TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread Watch

Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
I guess its not an area thats hot then. It was melted on the exhaust pipe today but I had no-where else to put it.

Apart from that it is the most awesome invention for fixing things ever!

Aww bless her. You should get her a handbook for how to fix her bike (if theres one available)

My grandad won't have his leg brace off for another 6 weeks yet though so something like the main stand he can't fix but I am lucky that hes around to help. I might watch the garage do it
its only really the engine block, & exhaust that would melt it, any ware else should be fine.
i melted the strap of my tank bag on my exaust, now whenever i warm up the engine, i get that lovely melting rubber smell
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Riderz)
If I had to get rid of one the bike would go first. Car is practical, bike is for kicks. I try and use it practically, to get my monies worth, but between the two I would have the car any day. Its dry, comfortable, safer, carry's stuff, dont need loads of gear.

Luckily I have both depending on weather or how im feeling.
I'm due to do my test soon, but i've managed this long without a car, i dont have any journeys where i need the car, even in the snow i would rather cycle, as most of the time it is the same time or quicker or me.

But i can see the attraction for moving presents, going to wales, maybe transporting talya about.
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Boristhethird)
its only really the engine block, & exhaust that would melt it, any ware else should be fine.
i melted the strap of my tank bag on my exaust, now whenever i warm up the engine, i get that lovely melting rubber smell
Yea thats true I guess. Oh dear how did you manage to do that?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Yea thats true I guess. Oh dear how did you manage to do that?
it was hanging down the front, and melted the end off, it was too long anyway
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago
it was hanging down the front, and melted the end off, it was too long anyway
Haha thats fair enough I guess :p:

Is it bad I'm already thinking about my next bike?
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Haha thats fair enough I guess :p:

Is it bad I'm already thinking about my next bike?
Nope, it makes me feel better, given i'm thinking of number 3 and i've had this one a year and a half. :yep:
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
Nope, it makes me feel better, given i'm thinking of number 3 and i've had this one a year and a half. :yep:
:grin: Thats fine, especially when you've had yours 18 months. I am thinking almong the lines of a Fazer but I'm not too sure. Will have to pay for a test 1st.

What ones are you looking at?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ive been thinking about a new bike for a while now, mainly drawn to an SV, or on the off-chance that someone gives me enough money, XJ6 divvy F :drool:
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
:grin: Thats fine, especially when you've had yours 18 months. I am thinking almong the lines of a Fazer but I'm not too sure. Will have to pay for a test 1st.

What ones are you looking at?
Big fast and pointy looking ones, umm 675, cbr6, but has to be the new one, ummm i just fancy a new bike.

The sv does everything i need it to, and i wasnt gonna get another one for another 3 years, as this was meant to be a stop before the daytona, but i'm fancying something else.

Might see if i can play on my dads gsxf, just for a change.

My ex's fazer i couldnt reach the floor on sadly, as its a fun ride
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Big fast and pointy looking ones, umm 675, cbr6, but has to be the new one, ummm i just fancy a new bike.

The sv does everything i need it to, and i wasnt gonna get another one for another 3 years, as this was meant to be a stop before the daytona, but i'm fancying something else.

from what im told, the new XJs are like the fazers, but a lot lower, with all the weight low down, which is my dads main problem with his fz6.
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
from what im told, the new XJs are like the fazers, but a lot lower, with all the weight low down, which is my dads main problem with his fz6.
My friend (loosest sense of the term) got me to ride his as he couldnt, and the riding position was just wrong for me. I'm so exceptionally fussy due to my shoulders, they really hate being in hte wrong position and its not work getting stuck on codeine just so i can ride. He loves the bike however.

(moral of story is listen to the doctors when they tell you not to compete at kickboxing)

I also want a bike with faster acceleration as i still think the sv is sluggish compared to the bandit. (just to be difficult) so really i want a 600+ with 90+bhp. i think. I could change my mind
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My friend (loosest sense of the term) got me to ride his as he couldnt, and the riding position was just wrong for me. I'm so exceptionally fussy due to my shoulders, they really hate being in hte wrong position and its not work getting stuck on codeine just so i can ride. He loves the bike however.

(moral of story is listen to the doctors when they tell you not to compete at kickboxing)

I also want a bike with faster acceleration as i still think the sv is sluggish compared to the bandit. (just to be difficult) so really i want a 600+ with 90+bhp. i think. I could change my mind
i thought that it was because the bandit 4 is just a nude ( :giggle: ) gixxer 4, so has a high revving, toquey engine. have you looked at other 400cc sports bikes? like the cbr4, VFR4, fazer 4? or mabe its time for a litre sv:eek:
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago

Hehe thats fair enough. You seem to like the big pointy ones a lot. They do look awesome though.

You just get bored though don't you and want something new. I have decided I want a Harley eventually. But I doubt thats gonna happen. I just want a classic bike when I settle for short journeys to work and that. Would be awesome!

Are fazers really that big?
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago
Ok I really like the FZ6
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
have decided I want a Harley eventually. But I doubt thats gonna happen. I just want a classic bike when I settle for short journeys to work and that. Would be awesome!
nah, you want a triumph Bonneville or Scrambler! there awesome!

i thought so, when i sat on my dads, but thats form a little 125, it was clearly bulkyer then my brothers CB500.
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Hehe thats fair enough. You seem to like the big pointy ones a lot. They do look awesome though.

Well either that or i'm really really short (5ft 2) maybe 3 if im in my hiking boots
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago
nah, you want a triumph Bonneville or Scrambler! there awesome!
i thought so, when i sat on my dads, but thats form a little 125, it was clearly bulkyer then my brothers CB500.
Don't like Scramblers tbh. I'm not sure why though. I hope not. I am 5'7" so I might have some trouble on it. Oh well maybe my bf can ride it then. Hes 6ft.

The Bonneville looks nice in green :coma:
Well either that or i'm really really short (5ft 2) maybe 3 if im in my hiking boots
Are Fazers meant to be big boys bikes? They seem to look like that
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Don't like Scramblers tbh. I'm not sure why though. I hope not. I am 5'7" so I might have some trouble on it. Oh well maybe my bf can ride it then. Hes 6ft.

My ex was 6ft and he could ride it comfortable, both feet flat. The tank seemed wide, but its not enormous.

I wouldnt want a harley though, lack of cornering
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)

just realised were probably talking about different fazers. my dad has the newer model, wich i think is bulkyer, but i think bathwiggle is talking about the old ones, which im told have nicer engines.
the fazer is designed for people who want a sporty bike, but not as much as an r6, like the bandit to the GSX-R, or Hornet to the CBR. they all have the same engine as their super-sports sister, but slightly de-tuned to cope better with cites and new riders, while be more upright, for comfort.
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
just realised were probably talking about different fazers. my dad has the newer model, wich i think is bulkyer, but i think bathwiggle is talking about the old ones, which im told have nicer engines.
the fazer is designed for people who want a sporty bike, but not as much as an r6, like the bandit to the GSX-R, or Hornet to the CBR. they all have the same engine as their super-sports sister, but slightly de-tuned to cope better with cites and new riders, while be more upright, for comfort.
His is a 2009 one. technically a detuned r6 engine i think it was

I had a quick look but can;t find any pics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (58)
19.46%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
39.93%
Nope, not that interesting (121)
40.6%

Watched Threads