The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

D3bug
Congrats on passing Mod 1? :biggrin:

tanks!
and i dont think i got any minors.

Mod 2 on Thursday :biggrin: :dance:
Kaph
Aye you can, just I'm not sure if you're allowed to drive in foreign countries. I'll find out :wink: Be neat if I could take the bike abroad next summer.

I think, that may be just your plan :wink:. But, I like it. What bike've you got?

Yeah I've heard about that. I think it's more of a problem when you crash,

Ahh I'll look into the bungs, and possibly add the SV onto my list then :wink: Thanks!

Oops, big post.

I has the might fazer pics are in my sig.... I think the rules are as long as you're legal to drive the vehicle in UK you can drive it in Europe..

My bro went abroad on his GPZ500 when he was 17....

And the police didn't check my bike when i crashed, they just asked my dad who told them it was restricted... I was only doing 40mph ish when i crashed so it's not big deal...

If i'd have been doing 90 their little brains might not have been able to work out the speed a 33bhp bike weighing 150kg can do with standard gearing still on it...(Answer = about 105/110)..

And crash bungs are very useful, they saved my engine in the crash, the fairing was still buggered but the engine would have been destroyed if i didn't have crash bungs....

And congrats to Boris on the Mod 1 pass:yep:
Reply 4642
MHorman
I has the might fazer pics are in my sig.... I think the rules are as long as you're legal to drive the vehicle in UK you can drive it in Europe..

My bro went abroad on his GPZ500 when he was 17....

And the police didn't check my bike when i crashed, they just asked my dad who told them it was restricted... I was only doing 40mph ish when i crashed so it's not big deal...

If i'd have been doing 90 their little brains might not have been able to work out the speed a 33bhp bike weighing 150kg can do with standard gearing still on it...(Answer = about 105/110)..

And crash bungs are very useful, they saved my engine in the crash, the fairing was still buggered but the engine would have been destroyed if i didn't have crash bungs....

And congrats to Boris on the Mod 1 pass:yep:

Sweet! It'd be nice to get on some good roads, which I hope they have in Europe. I'm liking your fazer, not sure I'm sold on the half-faired kind of style. S'like a bra, and that's it. Still, very clean :wink:

Ahhh I see. I guess if you crash well enough the bike'll be in no conditioned to be dyno'd anyway, heh.

Guess I need to do some googling, and go find a job.

Well done Boris! :woo:
thanks people!

Kaph
Sweet! It'd be nice to get on some good roads, which I hope they have in Europe. I'm liking your fazer, not sure I'm sold on the half-faired kind of style. S'like a bra, and that's it. Still, very clean :wink:

Ahhh I see. I guess if you crash well enough the bike'll be in no conditioned to be dyno'd anyway, heh.

Guess I need to do some googling, and go find a job.

Well done Boris! :woo:

i think you can ride/drive in Europe anything you have a full licence for in the UK.
so if you have a full (or restricted) bike licence in the uk, you can ride that in Europe, however you cant ride in Europe on a CBT.
Our licences *are* European, are they not? Hence why when you look in the top left corner you have the blue square with stars in it?

THERFORE! Should it not be legal in all EU states?
Boristhethird
tanks!
and i dont think i got any minors.

Mod 2 on Thursday :biggrin: :dance:

Great work! M.1 is on monday for me! I hope I get can get a fairly soon M2!

BEST OF LUCK!
Reply 4646
Well done Boris. Mod 2's the easy part.

Quick technical question for anyone who has a restricted old style Fazer (FZS600). How does it handle being restricted? And is it cheap to get it done? Friend of mine is looking at getting one but needs it restricted.
Reply 4647
If it rains tomorrow Imma totally kill something! Can't wait even MORE than last week xD
Booked module 2 today, for Tuesday the 22nd, so if all goes to plan I should be on my ninja by this time next week!

D3bug
If it rains tomorrow Imma totally kill something! Can't wait even MORE than last week xD

Go out in the rain, be dangerous! :p: no, I dont encourage that really.. I hope it stays dry for you!
Reply 4649
Chilledice
Booked module 2 today, for Tuesday the 22nd, so if all goes to plan I should be on my ninja by this time next week!

Good luck! Wish I had the money for a ninja, they look sexy! :woo:

Chilledice
Go out in the rain, be dangerous! :p: no, I dont encourage that really.. I hope it stays dry for you!

My fingers are crossed, nothing on weather forecast but sun for 2 more days :yep:
Been bikeless for almost 8 weeks now, this is getting ******* ridiculous :mad2:
Loz17
Been bikeless for almost 8 weeks now, this is getting ******* ridiculous :mad2:

awwww bugger :jumphug:
any idea of how much longer?

Chilledice

good luck!

D3bug

Good luck! Wish I had the money for a ninja, they look sexy! :woo:

the hyosung beats the ninja on looks :drool:
Reply 4652
Boristhethird
the hyosung beats the ninja on looks :drool:

Nu-uh! :p:
D3bug
Nu-uh! :p:

the ninja 250 looks to fat, whereas the hyosung looks like a cross between a ducati 999, a gsx-r, and a CBR.
anyway, however much i want one, i cant afford either of them :frown:

and mod 2 day today :unsure:
Boristhethird
the ninja 250 looks to fat, whereas the hyosung looks like a cross between a ducati 999, a gsx-r, and a CBR.
anyway, however much i want one, i cant afford either of them :frown:

and mod 2 day today :unsure:

The thing you're forgetting is the hyosung will fall apart after~50 miles...:biggrin:

And Good luck on the Mod 2,

Me and others from round here(Loz + more) have chem today, lovely 1 hr 45 min paper that will determine the rest of my life....Followed by C4 tomorrow as well... I cannot wait...

Then everything done by tomorrow evening time:biggrin:
MHorman
The thing you're forgetting is the hyosung will fall apart after~50 miles...:biggrin:

And Good luck on the Mod 2,

Me and others from round here(Loz + more) have chem today, lovely 1 hr 45 min paper that will determine the rest of my life....Followed by C4 tomorrow as well... I cannot wait...

Then everything done by tomorrow evening time:biggrin:

yeah, but it would look good while it is falling apart :p:

thanks, and good luck for you exams
Woo! chemistry!!
I Passed!!! :d
Wooooooo!
:woo::woo:
Reply 4658
Well done. Now you can start learning to ride!
Reply 4659
Boristhethird
I Passed!!! :d
Wooooooo!
:woo::woo:

Congrats! :yep:

While everyone's on about exams I've got Mechanics 2/Statistics 2 exams that don't matter to me at all tomorrow and next Tuesday, and Physics unit 5 on the 29th, which matters a LOT :woo:
Why do they always make the last exam the most important? :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending