TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread Watch

.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
I actually know both of those, and 100% agree!
CBR has recently changed as your well aware with the exhaust now being brought underneath the seat rather than to the side of the bike. Its also had a colour change to red from yellow.
Yeh, that newish design of the Exhust under the seat is a really nice feature. Not sure how comfortable or uncomfortable it is for the rider, when it heats up alot, but im sure its not that bad, otherwise they wouldn't have designed it

The yellow looked really nice.

(Original post by *Radioactive Phoenix*)
Hayabusas anre amazing
Damn right, fast, and i think at one point, they were the fastest production road bike. Weither they are now i don't know. But i doubt it, faster road bikes are always being designed

I like the look of them odl stylee gold wings, massive, but easy to move around, and not that heavy.

One day ill get on a ncie bike, until then, i can only dream
Pseudomuse
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by A.ndrew)
Yeh, that newish design of the Exhust under the seat is a really nice feature. Not sure how comfortable or uncomfortable it is for the rider, when it heats up alot, but im sure its not that bad, otherwise they wouldn't have designed it

The yellow looked really nice.

Damn right, fast, and i think at one point, they were the fastest production road bike. Weither they are now i don't know. But i doubt it, faster road bikes are always being designed

I like the look of them odl stylee gold wings, massive, but easy to move around, and not that heavy.

One day ill get on a ncie bike, until then, i can only dream
The exaust is probrbly insulated do that the rider doesn't feel it.

I'm not a fan of gold wings personaly, i thinl there too big. i do like honder deuvilles though, there more my size touring bike!
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *Radioactive Phoenix*)
The exaust is probrbly insulated do that the rider doesn't feel it.

I'm not a fan of gold wings personaly, i thinl there too big. i do like honder deuvilles though, there more my size touring bike!
Yeh, they were a fair few inches away from seat, and had a fairly good heat sheild, which didn't rattle.. :eek: unlike most of them.

Damn i miss working with bikes, learnt alot from the mechanic, on how to take off the wheels and change a chain..

Goldwings are ok to look at, quite a spectacular thing, they weren't that popular when we had 1 or 2 in the shop, had its own fm radio and cd, and its own CB radio, to interact with others in your 'clan'
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Damn i miss working with bikes, learnt alot from the mechanic, on how to take off the wheels and change a chain..
Bikes are so easy to work on you can learn a shedload of mechanics so quickly and easily with them even with no experience (although a helping hand from my Haynes manual is essential), ahem. :p:

So what sort of work were you doing at this shop, just selling stuff to poor unsuspecting bikers huh? :cool:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by black_mamba)
Bikes are so easy to work on you can learn a shedload of mechanics so quickly and easily with them even with no experience (although a helping hand from my Haynes manual is essential), ahem. :p:

So what sort of work were you doing at this shop, just selling stuff to poor unsuspecting bikers huh? :cool:
True, but them Haynes manuals get on my nerves... :mad:

They are quite easy to work on, the taking off the wheels are easier then i though :eek: and the chain as well. Stripping the suspension was a challenge though, at the best of times. Changing typres was pretty straight forward, as we had the tyre machine thing.

Kind of work: Helping out the mechanic sometimes, working the shop where they had clothing, and the bikes, yeh, basically selling poor unsuspecting bikers stuff they don't need but will buy. For example, a mini 'non tearable' and 'water proof maps' - they sold like hot cakes. Also stuff like exploding valve caps, and all that crap. The Riders were so friendly though, always offered to take me and the others on the back of their bikes on a sunday morning and go to the Sussex Meets, which was a nice thing.

I would go back to it now, if i could, it was the best years of my life
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For example, a mini 'non tearable' and 'water proof maps' - they sold like hot cakes. Also stuff like exploding valve caps, and all that crap. The Riders were so friendly though, always offered to take me and the others on the back of their bikes on a sunday morning and go to the Sussex Meets, which was a nice thing.
Bikers (in general!!) are an amazingly friendly bunch. Those non tearable maps are quite useful actually, but what is an exploding valve cap? :confused:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Bikers (in general!!) are an amazingly friendly bunch. Those non tearable maps are quite useful actually, but what is an exploding valve cap? :confused:
Yeh, apparently they were quite a helpful little thing to have on a bike ride. Most friendly people ive ever met, and also met a few of the apparent 'hells angels', they seemed cool, but im not sure if they were pulling my leg or not...

Exploding valve cap, was a stupid little cap, that was put on by a spanner or machine, and could only be taken off by spanner or the air tools. Apparently if someone was to tamper with the valve caps, they would explode in their hands, but i think they were more of a novelty item more then anything. I think they were from the company 'Motrax' or something like that.

Not sure if they actually worked, but they sold pretty well. And of course all the security stuff, and 'Magic Water' stuff, which was a very good thing to have. That stuff came as Standard on a Honda 'Hiss' i think it was called:

Honda Intelligent Security Systems or something.

black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Naaa what you need is OUBSS - Old Ugly Bike Security System. Get a Honda so old and grubby that no one can even be bothered to nick it. That is precisely what I did. And it works, its sat outside all winter and spring with no disc lock no nothing lock, and its still there.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Naaa what you need is OUBSS - Old Ugly Bike Security System. Get a Honda so old and grubby that no one can even be bothered to nick it. That is precisely what I did. And it works, its sat outside all winter and spring with no disc lock no nothing lock, and its still there.
Sound good, i don't think we sold them, Sounds like they do the buisness though, how much are they? Because i remember the Smart Water being a bit steep.

We sold some stupid bike lock up points that you cement to the floor, and they were vertually un-breakable. But one unlucky rider bought one, and was stupid enough to lock his bike up when the cement was still setting, so was an easy job for the theif, chuck it in the back of the van, and away they go, poor ******* :rofl:

All winter and not a single attempt of a nick, pretty damn good
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But one unlucky rider bought one, and was stupid enough to lock his bike up when the cement was still setting, so was an easy job for the theif, chuck it in the back of the van, and away they go, poor ******* :rofl:
Unlucky? More like incompetant. :rofl:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Unlucky? More like incompetant. :rofl:
:rofl:

Must have been, he was 99p short of a Pound, a bit crazy to say the least.

Was quite a nice bike too from what i can remember, insurance of course laughed at him.
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The worst types of steals I've heard of is a gang of scooter riders coming upto bikers at traffic lights and literally grabbing their keys from the bike and p*ssing off with 'em. Don't know what I'd do if that happened to me, perhaps crush their wrists with the handlebars, but boy you've got to be thinking quickly to evade something like that - it must come as quite a shock. :eek:

This is why I have a healthy distaste for most scooter riders. That and the fact most of them can't ride properly. :rolleyes:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The worst types of steals I've heard of is a gang of scooter riders coming upto bikers at traffic lights and literally grabbing their keys from the bike and p*ssing off with 'em. Don't know what I'd do if that happened to me, perhaps crush their wrists with the handlebars, but boy you've got to be thinking quickly to evade something like that - it must come as quite a shock. :eek:

This is why I have a healthy distaste for most scooter riders. That and the fact most of them can't ride properly. :rolleyes:
Damn, that sucks. You'd be pretty screwed, in the road, and the sterring lock come on.

You can get some cord things that attach themselves to you or the bike, so it someone did try to nick the keys in transit or at a set of lights, it would ping back to you or the bike, might scratch the paint work, but better then sitting in the road stuck for hours on end..

Yes, i absoultey hate Scooter riders, always wanting to race when im about in my car, can safely say i whip their arses, until a roundabout when they cut it. Dangerous little ****s. There is no need for them bean cans, they are crap. :hmmm:

I find them kids that wear full leathers on a 50cc hilarious, thinking they are the man... :rofl:
Pseudomuse
Rep:
?
scooter riders are compleat tossers, especially the ones that ride around in packs. and they are usually chavs.

i also see them wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and i really want them to fall off so i can say 'that'll teach you for being so stupid'
jr2007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Interestingly, my license says i can ride a proper bike even though i have never been on one let alone take the test!
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some kid bought a Scooter from us, and the weekend after he bought it, he fell off it, he wasn't wearing a shirt, and him and his mate were quite scarred up :rofl:

Tryed to sue the shop i worked at, but the police and insurance and everyone laughed at him. The Tit.. Served him right
jr2007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *Electronic Phoenix*)
scooter riders are compleat tossers, especially the ones that ride around in packs. and they are usually chavs.

i also see them wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and i really want them to fall off so i can say 'that'll teach you for being so stupid'
Almost true. I like the vespas they're classy and you can pull so easily with em! The squeeling peugeots and the like are horrendously annoying but old school is still cool.

Always wear a helmet - be safe not sorry
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *Electronic Phoenix*)
Scooter Hells Angels huh? *snigger* They poor guys, they have nothing better to do and at least it brings them some pleasure, just as long as they don't try to race me or cause me problems on the road. :rolleyes:

I find them kids that wear full leathers on a 50cc hilarious, thinking they are the man... :rofl:
Hehehehe it's quite cute though, they honestly think they are 'bikers'. :eek:

But what about those 50cc race replicas? *vom* I can't stand 'em myself, but they seem pretty popular. :rolleyes:
Pseudomuse
Rep:
?
Some kid bought a Scooter from us, and the weekend after he bought it, he fell off it, he wasn't wearing a shirt, and him and his mate were quite scarred up :rofl:

Tryed to sue the shop i worked at, but the police and insurance and everyone laughed at him. The Tit.. Served him right
bloody good job
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Popular, maybe but always having the piss ripped out of them

50cc Aprillia reps, :rofl: sound abd look pathetic with the tiny little pea exhust and 30mph Limit...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed