TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread Watch

magnificentduke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
My dad had a 600 bros.. it was lovely until the woman pulled into him. I like the idea of having lots of bikes, but i wouldnt be able to provide them with the time they would want.. says she whos neglecting her bandit 400, for her SV. What i do want is a fully fitted garage of my own to store bikes in. And a Daytona 675 plus a bike i wont mind breaking, so maybe a candy blue pointy sv (not black)

Thing is in Ireland there is absolutely no use for an R6 or a GSXR 600, you need a supermoto with the state of the roads (hence my everyday bike) and the GS for long distance stuff. The others are just weekend bikes... maybe trackbikes....
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by magnificentduke)
Thing is in Ireland there is absolutely no use for an R6 or a GSXR 600, you need a supermoto with the state of the roads (hence my everyday bike) and the GS for long distance stuff. The others are just weekend bikes... maybe trackbikes....
I know my aunts sister in Irelands got an R6 and is always riding it and loves it, she's never complained about the roads, mind you her father, the day she moved out, mounted a ducati on her bedroom wall and turned the rest of the space into a bar, so madness does run in their family.

Sadly for what i use bikes for i dont generally get the opportunity to go above 70, as i always end in a traffic jam on a motorway. Track days may be the way to go, but i would rather have the opportunity to vary my riding more than that. The daytona is a dream, i probably would only use it when dry and not for long distance journeys.
magnificentduke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not into speeding anyway, just acceleration and overtaking Happy out on my bros at the moment anyway, just got it to get my licence and cos it was super cheap to buy and insure.

There aren't any police in the countryside when it comes to varied riding
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sadly for what i use bikes for i dont generally get the opportunity to go above 70, as i always end in a traffic jam on a motorway. Track days may be the way to go, but i would rather have the opportunity to vary my riding more than that. The daytona is a dream, i probably would only use it when dry and not for long distance journeys.
Poor southeners! Rode a few miles back from Oxford on the M40 and every bike on there was doing somewhere near a ton. Also been home to Yorkshire and that was a bit busier, but still no traffic jams.
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by magnificentduke)
I'm not into speeding anyway, just acceleration and overtaking Happy out on my bros at the moment anyway, just got it to get my licence and cos it was super cheap to buy and insure.

There aren't any police in the countryside when it comes to varied riding
If all the cars sit at 65 chances of overtaking are minimal as they will just change lanes for the hell of it, and i've had enough near misses in lanes, sadly, i like being able to go down an empty road and traveling listening to the revs rather than the speedo, meaning that on the rare occasions i get to 80 at 6000revs my bike sounds really really nice. Although ive just changed the exhaust so that'll have changed.

My father had promised me his suzuki GS500 when i got my test, and he forgot the oil, then he offered me the bros after he got the insurance money, except the daft woman drove into him, and he had to use my bike!! i was not impressed.

so now i look for pretty looking and sounding bikes mainly to get me 30 miles to my parents, or 100miles to bf. There also are rubbish roads round here, compared to wales which has actual challenging roads to ride.

You can tell the Romans built colchester, everything is straight
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cj-Tj)
Poor southeners! Rode a few miles back from Oxford on the M40 and every bike on there was doing somewhere near a ton. Also been home to Yorkshire and that was a bit busier, but still no traffic jams.
Ah well, i'll have some fun when i get to wales over xmas if we can take the bikes.

Going round the uk was brilliant as the roads were so much clearer, and just in great yarmouth, the 4 bikes wheeling past us showing off, (given that we had camping gear we were quite happily pootling along and didn't even wave).
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
there's always idiots that give the rest of us a bad name, usually riding GSXR's really fast in straight lines but as soon as the bendy stuff comes its hard on the brakes, arse off the seat and knee down taking horrible lines through bends. really irritates me.

headed over to the cat and fiddle triangle last week for a blast, it certainly lived up to its second most dangerous road in the country, proppppper sketchy road surfaces on some of the bends which only becomes apparent mid corner when you're already right over. (especially as my center stand grounds round left handers and it isnt sprung like the peg is, wont be long before i go round a corner enthusiastically and it digs in and spits me off)

check - http://www.bestbikingroads.com/ for local unknown biking roads, has reviews and warnings of police presence etc

heated jackets - are amazing things, got myself one in plymouth after freezing my arse off on the way down from nottingham, plugs into the battery and keeps you toasty! was lovely and warm for the entire 5 hours up the M5 in pouring rain
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by crazyjoyce)

heated jackets - are amazing things, got myself one in plymouth after freezing my arse off on the way down from nottingham, plugs into the battery and keeps you toasty! was lovely and warm for the entire 5 hours up the M5 in pouring rain
Where abouts in Plymouth?

I'll get my OH to get me one. He bums around between lectures
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
check - http://www.bestbikingroads.com/ for local unknown biking roads, has reviews and warnings of police presence etc

The heated jaacket could be tempting.... despite my budget

When were were biking, i liked snake pass (A57) which was somewhere in the peak district, and loads in the lake district (in future im not allowed to leave, as although they were pretty roads, we spent most of the time going the opposite way my boyfriend wanted)
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Where abouts in Plymouth?

I'll get my OH to get me one. He bums around between lectures
Hein Gericke, was like £90 and came with a temp regulator. its not the rolls royce of heated waistcoats but the 'best' one is made by a company called Chilli costs £150!
LadySmythe
Report 9 years ago
Hein Gericke, was like £90 and came with a temp regulator. its not the rolls royce of heated waistcoats but the 'best' one is made by a company called Chilli costs £150!
Its a saving jobby then.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm still waiting for my OH to get me my 21st b'day present of draggin jeans... we're nearly a year later..
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The heated jaacket could be tempting.... despite my budget

When were were biking, i liked snake pass (A57) which was somewhere in the peak district, and loads in the lake district (in future im not allowed to leave, as although they were pretty roads, we spent most of the time going the opposite way my boyfriend wanted)
Think there was an offer that if you bought a HG goretex jacket you get one free, so if you're in the market for a new winter jacket

ive never ridden in the lakes, driven plenty but its not really the same, honnister (sp) pass was pretty memorable
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Think there was an offer that if you bought a HG goretex jacket you get one free, so if you're in the market for a new winter jacket

ive never ridden in the lakes, driven plenty but its not really the same, honnister (sp) pass was pretty memorable
See i have 3 jackets already... its wanting more gear which i dont reallllly need..

When we did the lakes (just 2 days) it spent half the time raining, and the views when we came out of the clouds were stunning, and i enjoyed the harder riding, compared to just worryin someone was going to kill me.
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
See i have 3 jackets already... its wanting more gear which i dont reallllly need..

When we did the lakes (just 2 days) it spent half the time raining, and the views when we came out of the clouds were stunning, and i enjoyed the harder riding, compared to just worryin someone was going to kill me.
ah i know the feeling, im after a 2 piece suit, either hideout made to measure or dainese. im a bit of a dainese *****, gloves, jacket and trousers the gloves are awesome

i need to get some biking mates my own age so i can talk like this, most of the guys i ride with are 20 years older
LadySmythe
Report 9 years ago
I need to find people to ride with :erm:

The only people I know who ride share a 50cc restricted moped. And the rest of my area are stupid chaves who ride at 50mph everywhere wit just a helmet on for protection, weaving through traffic unnecessarily
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well currently what i need is new trousers, given i melted my waterproof outer layer on my exhaust..

Thats why i pushed so hard for talya to get a bike not a ped, my bf never took me seriously until i rang him told him i'd passed, he called me a liar, then i took him to buy a bike with my father.

If i didn't have them i would be biking with my father and uncle, as sadly my aunt wont bike because of her children and her sister is in Ireland.
LadySmythe
Report 9 years ago
well currently what i need is new trousers, given i melted my waterproof outer layer on my exhaust..

Thats why i pushed so hard for talya to get a bike not a ped, my bf never took me seriously until i rang him told him i'd passed, he called me a liar, then i took him to buy a bike with my father.

If i didn't have them i would be biking with my father and uncle, as sadly my aunt wont bike because of her children and her sister is in Ireland.

My bf is the one who shares the Ped. Hes only got it coz he shares it with his sister (who is 16, so can get any bigger than 50cc anyway) and he has a car that he uses anyway. He wants a bike later on, for us to share so We'll both do some sort of test later on. He'll prob do direct access in 3 years time (when hes 21) and I'm likely to do restricted access next year. My CBT runs out 2 weeks before my 21st Birthday which is a bummer. I might just not ride for that 2 weeks. I'll use the instructors bikes for the tests anyway as its all done on 500's. Which I can;t wait to get on

The only other person in my family who rides is my grandad, but we are both so busy that we never get too, and hes just got a new bike and so is still running it in, so we can;t really go anywhere nice. My scooters not really a cruiser either. Just a little runner (well I say little, its the same length as my OH's Fiat Panda!)
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
My bf is the one who shares the Ped. Hes only got it coz he shares it with his sister (who is 16, so can get any bigger than 50cc anyway) and he has a car that he uses anyway. He wants a bike later on, for us to share so We'll both do some sort of test later on. He'll prob do direct access in 3 years time (when hes 21) and I'm likely to do restricted access next year. My CBT runs out 2 weeks before my 21st Birthday which is a bummer. I might just not ride for that 2 weeks. I'll use the instructors bikes for the tests anyway as its all done on 500's. Which I can;t wait to get on

The only other person in my family who rides is my grandad, but we are both so busy that we never get too, and hes just got a new bike and so is still running it in, so we can;t really go anywhere nice. My scooters not really a cruiser either. Just a little runner (well I say little, its the same length as my OH's Fiat Panda!)
But then you'll have to do the CBT again! I know what you mean about little, bikes do seem little compared to cars, i mean my wee bandit, isnt actually wee, in terms of engine or length, but it seems little width wise If you doing an intensive course do your theory first.
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Where abouts do peopel live?

Bath and Talya are south coast, somewhere?

Im West Mids.

Anyone else...........
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1366)
79.7%
Leave (348)
20.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise