Abstain
    37.50%

ReputationRep:
    Resolution Concerning Usage of the :rolleyes: Emoticon

Committee: Security Council
    Submitted by: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

The General Assembly of The United Nations,

Deeply disturbed by the constant usage of the :rolleyes: emoticon,

Noting with regret that the excessive usage of this emoticon is creating an unwelcoming and undesirable atmosphere in the MUN,

Further noting that the employment of the emoticon is creating cynical b**tards (),

1. Condemns the usage of the :rolleyes: emoticon in any discussion or debate of a resolution;

2. Demands that the :rolleyes: emoticon be outlawed in the MUN, with the exception of the official MUN off-topic thread;

3. Expresses its hope that representatives will learn to construct more cogent arguments and be able to represent the views of their respective countries without having to resort to unpleasant emoticons;

4. Encourages the usage of emoticons which create a vibrant and positive atmosphere, like one from the banana range (:banana:/:evilb:/:bban:/;banana2, :gthumb:, and :p:. (clause removed after discussion amongst UNGA members)

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I've wanted to do one of these for a while now. Don't say that the UK never did its part in promoting global peace and prosperity.

ReputationRep:
    This resolution has my full backing.

ReputationRep:
    And mine.

ReputationRep:
    As a cynical b**tard myself I condemn this resolution and the UK for creating it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wee, I knew that was coming. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Wee, I knew that was coming. :p:
    Well someone had to do it. :banana:

ReputationRep:
    Germany is glad that the UK mustered its courage to tackle this persistent and deeply worrying problem.

ReputationRep:
    France fully intends to veto this resolution.

Tsk, typical UK :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    This resolution perplexes Switzerland, whilst we condone dancing bananas, at same time we don't condemn rolly eyes, it is the very essence of sarcasm rebuttle.

ReputationRep:
    *condemn

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, the use of ANY emoticons could be seen as a long way out of character. That alone should preclude their use except in the OT thread.

ReputationRep:
    moo, you *******s, how can you do this?:rolleyes: that emoticon is the best way to flame without actually flaming:hmpf:

Venezuela vehemently opposes this motion :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    To be fair, the use of ANY emoticons could be seen as a long way out of character. That alone should preclude their use except in the OT thread.
    Well in a bid not to maintain a relaxed atmosphere (you know us -- we do overstep our boundaries too darn frequently), i've chosen not to rid them completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ulv!)
    *condemn
    Switzerland will get it right one day, we are just saddened because we got kicked out of the World Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Israel agrees with the resolution apart from part 4. It is hypocritcal to suggest that representatives should find ways of portraying our arguments without unpleasant smileys and to then encourage other smileys just because they are "positive."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Israel agrees with the resolution apart from part 4. It is hypocritcal to suggest that representatives should find ways of portraying our arguments without unpleasant smileys and to then encourage other smileys just because they are "positive."
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    What so hypocritical about communicating using words without having to resort to emoticons?

The encouraging part is meant to be a tongue in cheek. Don't do it if you don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    What so hypocritical about communicating using words without having to resort to emoticons?

The encouraging part is meant to be a tongue in cheek. Don't do it if you don't want to.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    moo, you *******s, how can you do this?:rolleyes: that emoticon is the best way to flame without actually flaming:hmpf:

Venezuela vehemently opposes this motion :rolleyes:
    Make up your mind, who are you?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.