Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, ive already done my a-levels (AVCE full award) at college last year and got a BC. Went to uni in sept but it didnt work out-the course wasnt for me and neither was the uni so i left just before christmas. I vowed never again to go to uni until now after bein in a crap job for 2 months and realising i need a degree to get somewhere in this world.

Basically i was wondering if it was still possible to apply for university(2006 entry). I know the ucas deadline is today so does that mean i have left it too late and if so, any application will go into clearing or does it mean i can still apply today (in other words- does the 30th june ucas deadline mean that entries have to be in by that date or is the last day you can apply?).

Also what the hell do i do to apply?! Do i need any forms or can i do it online? I was hoping to go to Cardiff but ive probably left it to late as per usual. If anyone can help me then i would be very grateful. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I have good news for you:- No, it's not too late to apply for university! : )

Now the UCAS deadline of 30 June only applies if you intend to go through the normal application process, i.e. apply for 6 courses and wait for decisions on them before selecting your CF/CI (or in your case UF).

If you apply after this deadline, you will go straight into UCAS Clearing. What this means is that UCAS will send you a Clearing Passport (previously known as a Clearing Entry Form, just slightly different) which you need to use to apply to universities. From the middle of August (results day) until late September, the list of courses with vacancies available in Clearing will be published on the UCAS website and in The Independent, The Independent on Sunday, The Scotsman, and Scotsman on Sunday.

Check the lists for courses that interest you and then contact the university or college to ask if it will accept you. If the university is interested, they will ask you to give them your Clearing Passport. NOTE that you only have ONE passport, and the moment you give it to a university, you're effectively accepting their offer.

ReputationRep:
    Right ok, hanks for your help Knogle. Im just filling in my ucas application online now lol and its 4.30am in the morning. Does anyone knows what time the deadline ends today?!? because i get back from work at 6.30pm and was wondering if i could fill out the rest tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamone)
    Right ok, hanks for your help Knogle. Im just filling in my ucas application online now lol and its 4.30am in the morning. Does anyone knows what time the deadline ends today?!? because i get back from work at 6.30pm and was wondering if i could fill out the rest tonight.
    Make sure it's submitted before 2359h tonight, preferably ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Okey dokey i dunno what to put for my reference as theres no way i can get my former college tutor to write me one in the next few hours. More importantly Im choosing my courses now on the ucas website and im looking under all the courses under Cardiff university and alot of them have an X marked by the subject which according to the key means 'available as a UCAS Extra choice' but the business degrees im thinking of doing dont have an x by them. Do you think this means that all the places are taken up and i should choose something else, preferbly with an 'X' by it?

ReputationRep:
    Okey dokey i dunno what to put for my reference as theres no way i can get my former college tutor to write me one in the next few hours. More importantly Im choosing my courses now on the ucas website and im looking under all the courses under Cardiff university and alot of them have an X marked by the subject which according to the key means 'available as a UCAS Extra choice' but the business degrees im thinking of doing dont have an x by them. Do you think this means that all the places are taken up and i should choose something else, preferbly with an 'X' by it?
    You need to submit your application with a reference. This just means that you can't apply through the regular process -- you have to go straight through UCAS Clearing.

If a course doesn't have an X next to it, it isn't available in UCAS Extra. You can call the university to confirm this just in case the record is outdated. You should pick courses with Xs next to them.

ReputationRep:
    Dam i thought so, i dunno what the hell im gonna do now with the reference thing. I mean i cant lie and chances are if i email my tutor then he'll take a few days to reply because he's half soaked-but then again i can talk because thats why im in this situation in the first place :rolleyes: Ive got his name, phone number and address down though. Any ideas on what i should do Knogle?

ReputationRep:
    Dam i thought so, i dunno what the hell im gonna do now with the reference thing. I mean i cant lie and chances are if i email my tutor then he'll take a few days to reply because he's half soaked-but then again i can talk because thats why im in this situation in the first place :rolleyes: Ive got his name, phone number and address down though. Any ideas on what i should do Knogle?
    Like I said, forget about applying through this regular process. Get a good reference done (you don't want a mucked up reference that's going to result in you being turned down by every uni anyway), and apply via UCAS Clearing. It's really not that bad -- plenty of people go through Clearing each year.

Go into the college and ask him to write you one there and then.

ReputationRep:
    Well ive emailed him and hes actually replied sayin yeah he will write me one but i need to go into college to collect it. However im about to go to work and i finish at 6.30 plus ive just moved house so i leave 30 miles away from my college. Ive emailed him back sayin this and have asked him to send it through email so now im waiting for a reply.

ReputationRep:
    Not to stress you out more... but you NEED to fill in your student finance stuff as soon as you finish with UCAS. Good luck! Let us know if you end up getting a place.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.