TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread Watch

Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chilledice)
Also, I've been riding for 3 weeks now, I've done 830 miles.. Riderz says he upgraded his 125 after 1000 miles!? I'm jealous, I want my ninja now D: How much did everyone else do before they upgraded?

I want to book my theory, I just need money first.. WHY DOESN'T MY CAR THEORY COUNT!?!

Speaking of money, I tried to put £10 into my bike today (of petrol :p: ) and couldn't fit it in, I felt a fair bit embarrassed buying £8.87 of unleaded!
I did over 1000 miles on my 50cc bike and then about the same on my 125cc before i got the 500 which lasted about 500 before i got the 600....

And with the theory tests i found it to be a lot easier the second time around, i'd seen half the hazard perception clips before so knew what was happening...

Try riding a Derbi GPR50R, tank was 9 litres MAX and most of the time it took about a fiver, would do about 100 miles per gallon though....

Fit 16/17 litres in the fazer
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bj_945)
Does anyone here wear full body armour, or do you just have back protectors? I'm gonna buy one of the two soon, but don't know which...

Are the ones that cover the chest too really bulky and uncomfortable?

Peace xx
I wear full body armour on my offroad bike...

Jacket with built in other body armour on elbows/shoulder for normal riding to work and back.

Back protector worn on longer trips though for safety....
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
November. I'm thinking of selling it to the garage who's trying to fix it now, so they can sell it on for parts, use that to buy a mountain bike and pay the £50 to cancel my insurance and then just use that over the summer and at uni.

I already work 20 hours a week, which goes on rent, petrol, insurance and mantanace of the bike (i.e. fixing it) The bike breaking so much has already cleared out my savings so I have absolutly no chance. By the time I've saved and found a bike I like I'll be off to uni.
why pay £50 to cancel the insurance? surly there is no problem with just leaving you insured on that bike?
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bj_945)
Does anyone here wear full body armour, or do you just have back protectors? I'm gonna buy one of the two soon, but don't know which...

Are the ones that cover the chest too really bulky and uncomfortable?

Peace xx
Me and my ex both have body armour, which was a suit with back, shoulder, chest, arm protection, i found it too bulky to wear so got a jacket with arm, shoulder and back protection. Far more comfy.

My trousers have built in hip and knee protection and the boots should help with my shins.

I find chest protectors uncomfortable as a girl... but thats probably as i'm a larger bra size so get squished. Best suggested back protector is forcefield level 2 at the moment i tihnk. Its not work getting the L4 one apparently.
LadySmythe
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Boristhethird)
why pay £50 to cancel the insurance? surly there is no problem with just leaving you insured on that bike?
Better to pay £50 to cancel then £150 to pay for a bike I don't even own anymore.
Kaph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Speaking of money, I tried to put £10 into my bike today (of petrol :p: ) and couldn't fit it in, I felt a fair bit embarrassed buying £8.87 of unleaded!
Aha, I filled up for £1.55 a couple of weeks back at Tesco. Felt like an absolute ****, but no questions were asked!

Oh 50cc and your tiny tank, it's a love/hate.
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kaph)
Aha, I filled up for £1.55 a couple of weeks back at Tesco. Felt like an absolute ****, but no questions were asked!

Oh 50cc and your tiny tank, it's a love/hate.
Nice one, i think my record on my 50 was about £3.50...

I do miss my 50 at times, it was a beast....
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think the least I've payed at a station was about $12
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
was running on fumes today, filled my 21 litre tank up with 20.8l and it was £25! i only got 150 miles out of that previous tank aswell going to be an expensive petrol summer, already burnt over £600 this year on bike fuel
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by crazyjoyce)
was running on fumes today, filled my 21 litre tank up with 20.8l and it was £25! i only got 150 miles out of that previous tank aswell going to be an expensive petrol summer, already burnt over £600 this year on bike fuel
i've started getting 170 out of a tank compared to 140, however it is getting expensive as i'm using a tank per a trip to billericay and back. And i'm going to southampton this weekend so more petrol.. BUT i get to see Talya
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thats crazy I usually got about 220miles out of my tank...
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Texan88)
Thats crazy I usually got about 220miles out of my tank...
Best i've got is 200, and compared to other people on the sv that seems quite good, i know my dad used to get 250 out of his gs. But i'm very heavy on the throttle when going round the A12. But petrols down to 115p at asda again :woo: - actually thats really depressing that i'm excited that its down from 120
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Still expensive as hell But it will be cheaper than bringing my Firehawk over...
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh it is, even last summer i remember going round hte uk and we thought 103 was expensive.. I want it to be back under 80p
Chilledice
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
heh, I fixed my rattling and whatnot, however I accidentally left the key in the ignition and drained the battery, Bump-starting tomorrow! YAAAY!

Anyone else ever push/bump started their bike?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
heh, I fixed my rattling and whatnot, however I accidentally left the key in the ignition and drained the battery, Bump-starting tomorrow! YAAAY!

yep! for the first few months that i had the bike :p:
my starter motor is not too reliable
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

yes, its not fun running alongside 190kg of cbf600 :p:. 125 should be easy though, 2nd or 3rd gear run/push down hill
AshDonson
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey all. I passed in November and my bike's in my sig if you care 95 GPZ500S, hoping to one day get a CBF600S. As you may be able to tell I absolutely love mid-sized half-faired bikes :P
crazyjoyce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AshDonson)
Hey all. I passed in November and my bike's in my sig if you care 95 GPZ500S, hoping to one day get a CBF600S. As you may be able to tell I absolutely love mid-sized half-faired bikes :P
cbf600s is a pile of poo, get a fazer or z750!
AshDonson
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by crazyjoyce)
cbf600s is a pile of poo, get a fazer or z750!
Don't like z750 but fazer is similar to CBF600S in looks so obviously I like it too, never rode either though so I couldn't comment on how they go.

My instructor had the Honda and I just thought it suited me perfectly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads