When someone is banned on TSR, is it permanent? Watch

RFC1872
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Was chatting to someone on here recently who is now banned from the site. Are the bans permanent or temporary? Just curious so I don't step out of line lol
Tortious
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RFC1872)
Was chatting to someone on here recently who is now banned from the site. Are the bans permanent or temporary? Just curious so I don't step out of line lol
They're usually temporary except after repeated temp bans (resulting in a permaban) or if the user requests a permanent ban in Ask A Moderator.
RFC1872
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tortious)
They're usually temporary except after repeated temp bans (resulting in a permaban) or if the user requests a permanent ban in Ask A Moderator.
Ah OK cheers, how long do the bans usually last if they are only temporary?
Tortious
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RFC1872)
Ah OK cheers, how long do the bans usually last if they are only temporary?
As a starting point I believe it's one week, but for rule breaking the length of the ban escalates depending on how many temp bans have been issued in the past.

For requested temp bans the duration is pretty much custom - again, anything from a week to about two years! Most people don't make it that long before they get withdrawal symptoms though.
RFC1872
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tortious)
As a starting point I believe it's one week, but for rule breaking the length of the ban escalates depending on how many temp bans have been issued in the past.

For requested temp bans the duration is pretty much custom - again, anything from a week to about two years! Most people don't make it that long before they get withdrawal symptoms though.
Fair enough, thanks. I'll have a look next week to see if this person is still banned or not.

Cheers again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads