The Student Room Group

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz helpppppppppppp thank you

hi, im new on student room so i am not sure where to post the questions. I am doing this criminal law work i just dont seem to understand how to structure/ approach the question can someone help me please. thank you in advance.

Question

Cyril protested when Moby pushed in front of him in a queue at a supermarket. Cyril threatened to hit Moby and waved a fist in the air at him. Annoyed, Moby struck Cyril on the head with his walking stick causing Cyril’s spectacles to fall onto the floor. The blow caused Cyril to pass out for a few moments.
When he was roused, Cyril searched on the ground for his spectacles but could not find them. Although he could not see clearly, Cyril was so enraged that he grabbed hold of a tin from a shelf and threw it in Moby’s direction. The tin missed Cyril and struck Wen, another customer, on the back of her leg causing bruising. Unfortunately the knock aggravated a previous serious injury to Wen’s leg with the result that she developed a serious infection.
At that moment, Cyril saw Moby walking in his direction with what he believed to be a broken bottle. Frightened he might get hurt again, Cyril tried to run away. Cyril could not see clearly where he was going and he ran into a glass door causing it to break. Flying glass caused Cyril to sustain a cut to his arm. In fact, Moby had been carrying a folded umbrella.
Wen went to hospital where she was advised that she would require immediate surgery on her leg otherwise there was a danger she would lose use of it. Wen refused to undergo the procedure as she suffered from a great fear of needles. Unfortunately Wen’s leg became permanently paralysed.

Advise Cyril and Moby on their criminal liability, if any.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending