TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread Watch

jaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
even if they dont, it sure does make sense with the amount of cameras about!
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The SV I was riding not long ago had the large tachometer and a digital speedo in the middle. Much preferred that to having 2 analogue displays. Much more accurate and takes a few split seconds less to pick up all the data. I liked it
And you can switch between kph and mph
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So today I go to the dealer, I am gonna look at the Gladius and the GSR600 as well, I think. Wish me luck!
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
i want to do one of those week long direct access intensive courses. the list states that day 1 is cbt, 2,3,4 training and 5 is test. would i have to book my own theory for day 1 evening?
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dh00001)
i want to do one of those week long direct access intensive courses. the list states that day 1 is cbt, 2,3,4 training and 5 is test. would i have to book my own theory for day 1 evening?
you can do the theory whenever - before the course is best..
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Talya)
did you buy it??
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
did you buy it??
I most certainly did!! Will be a little while before I get it though, will get my reg on Sat and dealer said I should start the insurance for 1st June. Ideally I need it for the 4th as my mum is moving to Leicester and it'll be a great run from Southampton to Leicester to run it in
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
you can do the theory whenever - before the course is best..
i was under the impression you need a cbt certificate to do the theory or have i read it wrong?
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dh00001)
i was under the impression you need a cbt certificate to do the theory or have i read it wrong?
hmm lemme check. I'm pretty sure you need both for them main but can do the two in either order..

edit: http://www.smart-learning.org.uk/whatTests.htmlYou just need a Provisional Licence (you drive so not a prob) to take the theory, that's it. I think people just tend to do it the otherway round incase they don't take the full test.
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Talya)
I most certainly did!! Will be a little while before I get it though, will get my reg on Sat and dealer said I should start the insurance for 1st June. Ideally I need it for the 4th as my mum is moving to Leicester and it'll be a great run from Southampton to Leicester to run it in
jealous!! I'm going to Leicester next weekend on my 125. Nothings more irritating than having to be stuck on A roads. Bumps it up to about 4 hours, but my car's still busted (d'oh)
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
jealous!! I'm going to Leicester next weekend on my 125. Nothings more irritating than having to be stuck on A roads. Bumps it up to about 4 hours, but my car's still busted (d'oh)
Not fun!

Tlya i should have looked here and facebook first but, oh well i rang you

Wooo shiny... and that means i get a go sometime?
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
Wooo shiny... and that means i get a go sometime?
No! Is mine!!! MY PRECIOUS!!
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll share mine, i would share robins but its too big for me to ride down
Dittoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did my CBT today and absolutely loved it! Bombing around on a little cg 125, scared out of my life at roundabouts! But cant wait to get my own bike now.
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like this are these any good? Whatched a prgramme about them and they said they were quite good value.

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/D...00RR+Fireblade
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
I like this are these any good? Whatched a prgramme about them and they said they were quite good value.

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/D...00RR+Fireblade
Well 'good' is all relative. personally, I'd say it was crap, as it's a sports bike and I can't get comfy on them! But Bathwiggle loves sports bikes so providing she's a honda fan I'm sure she'll be along to sing its praises, teehee
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I rode a 600 Fireblade for a little bit, a friend's Brother's.. I havent been on the road with it for long at all, but had it offroad for a while - my god I loved it!
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My plate got stolen :mad:

And I think they tried to have a go at the bike but the alarm put them off (bit of damage to the barrel, moved a little bit).
WISH I'd caught them at it, but hey

The biting quesetion is.... do I get a plate WITH the gb side strip.. or... without???:laugh:
METHKID
Report 9 years ago
Can Someon Explain The Steps I Need To Take So I Can Ride... Im 16 Btw
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.51%
No (556)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (188)
20.59%

Watched Threads