my instructor at night time was so hard.. I did a few mistakes, Like not seeing a give way sign in the dark cuz no lights on the street and the double lines on the floor are kinda faded from weather conditions.. But now I know where they are and got another mock test next week then hopefully the Tuesday after that I'll kick ass in that exam..

I'm just gonna do my best the worst thing that can happen is I fail (if anything else happens the examiner will stop the car if I dont see a hazard or something but I wont make he/she do that.... I'll see the hazard before they see it) - BRING IT ON :auto::banana2:
Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do fine, just keep positive

Posted from TSR Mobile
shabbzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by unknownone)
Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do fine, just keep positive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks man, I just hope my nervs dnt get the best of me xD - Kinda worried just on the roundabout everything else im kinda cool with

Just hope its not a busy day on the roundabout :confused:
dooobie_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I took rescue remedy which is different types of oils in a dropper and it calmed me down a lot, it also comes in chewing gum form. Just take your time, there's no rush. If you need to slow down and think, do it but don't take the p*** and drive slow on the test like my friend did-_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joeey009
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck , when is your test?
NatashaLee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
believe in yourself, try treat it as just a normal lesson, it's hard but if you can get it into your head that it's just a lesson (say with a different instructor) then it might calm the nerves a bit

try not to panic at junctions, roundabouts (easier said than done I know) but try not to think like 'oh wow the roundabouts really busy today' just approach it as normal and do what you've been taught, basically try not to worry yourself

Good Luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
shabbzy
Rep:
?
Just PASSED!!!!

Boy it feels good

No minors, No majors (first time at Hither Green)

Advise for Hither Green just relax and go the speed limit its not hard at all.. Be confident and smile with your examiner and (ALWAYS) check your minors ESPECIALLY the left..

Good luck to everyone whos doing it there
Joeey009
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Congrats
unknownone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shabbzy)
Just PASSED!!!!

Boy it feels good

No minors, No majors (first time at Hither Green)

Advise for Hither Green just relax and go the speed limit its not hard at all.. Be confident and smile with your examiner and (ALWAYS) check your minors ESPECIALLY the left..

Good luck to everyone whos doing it there

Ahh very well done mate! 4 less minors than me
Welcome to the first-time-pass-club! :P
shabbzy
Rep:
?
Opp Opp
NatashaLee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.28%
I'm not sure (8)
2.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.22%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.33%
I'm not a current university student (137)
45.51%

Watched Threads