Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I passed, but only just

I sped around roundabouts a little too quickly and messed up a few junctions, but nothing dangerous.
    Hmmm...I'm spotting a pattern here haha - noticed how we all either "just passed" or had to do a second attempt lol. I actually believe the rumour that most people pass is false. You either probably just pass (due to some luck and some good retention) or you have prior experience on a bike.

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    Hmmm...I'm spotting a pattern here haha - noticed how we all either "just passed" or had to do a second attempt lol. I actually believe the rumour that most people pass is false. You either probably just pass (due to some luck and some good retention) or you have prior experience on a bike.
    Lol, yea I do agree.

It is a lot of information to take in in a few hours though so your bound to make mistakes

It was really difficult I must admit. I'm gonna go back next month for another 2 hour session to train me on dual carridgeways on my own bike

ReputationRep:
    woo, had my first 'crash' today - well not really a crash, more falling over.
    i was filtering down the middle of a wed, dark road, when i saw a car pulling out, put on the brakes and lost my front wheel. i was going <20 mph, only broken things are, a bit of plastic around my headlight, my steering feels bent, and my phone broke.
    accidents like that are quite fun! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    woo, had my first 'crash' today - well not really a crash, more falling over.
    i was filtering down the middle of a wed, dark road, when i saw a car pulling out, put on the brakes and lost my front wheel. i was going <20 mph, only broken things are, a bit of plastic around my headlight, my steering feels bent, and my phone broke.
    accidents like that are quite fun! :p:
    you want to check that its only the bars that are bent, if its the forks or headstock it could cause a nasty accident again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyjoyce)
    you want to check that its only the bars that are bent, if its the forks or headstock it could cause a nasty accident again
    gonna go back to cycling to school tomorrow, and the look at it properly in the evening. i don't think the bars are bent. I'm going to try taking them off, putting them on again and seeing if they just got turned around the bolts.
    but thats for the advice

gr my damn oil filter is stuck, ive tried to get it off so much its almost torn in half!
    any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    WD40, lots of it, let it soak overnight?

What have you done? Last resort you could hammer a screwdriver through the filter and use that as a lever.

You could run the engine, get the oil nice and hot, should expand the threads and make it easier to get the filter off.

What have you tried so far?

have had a filter wrench on it, a chain wrench, monkey wrench AND put a driver through it :sad: its going nowhere

ReputationRep:
    Hammer, BIG Hammer.

ReputationRep:
    With the chain wrenches are you destroying the filter or is the tool slipping? If it was anything other than an oil filter you could use gas bottles.

ReputationRep:
    wd40 is useless for budging things, go for a proper penetrating oil & lubricant, allinone or simillar..

other than that something with as much a leverage as possible with the space available with a quick motion.. get as big a lever as possible through the middle of you cant get enough purchase around it without going too large so that theres little to pull on (longer and thicker than a screwdrive ideally. how big is the filter (diameter?) if it's something like a metre long 250mm thick bolt or something it'd be ideal as you could tighten nuts to either side of the filter to pervent the thing from shearing to peices..

most importantly, if it hasnt worked after 3-4 hours of trying, go get a bacon sarnie and a coffee, lest you beat your bike to an oily pulp

if it was a car sized filter I'd suggest http://www.sears.com/shc/s/ProductDi...3PmzvH4w%3D%3D genius things..

ReputationRep:
    WD40 is useless!?!! BLASPHEMY! Shoot that man at once!

P&O Cruises is run on WD40 and big spanners! Lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    WD40 is useless!?!! BLASPHEMY! Shoot that man at once!

P&O Cruises is run on WD40 and big spanners! Lol!
    haha :rofl: think i'll fly from now:p:

i got it off in the end

using a hammer, chisel and junior hack saw :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tools of the true professional!

ReputationRep:
    I just bought this

2006 Suzuki GS 500F. Only 4000 miles. Swapped the YBR and some money.

Win
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    I just bought this

2006 Suzuki GS 500F. Only 4000 miles. Swapped the YBR and some money.

Win

Yummy.

Why though? Whats up with the Gladius?

Bought myself some new leathers yesterday. 50% off from Hein Greike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    Yummy.

Why though? Whats up with the Gladius?

Bought myself some new leathers yesterday. 50% off from Hein Greike
    She's still got the gladius! Gladys is for round town, and this is for motorways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    She's still got the gladius! Gladys is for round town, and this is for motorways
    now thats just showing off! one bike for town, one for not town :stomp:.
    can i have one of them please :nutcase: :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    now thats just showing off! one bike for town, one for not town :stomp:.
    can i have one please :nutcase: :nutcase:
    Well it can make sense having one which has a low fuel consumption, and one for playing on, which might eat through fuel.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.