?
Report 8 years ago
I tried to treat myself to a ride today. Everywhere was full of queues
Chilledice
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The current topic of conversation makes me feel very new.. I haven't crashed yet :/

(Original post by Bathwiggle)
I tried to treat myself to a ride today. Everywhere was full of queues
Lane splitting.
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chilledice)
The current topic of conversation makes me feel very new.. I haven't crashed yet :/

Lane splitting.
It took me 2 years to crash. Don't worry, you'll get your turn

Not when theres no room to get through with lorries one side, narrow lanes, van's and weaving drivers. The sooner they stop doing the road works on the A12 the better.
Chilledice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It took me 2 years to crash. Don't worry, you'll get your turn

Not when theres no room to get through with lorries one side, narrow lanes, van's and weaving drivers. The sooner they stop doing the road works on the A12 the better.
I was only teasing with the lane-splitting thing.. You'd have done it if you could

Was your ride crap then?
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was only teasing with the lane-splitting thing.. You'd have done it if you could

Was your ride crap then?
no ride is crap, some are just not as fun!
Riderz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MHorman)
x
Which breakers did you use for your bike? I need some bits asap, and ebay isnt too helpful.

TIA
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Was your ride crap then?
It was definately boring and slow, which as i wanted to get to where i was going quickly... wasn't a plus. Plus i wanted a nice ride as it was my treat for doing my presentation before revising again.

My fathers bike is definately too long though
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Riderz)
Which breakers did you use for your bike? I need some bits asap, and ebay isnt too helpful.

TIA
these people email lots of different breakers, try them :yep:
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

TIA

Urm, my dad did a lot of it but the tank/front fairing he got from JB motorcycles in ilfracombe(North Devon), think they had more Fazer bits as well, not sure if they send stuff or what else they had...
Here's a phone number though...
01271 864657

All the other stuff was found on ebay, including the 3 back bits in 1 lot for a tenner, was scratched and wrong colour but a £10 spray-can of black paint and some wet and dry later and it looks awesome....

Hope that helps
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Any suggestions as to why my bike wheels are feeling slippery? Trye pressures alright, rear wheel is straight, my fathers ridden it a week but not changed anything, treads fine and the roads are dry, and given it was over a 30 mile journey i don't think it's oil/diesel
Riderz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Erm... no. You sure its not physological?
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Erm... no. You sure its not physological?
+1, its in the mind. warm the tyres up, find a corner you know well, take it slow to inspect for gravel, diesel etc then go round it like the clappers to make yourself reaslise everything is normal.

loosen up your grip on the bars, if you're holding on tight it always makes the bike feel crap.

oh and what tyres are people using, recently changed to pilot road 2ct's and they stick like ****
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did wonder that, but not sure why as i only rode my fathers once so it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm trying to find my spare pump just to check my pressure gage isn't wrong. I've just not had it before.

EDIT: well one of the pressure gauges is wrong. back wheel with one reads 33, the other 45

God knows what tyres i've got i'll have a look later when its stopped raining.

And josh i can't hold the bars tightly, it hurts my shoulders if i hold them too tightly.
Chilledice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bathwiggle is so hard, she holds her handlebars so loosely that her hands are by her sides.

True story
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did wonder that, but not sure why as i only rode my fathers once so it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm trying to find my spare pump just to check my pressure gage isn't wrong. I've just not had it before.

EDIT: well one of the pressure gauges is wrong. back wheel with one reads 33, the other 45

God knows what tyres i've got i'll have a look later when its stopped raining.

And josh i can't hold the bars tightly, it hurts my shoulders if i hold them too tightly.
you dont know you do it though, everyone does it... panics and hangs on for dear life. when you think somethings up with the handling you do it without realising. just one of those things
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by crazyjoyce)
you dont know you do it though, everyone does it... panics and hangs on for dear life. when you think somethings up with the handling you do it without realising. just one of those things
Arthritis in the shoulders, you really do realise, as first i get stabbing pains, then if its at the wrong angle i can dislocate them

Bathwiggle is so hard, she holds her handlebars so loosely that her hands are by her sides.
True story
An even truer one, my uncle could steer him bmw (bike) with no hands, just a hand infront of his face to direct the wind.
Chilledice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

An even truer one, my uncle could steer him bmw (bike) with no hands, just a hand infront of his face to direct the wind.
surely only downhill? Unless he lifted his right foot up and..:p:
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
surely only downhill? Unless he lifted his right foot up and..:p:
Knee to hold the trottle.

Nearly as bad as my grandpa steering with his feet apparently
Chilledice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Oh dear... Oh dear oh dear. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Today, I had one long van and one lorry pull out in front of me without seeing me. My dad says it's a psychological thing, because I'm small and they're big and so I can't hurt them, therefore they don't see me! What is everyone elses opinion.. Are you threatened by bigger vehicles disproportionately to cars?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

that kinda reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGfv2AeUss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads