TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread Watch

LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 8 years ago
Bike update: Yet another part has been order so they're waiting got that to come so they can fit it. I'm not hopeful at all that its the problem, I'm not gonna afford the costs anyway as I'm sure its going to exceed £200 with all the hours they've spent on it trying to find the problem.

I have half a mind to sell it to them for spares and they take out the labour and that, then try and get a loan or something to get a new bike.
Chilledice
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Bike update: Yet another part has been order so they're waiting got that to come so they can fit it. I'm not hopeful at all that its the problem, I'm not gonna afford the costs anyway as I'm sure its going to exceed £200 with all the hours they've spent on it trying to find the problem.

I have half a mind to sell it to them for spares and they take out the labour and that, then try and get a loan or something to get a new bike.
To quote bathwiggle: new bike newbike newbike bewmike mewrike rewrikepewiike!

Just noticed you're doing four of the same exams as me (C4, M1, and chem A2!)

Best of luck!
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chilledice)

Best of luck!
I'll say your both mad for that combination!
(and any one want to get me a new bike?)

(Original post by Loz17)

Have you rung the mechanics to talk to them about cost, or did you get quote from them before work?

I'm sorry your bikes so rubbish

(Original post by stuw)
Just bought a ybr-125 and some leathers / a helmet - should be delivered tomorrow

buying it new with free insurance was somehow cheaper than buying a 5 year old one and insurance separately...

Have lots of exams coming up so not sure how much I will be able to ride it over the next few weeks though
You would be suprsed how common that is! You may also find you get stung by insurance next year though so be careful and get lots of quotes. Well done on getting a bike. Enjoy when you get time

EDIT: Just a general question... would it occur to any of you to cut holes in your bike frames to
increasing horsepower, torque, topspeed more fuel effidency less mpg less pollution less vibration and better handling at high speed A Revolution on ZX-10R Designed and Made by Shervin Rezaiy ShervinRRR COME ON BABY
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago

Best of luck!
I've decided on a new bike, but its just saving for one. I can't save with my bike at all :no:

Chemistry new spec or old spec? Mines old spec :p: and best of luck to you too :grin:
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
I

Have you rung the mechanics to talk to them about cost, or did you get quote from them before work?

I'm sorry your bikes so rubbish
It ok its going soon, don't care where but its going! After exams preferably. I'm happy to not have a bike over summer if it means that I can save for a new one.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ok, it is hte mail.. but http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...late-HAND.html
Why not do what all the other bikers do?

Slow down from 100mph + to 40 for the speed camera then instantly accelerate up to 100+ again straight after?:p:
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Best of luck!
I concur, get a YBR125 or a CG125..

Classic Jap bikes = very reliable and no fuss or hassle and can be picked up very cheap as well....

(Original post by Loz17)
I've decided on a new bike, but its just saving for one. I can't save with my bike at all :no:

Chemistry new spec or old spec? Mines old spec :p: and best of luck to you too :grin:
I'm also doing C4 and Chem A2, doing new specs OCR so have a load of new stuff including fuel cells/Gibbs Free Energy to learn but it's very interesting...

Sell yours and get a loan from the bank of mum and dad and then pay them back after using the bike to work over the summer??

Could work, how i used to do things but atm i has more spare money than my parents...

Random motorbike thought, My headlights suck and was wondering whether to just buy brighter bulbs or go the whole way and put the full HID kit in?Anyone know the rough costs involved?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MHorman)
I concur, get a YBR125 or a CG125..
I'm also doing C4 and Chem A2, doing new specs OCR so have a load of new stuff including fuel cells/Gibbs Free Energy to learn but it's very interesting...
Ive got those next year (hopefully)
was meant to have them this year, but i loved year 12 so much i thought id do it twice :p:

Sell yours and get a loan from the bank of mum and dad and then pay them back after using the bike to work over the summer??

Could work, how i used to do things but atm i has more spare money than my parents...
thats what im doing for my bigger bike
Random motorbike thought, My headlights suck and was wondering whether to just buy brighter bulbs or go the whole way and put the full HID kit in?Anyone know the rough costs involved?
my brothers just went to halfords and bought some extra lights, and made a bracket out of spare metal.
this sort of thing
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165688
ill ask how good they where.
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
spoke to my brother, he says they where good, but don't survive a crash too well :p:
my other brother had diffrent ones from the same company, which where pants, although he is not too sure if it was his fitting skills or the lights that where pants.
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago

I know you're doing C4 coz you've quouted me on the thread :yep: OCR seems nicer than OCR salters tbh, I envy you

After exams, I am getting a refresher lesson, where I'll be taught to use gears, selling my bike then might get an old bike (02 ish) to see me through if I can find one. I'm the same as you though, I get more spare money than my parents even though it isn't much.
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Boristhethird)
Ive got those next year (hopefully)
was meant to have them this year, but i loved year 12 so much i thought id do it twice :p:
I liked Year 13 so much I also decided to do it again, and then take up an AS and work part time as well. Great fun :rolleyes:
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
I know you're doing C4 coz you've quouted me on the thread :yep: OCR seems nicer than OCR salters tbh, I envy you

After exams, I am getting a refresher lesson, where I'll be taught to use gears, selling my bike then might get an old bike (02 ish) to see me through if I can find one. I'm the same as you though, I get more spare money than my parents even though it isn't much.
Oh yea, i forgot i was stalking you round TSR.....

What's the diff between OCR and OCR Salters?
Our exam seems a killer, a load of new stuff from last year and a 150 mark exam in 1 hr 45 mins??:eek: :eek: :eek:

Also, the motorbike plan seems brilliant, if you want a motorbike use Bikemart on the mcn website, there are so many bikes there, it's crazy but it depends if you have a bike trailer or not because they can be moderately far away at times....

Also check all the local dealerships, can often find a bargain hidden away at the back of the showroom...
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Thoughts? (triumph rocket III)
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I swapped mine for Phillips x-treme bulbs which are definitely brighter than my shockingly bad ones before. which cost about £22.

No idea about HID kit.

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
It's a bike, not to my preference, i can tell you that you'll spend ages chrome polishing it to keep it in good nick. I do love the triumph sports bikes though
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why not do what all the other bikers do?

Slow down from 100mph + to 40 for the speed camera then instantly accelerate up to 100+ again straight after?:p:
Because his bike won't do 100mph obviously :rolleyes:
Chilledice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll say your both mad for that combination!
(and any one want to get me a new bike?)
If I pass my exams and one day become rich, I'll buy you a new bike, ok? (trying to gain positive karma, one of the last stages of realisation you're about to fail)

(Original post by Loz17)

What did you decide on in the end a CG125? If you can get one newer than '05 it'll have front disk brakes!

My headlights suck as well, full-beam isn't brighter at all, just wider and less focussed, I can see the side of the road, just not the centre! Well designed, Honda

What's the diff between OCR and OCR Salters?
Our exam seems a killer, a load of new stuff from last year and a 150 mark exam in 1 hr 45 mins??:eek: :eek: :eek:
OCR is mainly "pure" chemistry with (I've heard) little application
Salters is sponsored by the salters company and therefore has large amounts to do with chemistry in industry, in fact we have whole modules on chemical industry!

(Original post by Guy Secretan)

I don't think we've met, hi!

Triumph's are nice, I'll admit (there is a Bonneville parked next to my bike atm) but being a typical 18 year old boy, you can't keep me away from a sports bike!

What's your thoughts?

Thus, I have quoted most people in this thread
Well done, you.. Now get revising
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thus, I have quoted most people in this thread
i feel left out now :emo:
Chilledice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Boristhethird)
i feel left out now :emo:
Well, there is only one solution..
:lovehug:

All better?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

All better?
yeah thanks,

now i should probably stop looking at bikes and do some revison
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

All better?
Just wait till Riderz sees that he has been left out as well...

He'll be pissed...:mad:
Because his bike won't do 100mph obviously :rolleyes:
You are right.... I feel like a complete idiot...

I remember the days when i couldn;t do 100
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (1)
25%
Pro-humanity (3)
75%

Watched Threads