TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread Watch

Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thedude78)
I was thinking of getting some hot grips. What ya reckon??
I use my heated grips with the mitts to keep the wind off and find they help alot. If you arnt going to remember to turn them off each time, then get them fitted to the ignition control. It also helps to keep your fingers around the grips to get them to work, if not you just get heated palms.
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Off to the MCN bike show at ExCel tomorrow. Wheee!!!
thedude78
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Talya)
Cool.

Have fun!
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Talya let me know what to look for tomorrow. Freds after leathers.
Riderz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Talya)
Let me know if its worth going, a few people have said there aint much there and im not going down if thats the case. If it could fill a few hours then I might be tempted.
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Loads of clothes and stuff. I'd say it's worth it. I found an Alpinestars jacket £280 down to £99!! I am very happy

My boyfriend bought a screen for his Bandit and a touch up kit for paint repair on his bike too

Not many freebies around though and the food options at Excel are poo

Lots of cool bikes to sit on but no Suzuki
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the mcn was a real let down for me! hardly any bikes, loads of cheap junk, hardly any decent kit at sale prices. KTM wernt there, honda were but had a crap stand.

thumbs down for me
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by crazyjoyce)
thumbs down for me
I wasnt too impressed either. They had loads of RST stuff compared to the NEC birmingham, but nothing i wanted.
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
I wasnt too impressed either. They had loads of RST stuff compared to the NEC birmingham, but nothing i wanted.
think i've fallen in love with a ZX-10, and after a suprisingly cheap insurance quote i fell even more :eek3:

gone off the CB1000R which was top of the list before, wanted to see a superduke and the 990 SMT but they wern't there, boooooo!

liked the look of the speed triple, but would be as impractical as the '10 and i liked that more. i want a top box on either despite it ruining the looks but they're usefull

decided that a sporty 600 (either the CBR, ZX6 street triple etc) would be too small being freakishly tall. most of the thou's are small enough, but the 600's feel like toys.

also decided against the IAM formally, in favour of ROSPA who are much more informal which suits be better at the moment, and a bronze pass which i already would achieve is the equivalent, so silver in the summer i hope, then gold soon after.

i really need to get non 50+ year old biking mates rather than talking largely to myself on here :p:
div curl F = 0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well I had my CBT today and loved every second of it, such a sense of freedom compared to the car. With that and my Theory now done, its just the practical sides to deal with now. The next phase of my learning will be on a 500cc, looking forward to that a lot now.
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by div curl F = 0)
Well I had my CBT today and loved every second of it, such a sense of freedom compared to the car. With that and my Theory now done, its just the practical sides to deal with now. The next phase of my learning will be on a 500cc, looking forward to that a lot now.
Its good fun :awesome:

I can't wait til i can afford my full bike test :daydreaming: well done for passing your Theory and CBT though
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
its more than good fun! although at this time of the year you have to be pretty dedicated to get out, but once the summer comes and its warm, roads are dry, grip is plentiful you'll want more and more of it
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
think i've fallen in love with a ZX-10, and after a suprisingly cheap insurance quote i fell even more :eek3:

liked the look of the speed triple, but would be as impractical as the '10 and i liked that more. i want a top box on either despite it ruining the looks but they're usefull

decided that a sporty 600 (either the CBR, ZX6 street triple etc) would be too small being freakishly tall. most of the thou's are small enough, but the 600's feel like toys.

i really need to get non 50+ year old biking mates rather than talking largely to myself on here :p:
I love the zx-10, but as normal... too short. I think thats gonna be my life. The triple speed i like, and could ride, but only just. I keep debating a top box, but thats effort. And normally i just cargo net everything.

My uncles 6ft 4/5 and he normally ends on a BMW for the height.

Well i'm running out of bikers i know as my ex ended it. Although im still hoping to convince him to go ahead with the biking round Wales (or at least new forest) at Easter. Otherwise i'll go alone and sing loudly to myself as i go, like normal really. Although one of my friends at uni has decided she's gonna do her CBT as i enjoy biking so much, and she thinks she'll enjoy it.

Still need to fix my oil leak, but not had time yet.

(Original post by div curl F = 0)
Well done. Apparently bikers are the only people who know why dogs ride in cars with their heads hanging out.
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I love the zx-10, but as normal... too short. I think thats gonna be my life. The triple speed i like, and could ride, but only just. I keep debating a top box, but thats effort. And normally i just cargo net everything.

My uncles 6ft 4/5 and he normally ends on a BMW for the height.

Well i'm running out of bikers i know as my ex ended it. Although im still hoping to convince him to go ahead with the biking round Wales (or at least new forest) at Easter. Otherwise i'll go alone and sing loudly to myself as i go, like normal really. Although one of my friends at uni has decided she's gonna do her CBT as i enjoy biking so much, and she thinks she'll enjoy it.

Still need to fix my oil leak, but not had time yet.

Well done. Apparently bikers are the only people who know why dogs ride in cars with their heads hanging out.
ah thats lame about breaking up etc. its much more fun when you ride in a group, or anything other than on your own!

i've found some guys who ride at uni but they think a good ride out is 30 miles... :s hardly worth getting your kit on for that, not no mention they're not particularly accomplished riders and go for overtakes that just arnt there, 50p corners etc etc!

i really want to convince my gf into getting on the back, but shes not having any of it! i'll wear her down eventually

and as for being tall and BMWs, i'll never ride one until im 70, although the new S1000R appeals to the inner hooligan
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 8 years ago
its more than good fun! although at this time of the year you have to be pretty dedicated to get out, but once the summer comes and its warm, roads are dry, grip is plentiful you'll want more and more of it
I agree, I couldn't feel my hands after I got home from college again today :sad:

Can't wait til summer, will be going as far as I can on me little scooter :awesome: (provided its dry, which it rarely is these days)
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ah thats lame about breaking up etc. its much more fun when you ride in a group, or anything other than on your own!

i've found some guys who ride at uni but they think a good ride out is 30 miles... :s hardly worth getting your kit on for that, not no mention they're not particularly accomplished riders and go for overtakes that just arnt there, 50p corners etc etc!

i really want to convince my gf into getting on the back, but shes not having any of it! i'll wear her down eventually

and as for being tall and BMWs, i'll never ride one until im 70, although the new S1000R appeals to the inner hooligan
His loss on breaking up with me. Sadly my bike riding gets dangerous when i'm upset, so i'm staying away from it for a bike. My driving instructor last tuesday got quite scared as i was being quite an aggressive driver as i was upset. I just told her it was his fault (i'm normally quite good in the car, except for the acceleration)

30 miles is nothing! Definitely needs to be longer than that. You only really get to play after 30 round here, as you have to go that far to actually get the good roads.

Whats her reasons for not getting on the back?

My uncles been on them since 25... mainly as he got fed up of the back pain. I did have a little drool over the S1000R
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
His loss on breaking up with me. Sadly my bike riding gets dangerous when i'm upset, so i'm staying away from it for a bike. My driving instructor last tuesday got quite scared as i was being quite an aggressive driver as i was upset. I just told her it was his fault (i'm normally quite good in the car, except for the acceleration)

30 miles is nothing! Definitely needs to be longer than that. You only really get to play after 30 round here, as you have to go that far to actually get the good roads.

Whats her reasons for not getting on the back?

My uncles been on them since 25... mainly as he got fed up of the back pain. I did have a little drool over the S1000R
my minds always 100% on riding when im on the bike, and i've got alot better at controlling the red mist that inevitably descends after drivers do something stupid havent driven a car for a while despite all this lame weather and being insured on quite a few nice ones at home, just doesn't appeal (well maybe today after the snow was settling on my visor faster than i could clear it haha)

not really sure, i think its that she thinks she'll be scared, fair enough i guess but i would be nice if we could go out, even for 10 mins for her to experience it before writing it off. she could end up liking it and that would be great! also the 'looking stupid' bit, but thats just an excuse rather than an actual reason! i've never ridden with a pillion so i'd also like to find out what thats like!

i want it to be summmmmmmmer!
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
my minds always 100% on riding when im on the bike, and i've got alot better at controlling the red mist that inevitably descends after drivers do something stupid havent driven a car for a while despite all this lame weather and being insured on quite a few nice ones at home, just doesn't appeal (well maybe today after the snow was settling on my visor faster than i could clear it haha)

not really sure, i think its that she thinks she'll be scared, fair enough i guess but i would be nice if we could go out, even for 10 mins for her to experience it before writing it off. she could end up liking it and that would be great! also the 'looking stupid' bit, but thats just an excuse rather than an actual reason! i've never ridden with a pillion so i'd also like to find out what thats like!

i want it to be summmmmmmmer!
I'm prone to riding faster if upset, and will challenge cars if i think they are in the wrong... which although not dangerous generally, i think its just silly riding when i'm more likely to have an accident. So i stick to the push bike.

I was only learning to drive as he asked me to, as he thought then he'd be able to drink when we go out.

We've only had light snow, but i'm sure its gonna get worse. Could you maybe look into her doing a trial on a bike (http://www.geton.co.uk// has some places which do a free trial hour) and it might relax her a bit? and you've told her how amazing she'd look in leathers? if you think that would work.

If you've not ridden with a pillion maybe get another biker to go on the back first so your used to it, then she would know your trust worthy with a pillion?

No girl looks stupid on a bike. We always look better than blokes on bikes, whether we;re pillion or infront.
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
I agree, I couldn't feel my hands after I got home from college again today :sad:

Can't wait til summer, will be going as far as I can on me little scooter :awesome: (provided its dry, which it rarely is these days)
yeah i really didn't appreciate how nice the summer was, summer gloves, summer leathers, never getting cold!

i dont mind riding in the wet at all, just cold and wet is no fun, my nose was running, then freezing inside my helmet earlier, then snow was freezing solid on my visor faster than i could get rid of it! really was freaking freezing. even with my heated grips and thick ass gloves!
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm prone to riding faster if upset, and will challenge cars if i think they are in the wrong... which although not dangerous generally, i think its just silly riding when i'm more likely to have an accident. So i stick to the push bike.

I was only learning to drive as he asked me to, as he thought then he'd be able to drink when we go out.

We've only had light snow, but i'm sure its gonna get worse. Could you maybe look into her doing a trial on a bike (http://www.geton.co.uk// has some places which do a free trial hour) and it might relax her a bit? and you've told her how amazing she'd look in leathers? if you think that would work.

If you've not ridden with a pillion maybe get another biker to go on the back first so your used to it, then she would know your trust worthy with a pillion?

No girl looks stupid on a bike. We always look better than blokes on bikes, whether we;re pillion or infront.
pah, i rarely drink these days, i'd rather buy fuel rather than drinking £40 3 times a week like other students!

cheers for the link, i think i'll book an hour and tell her i paid for it, might encourage her to actually do it! hopefully they'll let me out aswell, hoon around off the road on someone elses 125 :yep:

i think i may resort to compromise, i'll go to some lame ass girly concert or whatever in exchange for her to ride pillion
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.98%
No (590)
60.2%
Not really bothered about them (204)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise