The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MHorman
I tried, even asked mother(she reads all this horsey magazine stuff) and she didn't know...

I live very rural with MANY horses, i think we even have 3...

But still, if she takes a horse onto the road then it should be able to take the noise of a motorbike/other traffic, if not then it's her fault for taking an unsafe horse out.....

It doesn't matter that the kid was uninsured whatever... It's not his fault her house bucked and she fell off...

Well theres the questions of
- was she insured
-was she wearing protection
-why was the horse not safe with traffic
-another report suggested it was a private road, in which case neither should be there and the MIB shouldn't be involved
-plus most country roads are de-restricted where i ride, suggesting that even if he was going quickly, he'd have been below the limit, as its a 250cc if its ruled to her, it that saying we HAVE to slow down for horses, rather than the advice saying it is polite to.

Only reason i'm wondering is i was cycles (not biking) past a horse which was on the wrong side of the road which spooked, and the rider was threatening all sorts. I was just wondering what the law would view it as.

Some people have too much time on their hands
i've just hugely surprised myself with insurance quotes! that blade doesnt seem so far away now :biggrin:
hehe. I havent actually looked at what the daytona would cost me, just know i can afford it. I might go look.
Bathwiggle
hehe. I havent actually looked at what the daytona would cost me, just know i can afford it. I might go look.

im on the bike insurer right now, comparing bike with age etc. supposedly at 'work', getting paid to talk bikes and search the net, fun times
crazyjoyce
im on the bike insurer right now, comparing bike with age etc. supposedly at 'work', getting paid to talk bikes and search the net, fun times

I'm doing anything to avoid my presentation i'm meant to be writing for friday, except for tidying up given i have people coming over and currently they are sleeping outside.

At least you getting paid.
Reply 3686
Ah, so this is where the cool kids hang out. :biggrin:
acp11

Oh yes, all 3 girls lurk here :biggrin:
acp11

well, when you say cool...
:loony:
Reply 3689
Chilledice
well, when you say cool...
:loony:

Haha, I don't mind being loony if it means I get to ride a bike.:wink:

Just need some monies :frown:
acp11
Haha, I don't mind being loony if it means I get to ride a bike.:wink:

Just need some monies :frown:

What are you looking at buying!? Exciting choice, I know! :biggrin:
My fathers stealing my motorbike as apparently its more reliable than his and he wants to go to work on it. So i'm swapping for his GSXF til my exams are over.
Bathwiggle
My fathers stealing my motorbike as apparently its more reliable than his and he wants to go to work on it. So i'm swapping for his GSXF til my exams are over.

It sounds fair.. I'd love to swap with my dad for a few weeks (Triumph bonny/Fazer 1000 for a honda cg125??) My bus pass runs out soon and I can't wait, I get to have an excuse to ride some great roads to college every day :biggrin:
Reply 3693
Chilledice
What are you looking at buying!? Exciting choice, I know! :biggrin:

I think its between a sv650 and a hornet, leaning toward a hornet though.
Chilledice
It sounds fair.. I'd love to swap with my dad for a few weeks (Triumph bonny/Fazer 1000 for a honda cg125??) My bus pass runs out soon and I can't wait, I get to have an excuse to ride some great roads to college every day :biggrin:

The bike is really long and so harder to filter with. and has a higher seat and needs charging regularly if you want to ride it which means taking the battery out as i'm in a flat. I think he has no intention of me actually riding it. I did try fob him off on the bandit but apparently its too un-reliable (its also in his garage).

Plus i'm not meant to be riding until after my exams as otherwise i won't revise

acp11
I think its between a sv650 and a hornet, leaning toward a hornet though.

I love the hornet. it looks pretty. And its quick.
Bathwiggle
The bike is really long and so harder to filter with. and has a higher seat and needs charging regularly if you want to ride it which means taking the battery out as i'm in a flat. I think he has no intention of me actually riding it. I did try fob him off on the bandit but apparently its too un-reliable (its also in his garage).

Ok, maybe not that fair :p:

As long as you have transport when you need it, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that you can't be riding when you're meant to be revising.
Chilledice
Ok, maybe not that fair :p:

As long as you have transport when you need it, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that you can't be riding when you're meant to be revising.

I've been good today, i took my rockhopper out instead :biggrin: And still no work done.

His plan is i can;t go see him for 7 weeks, except when he drops it off so gets to play. I think he just wants to play on a bike rather than get nagged by my mother about how he needs to do x,y,z on his bike.

It's only four 3 hour exams....i'm sure i'll do it eventually
I have realised i need a new helmet and new bike trousers...

My old helmet is uncomfortable and doesn't fit properly:frown: Anyone know where i can get a cheap Arai?

My dad has found a good place for bike jeans with removable armour in plymouth but can't remember which bikeshop or what they were called so we're gonna have to drive the 80 mile + round trip to go have a look.

"Woo"
MHorman

My old helmet is uncomfortable and doesn't fit properly:frown: Anyone know where i can get a cheap Arai?

My dad has found a good place for bike jeans with removable armour in plymouth but can't remember which bikeshop or what they were called so we're gonna have to drive the 80 mile + round trip to go have a look.

"Woo"

cheap, and Arai in the same sentence? i though they started at around £300.
have you tried George Whites? just if you do get it from them, buy one that's still in a box, and not on display/for trying on.
MHorman

"Woo"

Hein Gericke are doing 20% off stuff over £200 or something. try a shoei if you havent already!

while you're in plymouth, do the torpoint road, you'll probs know it if local!

Latest

Trending

Trending