The Student Room Group

Applying for different (but similar) courses...personal statement?

I want to study Linguistics. Out of my five uni choices, only two are advertised as 'Linguistics', while another two are 'English Language' and the final is 'English Language & Linguistics'.

I have scoured the outline of the three latter courses on their websites, and ALL of them include Linguistic modules. I was a Manchester Uni open day last month and the lecturer mentioned how English Language students and Linguistics students both have access to exactly the same modules, and it is only the core modules that will differ with each degree.

My issue is I have NO idea how to go about altering my personal statement...to fit both? Do I talk about my overall interest in language without specifically mentioning a course name? Or is that the worst thing to do?

I would REALLY appreciate any help! :smile:
Reply 1
Depends who is likely to make you an offer with your grades and which of the courses you would like to make your firm and insurance.
I applied for Philosophy, Philosophy & sociology, religion and ethics, theology and religion and politics and have 3 unconditional offers even though my personal statement was aimed at Philosophy...
Reply 3
i wondered if anyone here knew the required a levels for philosophy and theology at oxford?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending