Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Bathwiggle)
    I'm alright, not meant to be riding it as i've been busy not revising. My fathers nicked my bike so i've got his which is far less reliable so im off bikes for a bit, and on here far more avoiding work
    Lol oh dear, thats not a good thing What bike is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Lol oh dear, thats not a good thing What bike is it?
    GSX600F newer than mine, but not ridden as often, and he doesn't tinker like i do

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heading to the NW200 this year? I've been the past 2 years. Last year was diabolical. Crashes all over the place! Year before saw the death of Robert Dunlop. Third time lucky? Hopefully the weather is good this year!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel27)
    Anyone heading to the NW200 this year? I've been the past 2 years. Last year was diabolical. Crashes all over the place! Year before saw the death of Robert Dunlop. Third time lucky? Hopefully the weather is good this year!!
    Nope, want to go but can't...

Look out for Phase One Endurance.
    They used to be endurance world champions 3 times and are now doing road racing, NW200 and the TT.
    Great team of machanics, even without me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Nope, want to go but can't...

Look out for Phase One Endurance.
    They used to be endurance world champions 3 times and are now doing road racing, NW200 and the TT.
    Great team of machanics, even without me...
    Will do mate.

You were a mechanic? Nice one! It's a bit of a dream of mine to ride up to the NW200. Don't know why, just see all the other riders with their bikes and would really like to join them!

ReputationRep:
    Will do mate.

You were a mechanic? Nice one! It's a bit of a dream of mine to ride up to the NW200. Don't know why, just see all the other riders with their bikes and would really like to join them!
    :yep: Volunteer based team up in Somerset, my dad used to help out a long time ago and he started taking me along to help out at the workshop and i got invited to a couple of races.

Only did a few races and broke down early on in the only 24 hours race i went to.

I worked as a random person cleaning bikes/doing dirty work the first time and then the next time i got "promoted" to Wheels man number 2..

Jobs invloved getting old wheels/tyres and getting neew tyres fitted and setting correct temperatures/pressures ans well as doing the checks for roundness and other safety checks.

Was heavy work but i good at the skill of rolling 2 race slicks, a front and back down a pitlane.Pointless i know but it looks cool...:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I was previously thinking of getting a newer (pointy) sv650, however if I can get/make an older one that looks as clean as this http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../IMG_3867a.jpg id be happy, especially as the older one is likely to cost less. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acp11)
    I was previously thinking of getting a newer (pointy) sv650, however if I can get/make an older one that looks as clean as this http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../IMG_3867a.jpg id be happy, especially as the older one is likely to cost less. :yep:
    lots keep popping up on autotrader, there was a really nice streetfigther'd one there the other day :tong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    lots keep popping up on autotrader, there was a really nice streetfigther'd one there the other day :tong:
    Cheers, I'll take a look(although I'm not quite ready to buy yet)

ReputationRep:
    Never buy a streetfighter'd bike. Only means its been crashed and someone has done a repair on the cheap. You dont buy a good bike and take bits off it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Never buy a streetfighter'd bike. Only means its been crashed and someone has done a repair on the cheap. You dont buy a good bike and take bits off it.
    yeah, didn't think of that, but is there an an acutaual problem with buying a bike thats been crashed and then fixed?

and your sig is just wrong ::vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acp11)
    My sv cost 1800 i think, but had 4000 miles on it, never been out in the wet when i got it last year. There are good ones about.

Just on the sv forum there is a couple of good ones

ReputationRep:
    yeah, didn't think of that, but is there an an acutaual problem with buying a bike thats been crashed and then fixed?
    Its been crashed. I wouldnt buy a bike knowing its been in a bump, no matter how good the fix was. If it hasnt been through insurance you dont know the extent of the damage, if the frame and swing arm are straight. At least if its a Cat D or whatever then its been looked at by an engineer and properly fixed. Someone streetfightering one is lazy and and open admission it was enough of a bump to write off the fairing and god knows what else on the front end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    :yep: Volunteer based team up in Somerset, my dad used to help out a long time ago and he started taking me along to help out at the workshop and i got invited to a couple of races.

Only did a few races and broke down early on in the only 24 hours race i went to.

I worked as a random person cleaning bikes/doing dirty work the first time and then the next time i got "promoted" to Wheels man number 2..

Jobs invloved getting old wheels/tyres and getting neew tyres fitted and setting correct temperatures/pressures ans well as doing the checks for roundness and other safety checks.

Was heavy work but i good at the skill of rolling 2 race slicks, a front and back down a pitlane.Pointless i know but it looks cool...:woo:
    Awesome! What stopped you continuing with it?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! What stopped you continuing with it?
    Work mainly, i work at weekends at Asda and can't get the time off to go up to the workshop...

They expect you up there most weekends to help to then let you go to a race but it's alright for adults that work during the week but i have college during the week and work during weekends....

And i need the paid job for uni so had to basically stop the motorbike mechanicing fun...

ReputationRep:
    My sv cost 1800 i think, but had 4000 miles on it, never been out in the wet when i got it last year. There are good ones about.

Just on the sv forum there is a couple of good ones
    That's a really good deal you got! Hopefully when my time comes I'll find one too, can't wait. :woo:

Just looking on svrider.com some of those bikes are :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acp11)
    That's a really good deal you got! Hopefully when my time comes I'll find one too, can't wait. :woo:

Just looking on svrider.com some of those bikes are :drool:
    theres one on the org for £2000 with loads of extras. But do remember the time needed to keep them looking pretty. (and sods law of me throwing mine down the road at 40mph 5 days after i got mine and ruining the fairing!)

And boris just because its been improved fixed doesn't mean it's been fixed correctly

ReputationRep:
    theres one on the org for £2000 with loads of extras. But do remember the time needed to keep them looking pretty. (and sods law of me throwing mine down the road at 40mph 5 days after i got mine and ruining the fairing!)

And boris just because its been improved fixed doesn't mean it's been fixed correctly
    Got a link? Yeah that's one of the reasons I prefer a naked bike, although belly pans on SV's look really cool. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acp11)
    Got a link? Yeah that's one of the reasons I prefer a naked bike, although belly pans on SV's look really cool. :cool:
    http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=150626

Also dizzy's selling hers on there too.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any opinions of the Kawasaki zx 250? I think that's going to be my first "proper" bike when I pass my test

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 24, 2010
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.