Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Motorbike Society Official Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well I only came off at around 30mph, but was thrown right off the bike. Happened so fast I'm not entirely sure what happened in between I just ended up on my back on the pavement. My left butt-cheek killed for a day or two and I had an ache in my back where I'd hit the floor I think but the pain took a few hours to even appear. So much adrenaline that you don't feel it for hours.
    I was wearing proper armour though so that really did save me a lot of pain. The scratches on the armoured leather patches attest to that.
    I guess I was just lucky, but as long as you're wearing half decent gear you're gonna be mostly okay... hopefully
    A friend of mine got hit ages ago when only wearing jeans. He won't go near a motorbike anymore, got some horrid scars on his legs.

And wiring up the cam should be easy... it's just affording it which is the problem

ReputationRep:
    any student loan left or spare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    that measn you've got the spare helmet ready/?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ukAhlxl4hmM my kind friend thought of me having seen this...
    I LOVE that video! My dad knows the fella who put it together, he does a load of things like that. The bit about Kawasaki's though... harsh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    any student loan left or spare?
    Well I work a fair bit aswell to feed my petrol addiction... so I can spare £150 for the cam... maybe £200 if it's really worth it. Not sure yet. Got to buy a new helmet and shiz first though, apparently it can take months before the insurance company pays out for my 'uninsured losses' which includes the helmet, gloves and such like which got damaged. When that comes through it should be about £450 dropped in my pocket

ReputationRep:
    yeah thts the only bit i thought was unfair..

ReputationRep:
    Thats alright then, whos your insurance company? as some are better than others at getting the money out.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is Adrian Flux - but it's the 3rd party insurer which has to pay up. Think the idiots insurance is direct line so... Got my legal assistance thing doing the work for me though, I just send invoices saying how much it all costs and I just have to wait for them to fight the legal stuff or whatever they do?

ReputationRep:
    cos when bf got hit he was under bennets, and it took 2 months following the crash for them to get hte money off the women, but my dad waited 8 months for e-bike o sort it when he was got by another woman.... im seeing a theme here...

as apparently your insurance are meant to chase it up and some are better than others...

ReputationRep:
    My insurance is only third party, so after reporting it they basically said well if it's not your fault then we'll assign you your legal assistance company, and then they'll nag his insurance for your money. Thankyou good-day.
    Would never get insurance without legal cover now, glad mine had it cos some you pay extra - not much but still.
    Anyway I'm headed off to get some shut eye, got work in the morning *sigh* T'rah!

ReputationRep:
    much like car insurance though I'd bet it depends on the third party also, and circumstances of the crash etc.. the other insurers wont want to pay out so delay things as much as possible wherever possible

ReputationRep:
    fingers crossed its not too long.
    i probably shold sleep too...

ReputationRep:
    Whats up everyone, Gsxr600 from the US here :boing:

ReputationRep:
    Ruddy snow, just had to ride from work in it. The roads are buried under it, and there's so much that I couldn't see a thing. Had loads of it somehow compacted into a large block on top of my helmet aswell.
    Most stressful ride of my life and I'm glad it's over! :|

ReputationRep:
    At least your home safe, thats why i didnt go out today, i didnt want the risk. I dont want to cycle tomorrow, its gonna be a cold 6 miles.

I saw a blue ninja in town today 2007, and have decided once again thats the bike i want... guess i'll be upgrading in 5 years time, just gonna have to work on the leg issue.

In RIDE magazine theres a feature about buying them and problems. And their build a bike project is rebuilding a ninja too :P:

ReputationRep:
    Would you all say it's a really bad idea to ride in whatever snow there will be tommorow? I'll be going through a small town and then on an A-road in rush hour for about 10 miles, so it's not too bad, but I've never ridden on snow before.

I could get my mum to drive me to school, but it would involve getting there stupidly early and her getting in a really bad mood...

ReputationRep:
    Honestly mate... I wouldn't bother. Leave the bike at home. I ride in any and all weathers usually but even I won't be taking the bike out tomorrow. Just the very short journey through town on roads you'd think would be gritted and snow free were fast turning white. I had to travel at or below 20mph and even then it was slippy.
    Chances are you'd end up regretting it, and if it's snowing on the way you probably won't be able to see anything anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* Looks like I'm in for a lecture then.

Means less cleaning though eh?

ReputationRep:
    Well a lecture is better than damaging you or your bike really. Even if it's not that icy or snowy in the morning, it's meant to be staying like this a few days so by the evening it may not be such a good idea.

And true, less cleaning - there's your silver lining I suppose

ReputationRep:
    I've gotta drive 5 hours in the stuff and I'm not even looking forward to that - I wouldnt be riding even if I could :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Bike go vrooom!!

From a few pages back: when doing the intensive course I couldn't move my hands and my back killed me at the end of every day

Was awesome though.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.