Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can i install my new flyscreen myself? it came without instructions and I asked on a bike forum but no one replied :cries:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    Can i install my new flyscreen myself? it came without instructions and I asked on a bike forum but no one replied :cries:
    yeah of course you can! when you've got plenty of time take it bits and work it out yourself.

if in doubt put some pics up on here and im sure everyone will offer their opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    Insurance on Bandits and fazers is very good, in fact I was after a bandit 600 to start with, but to be honest I'd miss the more involved ride compared to other bikes, and even from an athstetic point of view I love sports bikes rather than naked! I wanted to love the bandit but I just couldnt.. I found it pretty bland despite the power (being picky me!) I'm going to have a look at an rs250 but I'm put off by the fact that I'm having to rebuild my rs125's top end at the moment!
    have you looked at GSX-F at all, there like the GSX-R, but more upright, with the engine from a bandit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    You told me you were. I'll be down sunday to help if you want. You should be able to.

ReputationRep:
    I was more confident before it arrived!!

ReputationRep:
    positive thinking. And good luck with sams bike

ReputationRep:
    What if it's the alternator?

ReputationRep:
    Panic and its gonna be expensive as i cant help with that. i've suggested he tries bump starting it rather than risk the seat. It might be the battery wasnt charged enough when it was turned off. or its an old battery which needs replacing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    What if it's the alternator?
    bull nose pliers to get the cable under the seat to release it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    have you looked at GSX-F at all, there like the GSX-R, but more upright, with the engine from a bandit.
    yeah I did do breifly ta, but theres something I really don't like about them! I'm picky!! On the plus side, I went to see a gixxer tonight because after reccomendation from a freind, I found insurance for £500 which brings it back into the game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    yeah I did do breifly ta, but theres something I really don't like about them! I'm picky!! On the plus side, I went to see a gixxer tonight because after reccomendation from a freind, I found insurance for £500 which brings it back into the game!
    I find them too long. As my father keeps suggesting his one too me.

ReputationRep:
    bf is taking the battery out of his bandit as we speak...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    I find them too long. As my father keeps suggesting his one too me.
    the f? they did look a bit oddly proportioned but cant say I've been up close to one..

at any rate, I just put a deposit down! standard issue gixxer colours much like:

the £500 insurance clinched it; I can not wait, just need to move on the RS now... wanted it in black but who's complaining!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    the f? they did look a bit oddly proportioned but cant say I've been up close to one..

at any rate, I just put a deposit down! standard issue gixxer colours much like:

the £500 insurance clinched it; I can not wait, just need to move on the RS now... wanted it in black but who's complaining!
    Nice. Where did you get that quote from? 600,750 or 1000cc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    it's the baby 600, more than enough to keep me happy I think!

It was from a website but I'm having a total mind blank! L&R? P&R? SOMETHING and R :laugh: I'll check in a tick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    twas H&R

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    twas H&R
    Mmmmm, they are doing some good deals. I will be with them when ive passed. £240 TPFT.

ReputationRep:
    The Battery on Sam's bandit is kaput. Charged it, put it back in bike at 4pm, tried to start it at 6pm after putting new indicators on and just that nasty no-juice noise.

Bought a new one so hopefully we'll be on the road soon....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    The Battery on Sam's bandit is kaput. Charged it, put it back in bike at 4pm, tried to start it at 6pm after putting new indicators on and just that nasty no-juice noise.

Bought a new one so hopefully we'll be on the road soon....
    well done on the seat. How did you get it off?

Wooo on the indicators.

(Original post by jaw)
    Yeah the F is what hes got. I found it too long compared to the sv and too unwieldly. But i am short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    well done on the seat. How did you get it off?

Wooo on the indicators.
    The reason the seat won't come off is because the cable that the seat key thingy is attached to keeps slipping out of the mount, sam took the mount off and just pulls the cable.

et voila.

ps we had a go at putting in the fly screen on gladys but it was hard and we gave up

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.