The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Riderz, grats,what did you study?
After about 10 attempts i got my offroad bike bumpstarted today...
(not started in 6 months and no kick start = effort)

Spent about an hour playing around on it, in the sand school and around our woods..

I wanted to get my brother to come out and take some pictures but he didn't want to because he's not allowed to ride atm because he double-fractured his skull so can't do anything...

Will get some pictures of offroading in the next couple of days.:biggrin:

All in all, good day, never took the road bike out in the end though....
Reply 4682
MHorman
After about 10 attempts i got my offroad bike bumpstarted today...
(not started in 6 months and no kick start = effort)

Spent about an hour playing around on it, in the sand school and around our woods..

I wanted to get my brother to come out and take some pictures but he didn't want to because he's not allowed to ride atm because he double-fractured his skull so can't do anything...

Will get some pictures of offroading in the next couple of days.:biggrin:

All in all, good day, never took the road bike out in the end though....

Nice! What's the legalities with off-roading? There's one green lane I know of close to me, but aside from that I have no idea. There's a quarry that people take bikes up to in the local woods but the road is gated for horses and people, you're not allowed bikes and the police seem to be clued up with it.
Kaph
Nice! What's the legalities with off-roading? There's one green lane I know of close to me, but aside from that I have no idea. There's a quarry that people take bikes up to in the local woods but the road is gated for horses and people, you're not allowed bikes and the police seem to be clued up with it.

Well, you get road legal offroad bikes that can go on green lanes and such...

Then you get proper offroad bikes that aren't allowed on road but can be used anywhere offroad where you ahve the landowners permission...

My offroad bike is road legal so i can ride down to Dartmoor and round those paths on it but i'd rahter ride it round our woods etc.

The people riding in the local woods are probably being illegal, i'm not sure though..... Depends on what the routes are classified as...
Mod.1 tomorrow, up at 6am!

anyone watch any mordeth13 vids? They make me laugh! :biggrin:
Reply 4685
Chilledice

Good luck!

as for M13, I've watched a few of his vids, most of the ones I've seen are entertaining :yep:
I've seen BlinkyCab's vlogs too, although he's not done one for a while!
Chilledice

good luck! you should be sail through it :p:

ive watched some of m13 videos, can be entertaining
this ones is good (esp from 2:10)
CBT, done
Theory test, done
Module 1, done
Module 2.. TOMORROW! :biggrin:
Reply 4688
Chilledice
CBT, done
Theory test, done
Module 1, done

Good luck! Then on teh ninja?
YARR! :ninja:

Thanks for the well-wishes :smile: if I pass I'll post pics of the bike :smile:

My instructor seems to think he's a wise old man, I had two great comments from him today:

-Remember Simon, don't go fast, but go quickly
-Have you got crash bungs on the new bike? I know you're going to need them

Maybe it was the fact we went a bit too close to stonehenge at the wrong time of the year :p:
Good luck Chilledice :h:

Just had a phoncall from the bike place, MY BIKE'S READY!! :woo:

So I'm off to pick my pain in the ass up :awesome: and pray I have enough petrol to get her to a petrol station, then might have a little ride.
Loz17

So I'm off to pick my pain in the ass up :awesome: and pray I have enough petrol to get her to a petrol station, then might have a little ride.

May I be the first to say; ABOUT DAMN TIME!
:top: :lol: :gthumb: :teehee: :ahee: :dancing: :beer: :dancing2: :party: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yeah: :yeah: :macarena:
Chilledice
CBT, done
Theory test, done
Module 1, done

woooooooo! thats the hard part done!

Loz17

wooooo!
Although I get it home and go back out on it, then as soon as I come home again it refuses to start, even if I try to kick start it.
Loz17
Although I get it home and go back out on it, then as soon as I come home again it refuses to start, even if I try to kick start it.

how are the fuses?
Chilledice
how are the fuses?

I have no idea. I'm not too good with fixing bikes. I can do the basics like checking oils etc but apart from that I can't do anything.

I know its not the spark plug, that was changed not long ago. I'm scared the starting motor has burnt out or something like that.

The garage are gonna pop in after they finish to have sa quick look to see if its something simple. I've got my mini tools they can use.
Reply 4696
Chilledice

yep lol, he's pretty funny.

did you watch the one where he's talking about the girl he made cry?
Battery's dead, thats the problem.
bj_945
yep lol, he's pretty funny.

did you watch the one where he's talking about the girl he made cry?

The one he threw into the bush!?

"Not so safe now, eh!?"..."well.. I laughed"
Reply 4699
Chilledice
The one he threw into the bush!?

"Not so safe now, eh!?"..."well.. I laughed"

lol i dont think so.
this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WwKui1y1U

Latest