The Student Room Group

Guys: are "natural" girls as attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Alpha brah
Yeah, I was just curious :smile: Sorry for derailing your thread too lol

I wasn't having a go at you or this thread by no means!!! Just my opinion :tongue:
And no need to apologise, lol, you're allowed to comment :smile:
P.S. I didn't stalk you - I literally went on the ''most popular threads'' section on right-hand side of the screen, clicked on this thread and it happened to be yours :wink:
Reply 41
Yes, I prefer the look of human beings to that of harmful chemicals plastered over someones face
Like to see what? *le confused face* :tongue:

post your picture :biggrin:

I think the most attractive thing about someone is healthy skin.
Reply 43
Original post by SoftPunch
I wasn't having a go at you or this thread by no means!!! Just my opinion :tongue:

And no need to apologise, lol, you're allowed to comment :smile:

P.S. I didn't stalk you - I literally went on the ''most popular threads'' section on right-hand side of the screen, clicked on this thread and it happened to be yours :wink:

Dw haha, my thread was inspired by yours anyway (I don't wear make-up or nail polish so thought I'd make it lol) :tongue:
Reply 44
Original post by e hine e
When you live in a world where questions asking about finding people attractive are always directed in a way that speaks only to straight men and straight women, it gets a little tiring. Especially when it's on such an annoying thread anyway (I hate the debate between 'natural' and 'unnatural' and the discussion of women as commodities). 'Guys' always means 'straight guys', and 'girls' always means 'straight girls' and that's heterosexist by nature, whether those were your intentions or not.

I understand if you find stuff that's heteronormative to the point of being exclusive and homophobic offensive, but that honestly wasn't my intention.

The majority of threads like this are focused on straight guys and girls because most of the people here are straight. But I don't think most people want to exclude anyone. Like I said, please feel free to make your own thread along a similiar line should you wish. Being a straight girl interested in straight guys, I inevitably made one targeted at the latter; but I do apologise if the nature of this thread has offended you.
That's natural-looking, she has eyeliner and mascara on besides lip gloss but not much else as far as I can tell :tongue: interesting.

Sometimes, though, it takes a whole host of products to get an apparently natural look. For example, if someone's modelling an organic range or skincare product they have a ton of primer etc. on (and sometimes even smoky eye makeup!) but it all looks very minimal. So natural looking doesn't necessarily mean minimal FYI :smile:

Whatever you girls call it, literally 'minimal makeup' is what I'm trying to say. :blushing:
Reply 46
Original post by Maths and cheesecake
post your picture :biggrin:

I think the most attractive thing about someone is healthy skin.

Sorry lol, I don't post my picture on Internet forums :tongue: It's pretty good, but I wear a lot of sunscreen so I suppose that's why. I don't see why most girls don't just eat healthily, exercise, drink water, and get enough sleep etc. instead of putting on foundation.
Reply 47
Original post by DannyYYYY
Whatever you girls call it, literally 'minimal makeup' is what I'm trying to say. :blushing:

I know lol, just pointing out that what looks natural can often use a ton of products to achieve :tongue: *tips hat*
Reply 48
Say someone didn't wear any make-up, any nail polish or much perfume, and dressed in more of a "tomboyish" way (e.g. leather jackets, T-shirts, jeans and trainers), but was in very good shape and took care of their "natural" looks (e.g. had great skin and hair and all that jazz), would you find them less attractive due to being less "styled up"?

I'm just curious to see whether this sort of thing actually matters to guys. I don't bother wearing make-up and stuff and I still get male attention, but I was wondering if that were generally the case.

Vote away.

:cookie:

No, I prefer working class women.
Reply 49
Original post by Serano
No, I prefer working class women.

LMFAO

Did my earlier thread rustle your jimmies? It was only meant to represent my personal, probably a tad perverted, preferences. :fyi:
Reply 50
I love girls who don't look like they have been shot in the face with a make-up gun. Sure, Most guys who say this don't actually mean it, but I find them superficial that they think they have to change their looks to be more apealing.
Reply 51
Will probably get a lot of hate for this, but I haven't seen a girl that doesn't look better in make up and most of the ones that claim make up makes them look bad, don't know how to use make up.
Reply 52
Original post by Dingusnin
I love girls who don't look like they have been shot in the face with a make-up gun. Sure, Most guys who say this don't actually mean it, but I find them superficial that they think they have to change their looks to be more apealing.

Not all make-up looks unnatural, though - what about the cleverly done sort? :tongue:
Reply 53
Original post by MJ1012
Will probably get a lot of hate for this, but I haven't seen a girl that doesn't look better in make up and most of the ones that claim make up makes them look bad, don't know how to use make up.

I'm not gonna hate, I actually agree with you as a girl who knows about make-up (but doesn't like the feel of wearing it). I think properly done make-up always looks better (but ofc I may not necessarily speak for men here ;P)
Reply 54
I wouldn't mind that much but I prefer girls to be feminine and wear skirts.
Reply 55
LMFAO

Did my earlier thread rustle your jimmies? It was only meant to represent my personal, probably a tad perverted, preferences. :fyi:

No problem, I forgive you. Maybe. :tongue:
Sorry lol, I don't post my picture on Internet forums :tongue: It's pretty good, but I wear a lot of sunscreen so I suppose that's why. I don't see why most girls don't just eat healthily, exercise, drink water, and get enough sleep etc. instead of putting on foundation.

That's ok just pm it to me. :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Cucurbita
I wouldn't mind that much but I prefer girls to be feminine and wear skirts.

I always find I get wolf-whistled by the construction workers down the road/some random morons in their car whenever I wear skirts or short dresses, even if it's with tights. *unimpressed*
Reply 58
I always find I get wolf-whistled by the construction workers down the road/some random morons in their car whenever I wear skirts or short dresses, even if it's with tights. *unimpressed*

I didn't say they have to be short. You can still look feminine without dressing skimpily.
Reply 59
Original post by Serano
No problem, I forgive you. Maybe. :tongue:

I wasn't having a go at middle- or upper-class guys lol :tongue: I'm only one person, my preferences don't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things

Quick Reply

Latest