The Student Room Group

accounting and finance or accounting and economics

I would really love to do accounting n economics. thing is, some top unis dont offer accounting n economics

so is it possible if i applied to 2 accounting n finace, the other accounting n economics
?
how should i alter my PS? Thanks
and what if our predicted grade doesnt match the requirement by 1 or 2 points?
thanks
im doing IB btw
You could just tailor your personal statement to discuss career interests in accountancy and general interests in finance and economics. Where are you applying to? I study accountancy and finance at aberdeen and all business school students have compulsory economics classes in first year, leaving the option open for accountancy & finance students to graduate with joint honours in economics (or switch to single honours in economics if they so wish). If you're open to doing both, I'd really recommend applying to a university that leaves these options open as you may find that you really enjoy one but not the other etc.
Tailor your personal statement to both. Finance has implications in both studies, so direct your focus to Finance and talk about economic aspects and the things you find interesting about the accountancy profession. I'm initially wanted to apply for Finance & Accounting courses, after careful consideration I chose Banking & Finance. Although I didn't change my PS as I generalized my interest in Finance to suit all criteria Economics/Banking/Finance/Accountancy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending