The Student Room Group

changing course

I need some information, my daughter has just finished her first year at Leeds Met studying Events Management. She is now on placement (sandwich course) but has decided she wants to do a teaching degree instead. She hasn't applied for any finance for her placement yr so my question is; would she be able to apply for student finance for the whole 3 years of a new course?

Thanks
Hi

Students are eligible to receive full funding for the duration of a course, plus one additional year if required.

If your daughter switches courses, the placement year would be considered to be a year of study, even if your daughter did not receive student finance for this year. This means your daughter would not be eligible to receive a Tuition Fee Loan or Maintenance Grant for the first year of a new course.

If your daughter has compelling personal reasons for leaving a course, such as ill health, your daughter is welcome to provide evidence of this when submitting a new application for student finance. This will allow us to assess your daughter's entitlement to receive full funding for the duration of a new course.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending