The Student Room Group

Architecture A level Choices

:rolleyes::wink::biggrin::mad::frown::p:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by _sophieann
I want to be an architect, planning to study at de Montfort university (Leicester).

In January im going to be choosing my a levels, but i dislike both maths, and physics.

I know these are favoured for the university course but i wondered if anyone knows if these still give me a chance of getting into the course:

Resistant Materials
Graphics
Photography
ICT
Extended Project (based on architecture)

Resistant Materials and Graphics for obvious reasons, the design aspect of it.

ICT due to the fact during the architecture course id use CAD and CAM, so having computer knowledge is good.

Extended project, to create a portfolio for university application.

Photography, because its an interesting subject, and there's a building topic.

Not sure if i should swap any of them for a more academic subject, if so what?

:smile:

You better have a very good physics and maths gcse grade then ^.^

Also Art may be good. Its a fairly common subject requirement for the course E.g. UCL. Even though it is ucl, if you can satisfy a big institute like them, then you dont have to worry about the rest.
Reply 2
Original post by Jkizer
You better have a very good physics and maths gcse grade then ^.^

Also Art may be good. Its a fairly common subject requirement for the course E.g. UCL. Even though it is ucl, if you can satisfy a big institute like them, then you dont have to worry about the rest.

I didn't take Art GCSE, so i cant take it for A level, so have chosen graphics as well as RM, as graphics has much more drawing than RM.

Do you think i should swap one of my choices for maths, but possibly only AS maths, would that still benefit me?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by _sophieann
I didn't take Art GCSE, so i cant take it for A level, so have chosen graphics as well as RM, as graphics has much more drawing than RM.

Do you think i should swap one of my choices for maths, but possibly only AS maths, would that still benefit me?:smile:

AS Maths i think is suitable. Theres a lot of resources like Examsolution which kind of brings you up to speed nicely :smile:

I personally think Photography can be replaced by Maths. But thats me :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest