The Student Room Group

Manchester Met Adult Nursing interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by tasnim123
Thank you! And don't worry about it I thought the same and was surprised by the offer. The woman told me we have 1 week till we hear back from them so fingers crossed you will be fine. Hope it goes well for you hun! All the best x

I was stumbling all over my words and all sorts in the interview and barely even wrote half a page for the written part. I just went blank and nerves overcame me. I'm really upset at myself cos Manchester met would be my first choice and I messed up! I'm just hoping they see through my nerves and see my passion and give me a chance!! Thanks Hun xx
Reply 61
No I was the same hun! Plus I couldn't even answer one of the questions she asked so I just said I don't know and they moved on to another question! And the essay for me was the hardest I wrote about 6 lines and was confident it wasn't even worth scoring I knew the value inside out but nothing would come to my head. Aww don't worry about it babe keep positive, I hope so too! Where else have u applied for xx
Reply 62
Hi guys had my interview yesterday which I thought didn't go so good!

But just received an email offering me a conditional place!!! I am over the moon.

Thanks to everyone who helped me and answered my question guys!!

Good luck to anyone else who had an interview too. XXX

I had my interview on Thursday in the morning session and got an email last night offering me a conditional place also!! Congrats on yours! How do you think the writing task went?! X
Reply 63
Original post by Jennie789
I had my interview on Thursday in the morning session and got an email last night offering me a conditional place also!! Congrats on yours! How do you think the writing task went?! X

Aww congrats glad to hear it! And the writting task for me was the worst! I was wondering whether we get to find out what mark we get on it? How do u think it went? Where else have you applied? X
Reply 64
Original post by Ocean_air
Have been following this thread as I too also had an interview yesterday and thought I did horrendous. Haven't heard anything yet so not looking good :frown: well done tasnim and Katy!!!

Thank you!! I didn't hear for 1 month don't worry x
Reply 65
Original post by Katyclark
Thank you!! I didn't hear for 1 month don't worry x

Did you get a conditional offer? And if so what are the conditions if you don't mind me asking? x
Reply 66
Did you get a conditional offer? And if so what are the conditions if you don't mind me asking? x

Yeah I did, BB in health and social care double award and C in philosophy and ethics xx
Reply 67
Original post by Katyclark
Yeah I did, BB in health and social care double award and C in philosophy and ethics xx

Oh okay sounds good same as me but I need my C in psychology x
Reply 68
Oh okay sounds good same as me but I need my C in psychology x

I'm firming ljmu x
https://www.facebook.com/MMUNursing14

For everyone going to MMU in Sept 14 :smile:
Reply 70
Aww congrats glad to hear it! And the writting task for me was the worst! I was wondering whether we get to find out what mark we get on it? How do u think it went? Where else have you applied? X

Yeah the writing task I was really nervous about also!!!! I was far to pre-occupied with messing that up I actually wasn't worrying about the interview till they called my name!! I'm not sure because he said you could request feedback?! Think we could even if we got in?! Haha! I applied for Manchester Uni but got a straight rejection! Interviews at Sheffield hallam and Uclan then waiting on leeds! What about you? X
Reply 71
Original post by Jennie789
Yeah the writing task I was really nervous about also!!!! I was far to pre-occupied with messing that up I actually wasn't worrying about the interview till they called my name!! I'm not sure because he said you could request feedback?! Think we could even if we got in?! Haha! I applied for Manchester Uni but got a straight rejection! Interviews at Sheffield hallam and Uclan then waiting on leeds! What about you? X

Haha I know what you mean! The interview went so quick though! My interview I thought went bad because I couldn't answer one of the questions and i was so sure i flopped the writing task too so I was so surprised to have been given an offer. And haha I hope so id like to know what I got and why so I know how to improve in advance of other interviews. And oooh sounds good I've got an interview for Manchester and sheffield hallam too. I've applied for Salford too but not heard back from them. Good luck with your other interviews hun x
Reply 72
Hi everyone, I have an interview for adult nursing at Man Met on Tuesday and I am SO nervous! I've found reading through thing on here really helpful but just wondering a few things, will I discuss the written part in the interview and on my information email it says it will be about core values of health care in the U.K. but will it be more specific on the day?Thank you! X
Reply 73
Does anybody think it might be worth ringing up to see about your application? Interview was 6 weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by Chloe-Wilsss
No I mean, you google them now to practice haha! No not the princicples, just the values.

You'll sit at reception, then get called through, where they check your ID. Then you'll go straight into the room, where there will be one of the values on the board, then you will have 15 mins to write. Neil will then come in and welcome you, presentation, DVD etc. Where you will wait to be called in for your individual interview. Then you can go home, and wait for your offer :smile: (hopefully!) x

Thanks for your response to that.

Anybody else still waiting for a result? Neil advised us of the process; if we were suitable for an offer, if interview was 'outstanding' then we probably would hear by the Friday (this was on a Tuesday) and the same goes for a rejection.
A fellow student was unfortunately rejected later that day but I am still waiting...

Neil also mentioned if our interview was average then we would wait on his desk... but until when? Until all interviews are finished? (Separate the wheat from the chaff, I suppose!)

So, there's my question...
What is the longest anyone has waited and, is anyone else still waiting to hear?

RyMcG
Reply 75
Original post by RyMc
Thanks for your response to that.

Anybody else still waiting for a result? Neil advised us of the process; if we were suitable for an offer, if interview was 'outstanding' then we probably would hear by the Friday (this was on a Tuesday) and the same goes for a rejection.
A fellow student was unfortunately rejected later that day but I am still waiting...

Neil also mentioned if our interview was average then we would wait on his desk... but until when? Until all interviews are finished? (Separate the wheat from the chaff, I suppose!)

So, there's my question...
What is the longest anyone has waited and, is anyone else still waiting to hear?

RyMcG

Hey - I've been thinking about this too. My interview was on 10th December and I'm sure he said ours was the 2nd day out of 15 days altogether where they interview, and all of those days have 2 sessions. So I've been waiting a while and there's not many people waited before then. Wonder when the last interviews are?
Reply 76
Original post by K58
Hi everyone, I have an interview for adult nursing at Man Met on Tuesday and I am SO nervous! I've found reading through thing on here really helpful but just wondering a few things, will I discuss the written part in the interview and on my information email it says it will be about core values of health care in the U.K. but will it be more specific on the day?Thank you! X

Hi hun. You don't discuss the written work, Neil just collects it in and has a read through it and gives it a score which is taken into consideration when deciding whether you will receive an offer. On the day they will you give you a question about 1 of the core values but they clearly state which core value they want you to write about, for example when I had my interview they asked a question about respect and dignity. Feel free to ask any questions hun as you've probably read I asked loads and with the great responses from others it really made me less nervous.
Good luck x
I set up a Facebook page as thought it would be nice to meet the people we will be studying with in September!

https://www.facebook.com/MMUNursing14

Please like, if you have any upcoming interviews, received and waiting for offers and to those who just want to have a nosey! Thanks :biggrin: x
Reply 79
Original post by K58

Hi, You do not have to read your written piece of work out in your interview no! It says it on the sheet which you will be given at the start but don't panic about that! I did! You will be given an example of one of the code of nursing so make sure you have read through them! Also in your interview if you make sure you think about your 6 C's and just be polite and make sure you listen to the question careful! If they like you they will give you an offer! Best of Luck! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending