The Student Room Group

Guys: are "natural" girls as attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by yeah_baby
maybe change your name by default to alpha brah? lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not saying my real name here but it's very pretty and classic-sounding! I'm keeping it the way it is, even if it is a bit old-fashioned. :biggrin:
Reply 81
Original post by Alpha brah
I'm not saying my real name here but it's very pretty and classic-sounding! I'm keeping it the way it is, even if it is a bit old-fashioned. :biggrin:

i can see a "guess my name" thread coming! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by yeah_baby
i can see a "guess my name" thread coming! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I'm Alpha Brah for now :ninja: :colondollar:
Reply 83
Well everyone have their own styles, sometimes when you copy someone looks or fashion, it just doesn't work on you.
And yes I do find some girls attractive even without makeup and shizzle, but generally makup does help a bit overall on most individuals.
For example I quite like piercings/studs on side of nose and belly button. And one or two tattoos is fine as long it is creative. Not those really big stupid ones that have absolutely no meaning. E.g Huge Skull, Flames, Spikes etc. :rolleyes:
Reply 84
Reply 85
Original post by Cashmee
Well everyone have their own styles, sometimes when you copy someone looks or fashion, it just doesn't work on you.
And yes I do find some girls attractive even without makeup and shizzle, but generally makup does help a bit overall on most individuals.
For example I quite like piercings/studs on side of nose and belly button. And one or two tattoos is fine as long it is creative. Not those really big stupid ones that have absolutely no meaning. E.g Huge Skull, Flames, Spikes etc.
:rolleyes:

Oh, cool! Well, I don't have those unfortunately :tongue:
Reply 86
Original post by idon'tloveanyone
I answered 'no' in the poll cos I find plain people kinda boring, I prefer you to have some kind of style. Makeup can be boring too though. But physical health is certainly a priority above style and a plain healthy person is always preferable to someone who styles themselves to cover up the health problems they have underneath.

Do you think everyone who doesn't wear make-up looks "plain," then? :tongue:
Do you think everyone who doesn't wear make-up looks "plain," then? :tongue:

Absolutely not.
Reply 88
Original post by idon'tloveanyone
Absolutely not.

Just to clarify, that was the main question I was asking (unless you think a particular style of dress is also plain? :smile:)
Reply 89
I'm not gonna hate, I actually agree with you as a girl who knows about make-up (but doesn't like the feel of wearing it). I think properly done make-up always looks better (but ofc I may not necessarily speak for men here ;P)

haha, cool I was bracing for abuse.:colondollar:

IMO properly done makeup > than no makeup/too much make up.
Reply 90
Original post by MJ1012
haha, cool I was bracing for abuse.:colondollar:

IMO properly done makeup > than no makeup/too much make up.

FLAME WAR :colondollar:

I thought most guys on here would say the part in bold TBH, but perhaps they can't tell the difference between properly done makeup and no makeup sometimes :tongue:
Reply 91
FLAME WAR :colondollar:

I thought most guys on here would say the part in bold TBH, but perhaps they can't tell the difference between properly done makeup and no makeup sometimes :tongue:

That's the point, I don't want to notice it really.:smile:
However, no makeup is more noticeable in society than well done make up.
Just to clarify, that was the main question I was asking (unless you think a particular style of dress is also plain? :smile:)

Hard to say. We all have different tastes. I think it's nice to be unique and stand out from the crowd. But of course some unique dresses can be cringe-worthy.

That's the thing I find unattractive about plainness.. it's averageness really, trying too hard to blend in. I think it suggests low self-esteem (even if that's not the case) and more than anything I think I'm attracted to confidence. Wait, no that's wrong too... I'm more attracted to brainsmarts. And health. But mainly brainsmarts. And also confidence. Style is just like the spices you add in after for flavouring.

I think I've made this issue way more complicated than it needs to be. It's become confuddling. Sorry.

^ it's better expressed above really. Make-up is nice if it's done well. Anything is nice if it's done well. Including the trashy unkempt look. Also including the plain and simple look, in fairness.
(edited 10 years ago)
What do you mean by this (besides looking orange, lol)?

I always thought guys preferred girls who wore make-up.

Make-up should be subtle and compliment a girl's natural look as far as I'm concerned. But obviously that's just my personal preference.
Original post by KelseyLoveday
I dislike these sorts of threads. This makes girls who like to wear make-up feel bad. For instance when people say what do you think of bigger women and people say the stupid words 'real woman' and make skinny girls feel bad. These threads will make every girl feel like crap because both side of the argument will insult the other. Girls should be able to wear what they like without worrying if a man approves. I find confidence in your own style is more attractive than any physical feature.

I agree with this.. I mean OP i totally get your point, I myself don't wear make up yet for a couple of reasons, but some girls wear make up for self expression, or because it's artistic to them (applying it can be a profession after all), not necessarily to attract the opposite sex. I know this thread is more obviously opposing the ones that have prostitute faces and can't leave without it, but I just think it should be put out there to the guys on this thread too that not all girls wear make up for the sake of being more attractive to guys. Your tomboyish fashion fashion makes you feel natural, some girls in makeup feel more themselves that way (i guess if they're feminine by nature). I personally don't have nice skin so I conceal bits of it i'm not used to just walk around exposing haha..

Anyway I do hear some guys find the more tomboyish girls sexy because they look uber relaxed, and a makeup-less face is more familiar :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by panthérenoir
I agree with this.. I mean OP i totally get your point, I myself don't wear make up yet for a couple of reasons, but some girls wear make up for self expression, or because it's artistic to them (applying it can be a profession after all), not necessarily to attract the opposite sex. I know this thread is more obviously opposing the ones that have prostitute faces and can't leave without it, but I just think it should be put out there to the guys on this thread too that not all girls wear make up for the sake of being more attractive to guys. Your tomboyish fashion fashion makes you feel natural, some girls in makeup feel more themselves that way (i guess if they're feminine by nature). I personally don't have nice skin so I conceal bits of it i'm not used to just walk around exposing haha..

Anyway I do hear some guys find the more tomboyish girls sexy because they look uber relaxed, and a makeup-less face is more familiar :smile:

I wasn't "opposing" anyone haha, it was more to see what guys thought of make-up-less girls like me than to see what they thought of the opposite :tongue: I agree that girls should wear what they want, I was just curious lol :smile:
I wasn't "opposing" anyone haha, it was more to see what guys thought of make-up-less girls like me than to see what they thought of the opposite :tongue: I agree that girls should wear what Yeah I didn't mean opposing like against, I meant it more of the opposite to (wrong context I guess). Haha yep just some of the guys couldn't seem to praise the makeup less without throwing in a comment or two about the face being an abused painting canvas :colondollar: I agree with them there but just wanted to say that's not always the case
Reply 97
Is this rhetorical question? Of course answer is yes!
Reply 98
Original post by Foo.mp3
Sorry, but how is that natural, or neutral? :rolleyes:

For some girls it is indeed helpful e.g. my thread; personally I prefer little if any makeup, and sensible/modest clothing in the main, on women (of value [to me])

Oh, look, it's the self-proclaimed "expert" who makes the "linguistics" and "how to pull people" threads, come to spread his wiseeee knowledge and I'm-so-up-my-arse-I-can't-even-see-how-I-come-off-to-people-any-more sarcasm.

Whilst I listen to most users here, out of all the people on TSR, you and your opinions are most certainly not of value to me... so get off my thread. *adds to ignore list* :rofl: :yawn:

Feel free to write one of your usual :blah: replies; I won't be listening. :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Natural girls are far more beautiful. Although if they're a bit of a tomboy then that's obviously a reflection of their personality, which may or may not be attractive, depending on personal taste.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest