.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Phoenix Dioxide)
In sussex?:eek:
Hell yeh, the A27 from Chi - Pompey, id nail it down there

There are a few meeting places in sussex on sundays, and a Tuesday 'Lunch' meet at a place near Fontwell, serious stuff.

Nice little quiet roads, long straight roads :cool:

Also take a trip into Hampshire etc...
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So when I eventually get my car driving license...what should be my next step(s) if I want to get a motorbike...?
Cool Cat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pete.S)
That's pretty decent

I need minimum AAB Or it's a goodbye!
Yeah

Aw, I'm sure you will get what you need
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
So when I eventually get my car driving license...what should be my next step(s) if I want to get a motorbike...?
Depends how old you are when you pass your driving test. And weither you want to get some experience on a Smaller bike 50cc - 125cc for a while, would be a good idea. Then when you are 21 or over, then apply for the DAS lessons and test.

And if you want to get a bike, get professional help with a first bike, a real bike 500cc and up. As main dealers can be a massive help.
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I at the moment...if I had a license and money...would love to get a Yahama R6 or a Honda CBR600 or CBR1000 (saw the last two at the motor show...got a photo of me on it...and boy are they sexy!)...
OoooO lets have a look then.

Ah wind in your face? :rofl: More like flies in your mouth and wasps in your helmet!
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by black_mamba)

Ah wind in your face? :rofl: More like flies in your mouth and wasps in your helmet!
Thats ok, the wasps will splat against the helmet

Better not fly in my face when i am on the road...
Pseudomuse
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
if your over 21, take your direct access course. if not wait untill your 21 or do the normal bike test, and be subject to a 2 year restriction like me!
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if your over 21, take your direct access course. if not wait untill your 21 or do the normal bike test, and be subject to a 2 year restriction like me!

No restriction for me

:p:
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

No license required...
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why the restriction...?
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cuz they don't want 17 year olds going out and buying 1000cc motorcycles which do 0-60mph in 2.5secs and 0-120mph in 5 seconds Pretty reasonable I think.

They're changing the law soon too, so that you have to be 24 before doing DAS.
im_smartypants
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
At 17 you can do the restricted test and be subjected to 33bhp limit (yes the police check certificates lol), and you need to show L Plates too I think??
At 21 you can do the DAS and jump on any bike you like.
Both licenses enable you to ride on motorways and carry pillion passengers.

If you pass your restricted test and then turn 21 before the 2 years are up, you can do a top up course for about £100-200 which will give you the DAS license. Its more expensive and not really worth it in my opinion though, especially with the good range of 33bhp bikes out there nowadays
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)

No license required...
This is my current bike

You can enjoy 2 wheels in more ways than one
Pseudomuse
Rep:
?
(Original post by im_smartypants)
At 17 you can do the restricted test and be subjected to 33bhp limit (yes the police check certificates lol), and you need to show L Plates too I think??

If you pass your restricted test and then turn 21 before the 2 years are up, you can do a top up course for about £100-200 which will give you the DAS license. Its more expensive and not really worth it in my opinion though, especially with the good range of 33bhp bikes out there nowadays
you dont need L-plates when your restricted to 33bhp, because you've already passed your test, you have a full uk bike licence, so your no longer a learner
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by im_smartypants)

Depends how old you are, I'll be 20 when I take my A(restricted) test and therefore will be restricted to 33bhp even at 21, so I might as well just take DAS and be able to take the chains of my baby
Pseudomuse
Rep:
?
wow this thread has really come to life
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by x.narb.x)
This is my current bike

You can enjoy 2 wheels in more ways than one
whats that one like? I was tempted to buy a full racer rather than a single speed before, but didn't really like the geometry of the trek frame...but I generally love specialized bikes...
Pseudomuse
Rep:
?
(Original post by x.narb.x)
Depends how old you are, I'll be 20 when I take my A(restricted) test and therefore will be restricted to 33bhp even at 21, so I might as well just take DAS and be able to take the chains of my baby
however for somebody like me, i'll be 21 in june 2007, my restriction ends in october so there is no point in me taking the DAS, for a matter of 4 months
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
whats that one like? I was tempted to buy a full racer rather than a single speed before, but didn't really like the geometry of the trek frame...but I generally love specialized bikes...
Awesome bike, the geometry is pretty similar if you look at the 2 pics, that trek is a brilliant entry level bike because for the price (£500) the components you get are far better than anything specialized will give you for the same money.
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
however for somebody like me, i'll be 21 in june 2007, my restriction ends in october so there is no point in me taking the DAS, for a matter of 4 months
Yeh of course, understandable

What bike do you have?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (172)
18.59%
No (560)
60.54%
Not really bothered about them (193)
20.86%

Watched Threads