Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyjoyce)

the 675 is undoubtably an awesome bike, always wins the 600 group tests for its midrange power, but the screaming jap fours have that little bit extra at the top.

Not completely true the jap bikes may revv higher but the 675 makes more more more efficiently. It is also harmonically more in tune.

Look at how much more power the 675 has under the curve

The yami may make more hp up top but it has the least under the curve.

The torque comparison is completely different as well once again look at the under the curve comparison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    The torque comparison is completely different as well once again look at the under the curve comparison
    yeah, that little bit, sure the 675 has more useable power, but the IL4's generally have that little bit extra.

id have one if i wasnt massively tall, the cbr and zx 6 are small enough, the 675 felt even smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    swapping the dog bones in the sv didn;t make a noticeable difference, and i'd want it lowered by 2cm which is enough to give me a little more ground.
    if its that little, have you tried those daytona lady boots with the extra thick sole? just a thought

ReputationRep:
    yeah, that little bit, sure the 675 has more useable power, but the IL4's generally have that little bit extra.

id have one if i wasnt massively tall, the cbr and zx 6 are small enough, the 675 felt even smaller.
    I'm 6'3 I loved the feel of the 675, sure I could get a more bulky gsxr or other bike but I like the flickability of the 675. Sure it's not as comfortable and is a bit more to maintain but I love the sound and the position. BTW that little bit more is only usable for about 500-1k rpm the under the curve power is there for 11krpm :yep:

ReputationRep:
    if its that little, have you tried those daytona lady boots with the extra thick sole? just a thought
    Cant afford them really, i could confidently ride the daytona without lowering it, but it would be nice if i was stopped on a slope.

I'm 6'3 I loved the feel of the 675, sure I could get a more bulky gsxr or other bike but I like the flickability of the 675. Sure it's not as comfortable and is a bit more to maintain but I love the sound and the position. BTW that little bit more is only usable for about 500-1k rpm the under the curve power is there for 11krpm :yep:
    I would love to be 5ft 7 just for the height which would make a difference for any bike - josh no comments like last time... Plus the riding position is comfortable for my shoulders, which many bikes aren't

ReputationRep:
    Cant afford them really, i could confidently ride the daytona without lowering it, but it would be nice if i was stopped on a slope.

I would love to be 5ft 7 just for the height which would make a difference for any bike - josh no comments like last time... Plus the riding position is comfortable for my shoulders, which many bikes aren't
    i shall abstain from innuendo on this occasion, even though i'm stupidly bored working some god awful rock night at my s.u

ReputationRep:
    i shall abstain from innuendo on this occasion, even though i'm stupidly bored working some god awful rock night at my s.u
    You traumatised them last time :p:

I'd rahter be at n awful rock night than stuck at home getting depressed at how much revision i need to do for my exams...

It can't be as bad as the niche night essex uni did.

ReputationRep:
    You traumatised them last time :p:

I'd rahter be at n awful rock night than stuck at home getting depressed at how much revision i need to do for my exams...

It can't be as bad as the niche night essex uni did.
    i had that on monday and tuesday, 15 days till my next one!

its pretty shocking, hardly anyone here, bunch of fatties in pvc and those massive rocker boots. least im getting paid!

ReputationRep:
    i had that on monday and tuesday, 15 days till my next one!

its pretty shocking, hardly anyone here, bunch of fatties in pvc and those massive rocker boots. least im getting paid!
    Not a 6 ft bloke in a miniskirt, wig and platforms paying bad music though. Mind you i only went to act as gooseberry for a friend.

I got wednesday, friday and sunday then thats my degree (hopefully) finished

ReputationRep:
    awesome I got a couple years for my degree must be nice to be so close

ReputationRep:
    awesome I got a couple years for my degree must be nice to be so close
    I've had enough of learning now, although if i want to progress as a biomedical sceintist i also have to do a masters, but thats only if i want to be promoted.

I really enjoyed working last year even with some work for uni, a lot less stressful without the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Not a 6 ft bloke in a miniskirt, wig and platforms paying bad music though. Mind you i only went to act as gooseberry for a friend.

I got wednesday, friday and sunday then thats my degree (hopefully) finished
    nope, but ive just seen a 20+ stone woman in a pvc outfit that leaves nothing to the imagination. not pretty. plus the DJ, i use the term loosely, has the mic gain up so high every time he goes near it, it feedsback resulting in me jumping for the faders. idiot.

back to bikes, had another really good run up to willingham woods this morning with some old bloke i met in a carpark who was riding a BMW F800

ReputationRep:
    nope, but ive just seen a 20+ stone woman in a pvc outfit that leaves nothing to the imagination. not pretty. plus the DJ, i use the term loosely, has the mic gain up so high every time he goes near it, it feedsback resulting in me jumping for the faders. idiot.

back to bikes, had another really good run up to willingham woods this morning with some old bloke i met in a carpark who was riding a BMW F800
    NICE... i'm sure there should be rules on outfits like that. At uni other than the compulsary larger girls as playboy bunnies, its not normally too bad.

You don't fancy going to complain at him?

I'm counting down to getting to southampton, talyas coming back with me to either billericay or colchester, but i might send her ahead to my parents and work on getting lost before i rejoin the M25 just to add a couple more miles. Probably should ask her about it at somepoint. I really need to find more people round here to bike with

ReputationRep:
    NICE... i'm sure there should be rules on outfits like that. At uni other than the compulsary larger girls as playboy bunnies, its not normally too bad.

You don't fancy going to complain at him?

I'm counting down to getting to southampton, talyas coming back with me to either billericay or colchester, but i might send her ahead to my parents and work on getting lost before i rejoin the M25 just to add a couple more miles. Probably should ask her about it at somepoint. I really need to find more people round here to bike with
    i used to live in bishops stortford which isnt too far from colchester, home home is further west now though.

im bored of eating cookies and stalking people on fb, what else is there to do while 'working' with a laptop?!

ReputationRep:
    i used to live in bishops stortford which isnt too far from colchester, home home is further west now though.

im bored of eating cookies and stalking people on fb, what else is there to do while 'working' with a laptop?!
    London bikers?
    I'm winding my sister up on facebook just to see how long before she throws a paddy.
    I would say nosey at the sv forum but they are being boring too tongiht.

I keep thinking i could go to bed but my sofa is too comfy. I would kill for some cookies though, i only have apples and kiwi's in the house

ReputationRep:
    London bikers?
    I'm winding my sister up on facebook just to see how long before she throws a paddy.
    I would say nosey at the sv forum but they are being boring too tongiht.

I keep thinking i could go to bed but my sofa is too comfy. I would kill for some cookies though, i only have apples and kiwi's in the house
    i like how this thread has become our own little boredom chat.

the LB lot are pretty dull tbh, fb chat is ok except i cant hear the notifications as its so bloody loud in here, so people get bored of waiting for a response!

i have waffles and kettle crisps as sustenance until the early hours!

ReputationRep:
    i like how this thread has become our own little boredom chat.

the LB lot are pretty dull tbh, fb chat is ok except i cant hear the notifications as its so bloody loud in here, so people get bored of waiting for a response!

i have waffles and kettle crisps as sustenance until the early hours!
    Well givn i'm on here constantly at the moment as i'm always bored of revision.. we can blame me

And its a society so i'm sure we're allowed to go off topic occasionally.

I'm just watching road wars and the police have just broken in to a canabis factory which looks remarkably like my parents house when hte tennants made that into a factory.

Waffles i haven't had in ages. I might have to have pancakes in the morning... (Talya if your reading do yu want pancakes when your down as i'll get some toppings for you)

ReputationRep:
    You're saying this thread was ever on topic?

But to get it on topic a bit....

You have any advice for a yank riding in england?

ReputationRep:
    You're saying this thread was ever on topic?

But to get it on topic a bit....

You have any advice for a yank riding in england?
    ride on the right side of the road, learning how roundabouts work is simple enough, getting used to idiot drivers is always fun and never an exact science. the police wont pull a gun on you in a routine pull over.

other than that, have fun

ReputationRep:
    ride on the right side of the road, learning how roundabouts work is simple enough, getting used to idiot drivers is always fun and never an exact science. the police wont pull a gun on you in a routine pull over.

other than that, have fun
    Sounds easy enough (though I might have issues)

Done

Done (colorado's drivers SUCK!!!!)

Used to guns don't have an issue I'm a professional

I think the constant insaneness and rain is gonna be the problem for me. I'm not used to riding in heavy congestion

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.