The Student Room Group

Who is doing company law?

who is doing company law? How are you finding it so far?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by thefayme
who is doing company law? How are you finding it so far?

I did it last year - it was difficult to get my head around in parts but became more interesting as things started to click in exam term. I found directors' duties more enjoyable than the procedure required for calling/voting at meetings, naturally! :wink:
Reply 3
hey, Im studying company Law right now, have to admit at first i found it really boring when going through the introduction of the course knowing what diffrent types of companys are etc. but now i have to admit i'm finding it relatively easy to understand.

however I am finding it difficult to get my head around the corporate viel if anyone wants to helpme out I wouldnt mind??
Reply 4
Original post by xkhodux
hey, Im studying company Law right now, have to admit at first i found it really boring when going through the introduction of the course knowing what diffrent types of companys are etc. but now i have to admit i'm finding it relatively easy to understand.

however I am finding it difficult to get my head around the corporate viel if anyone wants to helpme out I wouldnt mind??

Sealy and Worthington's book is quite helpful (as is Gower and Davies, although the latter is aimed at practitioners so it might be too detailed.) I don't have time to give a detailed answer to your question, so see this introduction on Wikipedia, but essentially "piercing/lifting the corporate veil" represents the willingness of the courts - in exceptional circumstances - to disregard the "separate legal personality" of the company and to make the individuals controlling it personally liable.
Reply 5
Hi! The corporate veil is a 'veil' which lies between the 'corporation' and it's shareholders. It is a concept relating to the separate corporate personality. therefore when the corporate veil is lifted, separate corporate personality teporarily ceases to exist and the 'company' as a body may be liable.

I hope this is of some assistance. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by klr
Hi! The corporate veil is a 'veil' which lies between the 'corporation' and it's shareholders. It is a concept relating to the separate corporate personality. therefore when the corporate veil is lifted, separate corporate personality teporarily ceases to exist and the 'company' as a body may be liable.

I hope this is of some assistance. :smile:

things are quite alike here, in China~

we're just learning corporate law and the corporate veil and even 'piercing the corporate veil'~:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Tortious
I did it last year - it was difficult to get my head around in parts but became more interesting as things started to click in exam term. I found directors' duties more enjoyable than the procedure required for calling/voting at meetings, naturally! :wink:

Yeah it is quite interesting when you get into it, What tips you can give regarding it? Also do you have any of your revision materials/notes still?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending