The Student Room Group

Advice needed please

Hey, so had a really rough three years at uni already and I'm stuck with what to do. For various reasons I had to resit my second year - the end of which is now, however for the same stupid re-occurring reasons I'm failing this year. ouch I hear the tuts already. So that's the second year resit, failed. I know what you're thinking.

I am a little low on info as to what my options are now though, and the campus that i go to has been bought by some place else and info is really not available from the uni itself at the mo. I think my options are as follows:

1. I can resit the resit year and only get a third max.however I won't be able to get any funding at all (?) not sure exactly on the details there, and since I was on the way to a 2:1 or even if I tried extremely hard a first that would be such a disappointment.

2.I can wait a bit and save up a lot, LOT of money and go back in a year or so which I hate the sound of cos that means I'm stuck in this hell hole for what seems like forever.

3. I'm not sure bout this one but I can start an entirely new course at the place I'm at now and probably be a lot happier albeit with a huuuge amount of debt at the end of it. I'm 22 so would that qualify me as a mature student? If so does how does that whole finance procedure work? (If someone can point me to an already running thread I'd appreciate it)

ok that's it. I know I don't sound that bothered but I am, it's just the stuff that went on (and goes on) just cannot be helped at the moment, it's something I'm gonna have to just deal with I guess.

Hey 'I failed the year :frown:' poster - feel better bout urself lol :smile: least ur not in my place it aint so bad luv xxx (sorry I didn't remember ur username)
Reply 1
Sorry I can't be of more help, but at 22 you would be a mature student.
:hugs: I hope things look up for you - a friend of mine has just done his final year for the third time after being ill for the last couple of years and I know he's finding the funding thing a pain
Reply 2
cheers Acaila, so used to people looking at me when I say that I'm resitting in that 'yeah I know what you been doing' kind of look. Well, I shall endeavour to figure out what to do.:smile:
Reply 3
If you failed these past two years because of reasons out of your control its fair that you go back and resit the year again. If however you failed due to laziness you have to consider whether you really have a chance of passing on the third attempt.
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice, I have thought about using the credits and transferring, am going to call my tutor and see what he thinks. :smile:

Although it was for reasons out of my control the particular uni i'm at are quite fussy about mitigating circumstances, and say that I should have notified the 'council' earlier in the year for a review, fair enough really.(they get a lot of people coming through I think)

I am going to beg my tutor and see if there is some way that I can maybe hand in over the summer the rest of the work but it doesn't look likely. And if I retake the year again no matter how well I do I can only end up with a third, considering in my first year (which I had no problems with - aaaah a good year :smile:) I ended up with a first I think I would rather transfer or just start again later on after saving up.

Latest

Trending

Trending