misconception about immigrants Watch

Sammy Lanka
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Many people do not like immigrants and one of the main criticisms is that they don't integrate. i would just like to say that this is b*****t.

Last weekend i ran the sound desk at a salsa night in Cambridge and i can tell you that there were people from at least 10 different nationalities there and the integrated bloody well. This is not an isolated case as the same happened at a forro night in london as well.

Not only is the notion wrong it is also highly hypocritical. All of my gran's friends are from her church. no one is accusing her of not integrating with non christians. Why not !?!

the way i see it people will integrate if a common interest is found. for example, at the salsa night everyone liked dancing. their race was irrelevant.

it is time to stop being so ignorant by saying that people dont integrate and get out and see that actually they do
techno-thriller
Report 5 years ago
Integrate could also mean not contributing to society and the economy apparently
MJ1012
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sammy Lanka)
Many people do not like immigrants and one of the main criticisms is that they don't integrate. i would just like to say that this is b*****t.

Last weekend i ran the sound desk at a salsa night in Cambridge and i can tell you that there were people from at least 10 different nationalities there and the integrated bloody well. This is not an isolated case as the same happened at a forro night in london as well.

Not only is the notion wrong it is also highly hypocritical. All of my gran's friends are from her church. no one is accusing her of not integrating with non christians. Why not !?!

the way i see it people will integrate if a common interest is found. for example, at the salsa night everyone liked dancing. their race was irrelevant.

it is time to stop being so ignorant by saying that people dont integrate and get out and see that actually they do
Well it's natural that immigrants from the same country will have similar interests/cultural activities so of course their integration with the rest of society is likely to be limited.
HarryJames
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sammy Lanka)

It's simply a generalisation. There are lots who do mix and lots who don't but of course those who don't mix stand out so they seem like the majority

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sammy Lanka
Rep:
?
(Original post by techno-thriller)
Integrate could also mean not contributing to society and the economy apparently
Immigrants bring more money into the economy. They pay more in tax than we pay to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jordan-James
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Actually you will find many immigrants who form close communities in areas of the country, it doesnt matter if you yourself have integrated, the problem is that alot some immigrants straight up dont, especially gypsies.
Sammy Lanka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jordan-James)
Actually you will find many immigrants who form close communities in areas of the country, it doesnt matter if you yourself have integrated, the problem is that alot some immigrants straight up dont, especially gypsies.
Just to clear any confusion I'm not an immigrant. I just ran the sound at an event and was impressed at the level of integration

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
7.66%

Watched Threads