TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread Watch

Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd rather clean it then try to replace it, ive already had 3 nicked, and if it fell apart due to me i wouldt be able to get it on insurance. My push bike was the only thing that i had to take to uni

Martial arts is fun My parents forced me to start at ten, then i just kept going, but not so keen on hte club at uni, and my home club shut down last year which was a shame. But im not scary, im only a 5ft 2 girl :p: i cant be dangerous.
Nick.Killick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can't be dangerous!? That's what I would've thought about my ex girlfriend who's barely taller than you, and she used to think it was a good lark to rugby tackle me at random :O Although I guess it was rather funny...

Bloody women :P

At 5ft 2... surely you must struggle a bit with your SV? Perhaps you should be riding a smaller bike?
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
She sounds fun

But then i wouldnt be able to play damsel in distress when i dropped it and make men pick it up for me, and then get a free drink out of it.

Silly man on friday when i went to get lunch from ASDA kept telling me it was too dangerous for girls to ride bikes, and that i should be able to put both feet on the floor. I pointed out that you shouldnt be riding with both feet on the floor, you'd scuff your feet. He didnt like that answer
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha! Brilliant, sorta moment you wish you could see - bet his face was a picture
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, its not my fault, he was the one who was being silly.

One day men wont be suprised that im female when i get off the bike :d
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I agree with ya, don't worry! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold your breath - barely any girls on bikes really in comparison to guys and it doesn't look like it's changing too fast.
I've tried getting loads of people I know to get a bike, or at least to come on the back of mine and see how much fun it is but so many people just do the 'it's too dangerous' thing - especially the girlies :P

Pah! They don't know what they're missing
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ive got 3 of my friends on bikes, plus half my cousins now want one but their not old enough, and my brother is looking to do his test in march at 17, and possibly a lad shorter than me at uni wants to go for a spin some time, but im waiting til some decent weather for that, and 2 of the people are girls, but its convincing them that its not expensive.

I was always at a disadvantage, i was one of those girls who would walk up to the biker and ask about the bike, my friends had more interest in the blokes on the bikes. Although my 2 female friends here can indentify CBR and ninjas by sound, due to the amount of times ive pointed them out, and can tell hornets and the 2 local ducatis by sight, which is an improvement. But they wont go on the back.

They're not dangerous if your sensible, there are just too many idiots on the roads who arnt and they give the rest of the people a bad name. Thats my excuse anyway.
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen a female biker in person!
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, the biggest problem we have is the other idiots on the roads. Which 9 times out of 10 you can guess if someone's going to do something stupid. Unfortunately there's always that 1 time waiting to catch you out but as long as people gear up properly then it's just as safe as being in a car believing you're completely invincible.

None of my mates, even the guys, are bothered about cars or bikes. It doesn't stop me rambling on though. Some of em are kind enough to ask what a bike was or summat if one ever goes past. Bless them. I'll have at least one of them converted by summer - but at uni nobody really has money to suddenly decide they want a bike. Shame.
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well you got me and talya here.. we cant be that rare. Plus i was taught by a female biker.
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen a female biker in person!
Cor! Hello Jaw :P
I've only ever *met* a female biker once - and that was AGES when I went out for breakfast with my dad on the back of his bike. Was loads of people there but only the one woman
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friends weren't i just dont really stop talking about them when i see them, and they are used to me stopping conversations to try and locate the bike... but they love me still.

Most of the people i talk to can manage the £2000 to get started, so long as they dont want the best of everything, but its cheaper here than in surrey to live, ive definatly noticed this.
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Face it Miss Wiggle - you're a rare breed
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
£2000? Shouldn't even cost that really just to get started - cheapish helmet, cheap gear just properly armoured (off ebay for some of it) and voila you can spend however much for the CBT (was £80 for me) and then £320 for my crash course and test...
Although I suppose then you've got to get a bike and insurance etc...
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I might agree to it... OOO i know another, 3 aunts, my gran once ran over a police mans foot and never got on a bike again, so i dont know if she counts, and my martial arts instructors wife was one too. So thats ummm, 7 i know of including me, but outside the family, 3 , so you might be right.... i suppose.... i blame all you men!! less of you would mean there were more of us

Oh and a woman at work used to apparently, but i have no proof of that...
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nick.Killick)
£2000? Shouldn't even cost that really just to get started - cheapish helmet, cheap gear just properly armoured (off ebay for some of it) and voila you can spend however much for the CBT (was £80 for me) and then £320 for my crash course and test...
Although I suppose then you've got to get a bike and insurance etc...
ummm £500 for the test at home intensive, lisence, bike was £700, £150 for gear, and insurance was umm £340 i think or maybe £400 i cant rememeber
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm... Well my mom used to go on the back of my dads bike about 20 years ago... so I doubt she counts. My step mom point blank refuses to go on my dads bike even after about 12 years. Although he says he thinks he may be close to getting her to agree to it - he's hopeful for the summer... I'm sure he said that last year, bless him
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
ummm £500 for the test at home intensive, lisence, bike was £700, £150 for gear, and insurance was umm £340 i think or maybe £400 i cant rememeber
Ooh well you've put me in my place haven't ya

£500 for your intensive course? Unlucky that :eek: Although I did do mine up in Shropshire where things are a bit cheaper. Although I didn't really do an 'intensive course'. I just did my CBT then went and had 4 refresher sorta lessons to make sure I was at test standard n stuff
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah ours was expensive, it was the 5 days CBT included, and bike hire, and i just lived motorbikes for a week, and also played on my dads after i got home.

The intesive course way my 18th b'day present as im too much of a cheap skate to spend that much. i'd have probably done it slowly if no one had paid

My mother goes on my dads bike if i havent got her leather jacket in essex, and her gloves..
Nick.Killick
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just saved up by working solidly and not going out much. Although if it was CBT aswell it's not too bad...
How many hours on the bike were you doing on each of your 5 days?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads