The Student Room Group

Woke up late; how do I reorganise my sleep schedule?

So I went out on the weekend and it has completely messed up my sleep schedule. I woke up at 1pm today (12pm on both Saturday and Sunday), and I don't know how to go about reorganising my sleeping pattern, since I don't want to fall into the habit of sleeping late and waking up late, which I am very susceptible to.

I have an early morning meeting with my tutor on Wednesday, so ideally, I want to wake up at 6am/7am, so I can go the gym before the meeting etc. Should I stay up all night tonight, and go to sleep at about 4pm/6pm on Tuesday, so I can wake up early on Wednesday? Or should I try and go to sleep tonight, and wake up at 6am tomorrow regardless of how many hours I've slept (which, let's be realistic, won't be a lot, and will take a lot of willpower, especially since I am known for sleeping through alarms when I'm sleep deprived)?

Aidez-moi!
Reply 1
That happens to me all the time.

There's 3 methods:

1) Pull an all nighter tonight then go to bed early evening tomorrow - you'll need a lot of coffee,
2) Go to bed the time you have been but only sleep for around 3 hours or 1 1/2 hours, you should be tired enough to fall asleep at the time you want tomrrow,
3) Eat nothing in the 16 hours leading up to the time you want to wake up, then have breakfast. This is known to reset your cycle.

:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Just go to bed, there is no trick if there's anything I've learned over the years. Any sleep is better than no sleep surely!
Go to bed as soon as you feel the slightest bit tired, and force yourself to get up in the morning. It's the only thing that works for me! Put your alarm at the other side of the room or something :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to wake up at 6pm, managed to fix it in two days. Play some sport the whole day or tired yourself out and gradually sleep earlier
Reply 5
If I were you, I'd try to get an earlyish night tonight, set your alarm for 7am tomorrow and get up no matter how hard it is, then go to sleep at the time you normally would go to bed anyway, as you'll probably be very tied by then. Then repeat until it is normal
Reply 6
When I mess my pattern up I just pull an all nighter and go to bed the next day at around 11, it works everytime.

Quick Reply