Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    while i have a single cylinder 125, its easy to push start, so no issues there, and that seems to be the only form of exercise that im getting
    You should go do more exercise! (says the girl whos total today is running after small cousins).

The bandit i could start in 4 steps, i can't start the sv at all by myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    You should go do more exercise! (says the girl whos total today is running after small cousins).

The bandit i could start in 4 steps, i can't start the sv at all by myself.
    ive got to start cycling again (like without an engine :eek: ), ready for london to brighton in june.

ReputationRep:
    ive got to start cycling again (like without an engine :eek: ), ready for london to brighton in june.

Same, i used to cycle a load but it seems so much effort when i have motorbikes....

On random note, took the bike out today, i was riding like such an old nanny though, kept thinking "I really don't want to drop the bike again first time out"....

Omg. i swear with the standard pipe it feels as if the bike has about 10hp not 33...

in my household we have an fz6, bandit 6, cb500, cx500, cb450dx, and me on my little sr125.
    mine is clearly the best though :yep:
    Thought i'd share what we have...
    WE have the yam fzr600, honda crf230(mine), BMW R80/7, Yam Dt125(mummy), BMWR1100Gs,BMWR100 gs pd classic, Fireblade, KTM 300 EXC, apprillia trials bike(dad)

A lot less than we used to have, I just sold 2 GPZ500s and my dad just sold an R1 and a KTM 640...

9 instead of 13...

We're gonna be running out of bikes in a minute, may have to buy some more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    I'm on an SV650, there pretty reliable, i find it sluggish compared to my 400 bandit, but i've not ridden a 600. Watch out on a bandit for rust and leaky forks.

If you want a reliable bike theres also suzuki gs500, yamaha xj6. Theres a fair number of bikes, i would suggest looking at 500/600 cc's with about 70bhp for restriction if you dont like the 400's
    Tnx for the tips. I'm on the lookout now.

Bandit 600s seem quite expensive for the year. On Fazers you seem to get newer bikes for the same money. But I would still love an unfaired bandit.

XJ6 is too expensive. Same with the Yamaha FZ6.

CB500 looks like a sensible choice.

Hmm, I'll keep on looking.

Also, what about the Kawasaki ER-5. I haven't heard much about them, but they seem very cheap online.

Peace x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj_945)
    Tnx for the tips. I'm on the lookout now.

Bandit 600s seem quite expensive for the year. On Fazers you seem to get newer bikes for the same money. But I would still love an unfaired bandit.

XJ6 is too expensive. Same with the Yamaha FZ6.

CB500 looks like a sensible choice.

Hmm, I'll keep on looking.

Also, what about the Kawasaki ER-5. I haven't heard much about them, but they seem very cheap online.

Peace x
    er-5-6's are good bikes, pretty easy to handle and are very narrow (parallel twin) fairly cheap for the year.

i'd say the fazer is the best bike, bang for buck. i sort of regret not getting one as the CBF was that bit more money for the year...

suzukis are cheap to begin with so will be cheaper used, im not a fan, build quality isnt there, and i just dont rate them, (having said that, im considering a gsxr 750 as my next bike :eek3: )

do a provisional insurance quote for each bike, that will inevitably make the decision for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyjoyce)

i'd say the fazer is the best bike, bang for buck.
    She does speak sense.:yep: :yep:

My bike cost me £1,000, look around and you'll find some cracking bargains...

Pics in sig.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry. I didn't notice this before I posted my thread but looking for a bike for around 3k and posted up suggestions here...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1249090

Would appreciate any suggestions .

Many thanks

Zinf.

I need to get a bicycle for when my bike breaks down really.

Hows everyone getting along?

ReputationRep:
    Alright everyone, what is your favourite brand of tyre?

Personally, I love Michelin Pilot Sporty's, they are unbelievably good tyres!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    Alright everyone, what is your favourite brand of tyre?

Personally, I love Michelin Pilot Sporty's, they are unbelievably good tyres!
    pilot road 2's for me, dual compound best of both worlds for ST type riding.

so much better than the D207's i had before, and the BT020's before that.

have ridden a cb1000r on supercorsas when i shouldn't have and they were amazing, never riden anything so sure footed, was so confidence inspiring.

post chicken strips i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I need to get a bicycle for when my bike breaks down really.

Hows everyone getting along?
    nah, you need a motorbike for when your bike breaks down :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Thought i'd share what we have...
    WE have the yam fzr600, honda crf230(mine), BMW R80/7, Yam Dt125(mummy), BMWR1100Gs,BMWR100 gs pd classic, Fireblade, KTM 300 EXC, apprillia trials bike(dad)
    well im not talking to you then! :mfing:

nah, you need a motorbike for when your bike breaks down :yep:
    True that. Its ok I'm selling before uni then saving that money to look for a new one while I am at uni. I'm waiting for my insurance to run out before I sell it.

ReputationRep:
    When i am uni(this september), i was thinking of not taking my motorbike for the first month or two until i'm "settled in"...One less thing to have to worry about/clean....

What do you lot reckon?

Turn up low key and just cycle a lot for the first months or....

... turn up by doing a rolling burnout past my accomadation with a big stoppie at the end?

ReputationRep:
    When i am uni(this september), i was thinking of not taking my motorbike for the first month or two until i'm "settled in"...One less thing to have to worry about/clean....

What do you lot reckon?

... turn up by doing a rolling burnout past my accomadation with a big stoppie at the end?:D
    is that even possibly, turning a burnout into a stoppie, can you go fast enough?
    but that sounds more fun though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    True that. Its ok I'm selling before uni then saving that money to look for a new one while I am at uni. I'm waiting for my insurance to run out before I sell it.
    are you planning on getting another 125, or doing your test and getting a 600?

are you planning on getting another 125, or doing your test and getting a 600?
    Another 125 for now, then in the summer if I have money I'll do the test and get a bigger bike, so that when I com[plete the degree I'm on an unrestricted licence. I wouldn;t be able to get a 600 on a student loan :sad: and going to struggle to do the test. I'd rather take it while my CBT is valid still though.

ReputationRep:

What do you lot reckon?

... turn up by doing a rolling burnout past my accomadation with a big stoppie at the end?
    freshers week = pissed up idiots wanting to sit, climb, ride, steal, push over blah blah. think its a sensible idea to wait a while before bringing it up!

(unless you can park it somewhere safe, out of sight of stupid students and stuff)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Another 125 for now, then in the summer if I have money I'll do the test and get a bigger bike, so that when I com[plete the degree I'm on an unrestricted licence. I wouldn;t be able to get a 600 on a student loan :sad: and going to struggle to do the test. I'd rather take it while my CBT is valid still though.
    yeh, that might make sense.:console:

ReputationRep:
    is that even possibly, turning a burnout into a stoppie, can you go fast enough?
    but that sounds more fun though.
    Probably not, could do burnout, into rolling burnout, into wheelie then into stoppie...

Would probably come out as burn the clutch to ****, then suddenly the bike flips when it suddenly decides to move, my nice bike trached and me looking an idiot...

(Original post by crazyjoyce)
    freshers week = pissed up idiots wanting to sit, climb, ride, steal, push over blah blah. think its a sensible idea to wait a while before bringing it up!

(unless you can park it somewhere safe, out of sight of stupid students and stuff)
    Good points, lol... They've said there is free motorbike parking at sussex uni, will just have to find out where it is...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.