The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

IMPERIAL OFFER HOLDERS (for 2014 entry)

Hi everyone! Just received an offer a week after my interview to study Msci chemistry at Imperial (A*AA) I am so excited! The past week was so awful, as I didn't know how long I would have to wait to hear back from them, but I am pleased that they replied so quickly! I know that it is still early in the admissions cycle as it is only November, but when people get offers from Imperial, then maybe we could use this thread to chat to each other :smile: (not just chemistry, but all other courses too)
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good idea. You've got your offer pretty quickly. Haven't even had an interview yet, myself.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Hi! I've received an offer to study chemistry as well:smile:
Whoop! Materials Science here... oh, you've never heard of it either....
Hey, congrats to both of you! :smile: especially my new chemistry buddy, although material science is cool too, anybody doing a science degree is awesome, that's one of the things I love about Imperial, that it is so science focused so I'll be around lots of people just like me who appreciate the importance and wonderfulness of science!
Is Imperial your first choice, or are you "Oxbridging"? Coz the majority of people I met at my interview said they were also applying to either Oxford or Cambridge.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hiya, I've an offer for MEng Chemical Engineering (A*A*AA) :h:
Reply 6
I have an offer for Computing (Bsc). Had an interview on the 6th and offer came on the 15th. Offer was A*(Maths) A (Physics) A (Computing), A in AS further maths and Grade 2 in STEP I
Reply 7
Original post by gingerberry
Hey, congrats to both of you! :smile: especially my new chemistry buddy, although material science is cool too, anybody doing a science degree is awesome, that's one of the things I love about Imperial, that it is so science focussed so I'll be around lots of people just like me who appreciate the importance and wonderfulness of science!
Is Imperial your first choice, or are you "Oxbridging"? Coz the majority of people I met at my interview said they were also applying to either Oxford or Cambridge, but Imperial is my first choice which is why I was so excited to hear back from them first! On Thursday I have an interview at Bristol which will be my insurance choice.

I am applying to cambridge, but til now i havent yet received anything from them, i hate the torture of waiting their reply. But anyway, having an offer from imperial make me feel really excited:smile:
And i am an international applicant so i have never been to imperial. So are the environment and the accomodation nice?
Reply 8
Well done everyone! I got an offer for MSci Geology today, A*AAA! Very excited as probably my top choice (above Oxford if they do actually give me an interview)!
Reply 9
Original post by ceden
I have an offer for Computing (Bsc). Had an interview on the 6th and offer came on the 15th. Offer was A*(Maths) A (Physics) A (Computing), A in AS further maths and Grade 2 in STEP I

were you already taking step or are they telling you that you have to take it? I'm applying for the same course and also have only AS further maths, I really don't want to have to take step :frown:
Reply 10
Congratulations on the offers! I've got my interview tomorrow and was just wondering if it was anything to worry about or is it fine?
Cheers
Reply 11
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Hiya, I've an offer for MEng Chemical Engineering (A*A*AA) :h:

When did u hand in ur application?
Reply 12
Original post by Monotypical
were you already taking step or are they telling you that you have to take it? I'm applying for the same course and also have only AS further maths, I really don't want to have to take step :frown:

Im in the same position, I didn't particularly want to take it but they made it as part of my offer, which is apparently common when you don't have the full A level math. They also offer a Merit in AEA maths or Step, so that could be a better alternative. I've been advised to take both, to better my chances :smile:
Reply 13
I got my offer 2 weeks ago for biology :smile: AAA, Imperial is my top choice so I can't wait to go there :biggrin: going to be amazing! Just need to hear replies from two offer universities (don't care if they reject) just so I can put Imperial down as my firm choice :biggrin: So yeh, if any wants to talk, especially if doing biology but I welcome any subject, i'm here :smile: Well done everyone who got an offer :biggrin:
Original post by ceden
Im in the same position, I didn't particularly want to take it but they made it as part of my offer, which is apparently common when you don't have the full A level math. They also offer a Merit in AEA maths or Step, so that could be a better alternative. I've been advised to take both, to better my chances :smile:

okay, so to clarify, if I have A level maths and AS level further maths I should be alright without having to take STEP or AEA maths?
Reply 15
Original post by Monotypical
okay, so to clarify, if I have A level maths and AS level further maths I should be alright without having to take STEP or AEA maths?

Possibly, it's not a written rule it's just what I've heard from different people :smile:
Original post by ceden
Possibly, it's not a written rule it's just what I've heard from different people :smile:

okay thanks :smile:
hello :smile: received an offer at Imperial for Biochemistry! (AAA) :smile:
Reply 18
Received an offer for Chemistry! Imperial's my top choice after Oxford.
Have any international applicants for Chemical Engineering received an offer or an interview date yet?