Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There was a video on dailymail (appeared as an ad). I cant link it here because i cant embed DM video unlike youtube and it doesnt have a page on its own.

The content is about a white supremacist shocked to find out that he has 14% african genetics in him.

What if you did a DNA test and find out that you have some undesirable DNA in you? will you feel depress? will you suicide?

ROFL at suicide.

I wouldn't care lol.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who thinks their DNA is 100% of any race is a fool.
    Anyone who would let their life be affected by this even more so.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well I'm not obsessed with 'purity' so I wouldn't be too bothered if that happened. I would, however, be very interested to know the results. It's about £100 to get tested, so maybe something for my next birthday...

As far as I know the vast majority of my ancestry is from Northern Europe. I've never had any reason to suspect otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it's possible for anyone to have 'pure' DNA. Not that I'm bothered either way, it's completely and utterly irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    my DNA is so mixed, it probably wouldn't point a specific nationality. doesn't bother me at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'Undesirable' DNA? Unless we are talking about potentially harmful genetic mutations, I have no particular desires about my DNA makeup. I would be quite curious to know though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    There was a video on dailymail (appeared as an ad). I cant link it here because i cant embed DM video unlike youtube and it doesnt have a page on its own.

The content is about a white supremacist shocked to find out that he has 14% african genetics in him.

What if you did a DNA test and find out that you have some undesirable DNA in you? will you feel depress? will you suicide?
    Op, I'm no biologist, what is "undesirable DNA"?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    How do i get a test like that to trace my roots? what are these tests called and how much are they?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  37413183.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  48.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3razy)
    How do i get a test like that to trace my roots? what are these tests called and how much are they?
    I think you have to appear on "Who do you think you are?" on BBC1, they're the only people with the techmology

ReputationRep:
    Lol at that Trisha show. It's liberal bull****.

People who are saying you can't be pure, are talking ****. Again, liberal bull****.

Nothing has proven we all come from the same person.

ReputationRep:
    right i have a confession to make.

I was told that vietnamese and cantonese have the same ethnic root and are more close together compare to northern chinese ancestry and the northern tribes.

I had the shock of my life because i am cantonese and i always considered myself a proud descent of Han ancestry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    right i have a confession to make.

I was told that vietnamese and cantonese have the same ethnic root and are more close together compare to northern chinese ancestry and the northern tribes.

I had the shock of my life because i am cantonese and i always considered myself a proud descent of Han ancestry.
    No one cares.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.