Anyone else remember Destruction Derby on the PS1? Watch

Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was thinking of old games I used to play on the PS1 and this one came up pretty quickly...

It was AWESOME!

I remember not having the full game but a demo (used to love those PS1 demo discs with a preview of the games) and I used to love it. All the things I love about racing games: speed, crashes, debris flying around...!

And it was a two player aswell I think? Shame it hasn't been reinvigorated for the next-gen.

Any memories?
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
DD2 was awesome. Total destruction!

http://nextcargame.com might be of interest to you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I remember it being highly thought of, then I think as the sequels churned out it became seen as repetitive. The Assassin's Creed of PS1 I suppose. I have DD, DD 2 and DD Raw but haven't played any yet.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
I remember it being highly thought of, then I think as the sequels churned out it became seen as repetitive. The Assassin's Creed of PS1 I suppose. I have DD, DD 2 and DD Raw but haven't played any yet.
Change your name to MACSrPOO on DD2 and you'll unlock everything.
Hedgeman49
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone know of any DD2 emulators? Man I loved that game so much.

YOU'VE LOST YOUR HOOD!
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
Anyone know of any DD2 emulators? Man I loved that game so much.

YOU'VE LOST YOUR HOOD!
I heard Google has some.
Hedgeman49
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
I heard Google has some.
It also has some really bad / spammy ones, sometimes recommendations are easier to go off
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
It also has some really bad / spammy ones, sometimes recommendations are easier to go off
Are you asking for a PS1 emulator or the game's ISO/whatever it is to play on the emulator? 'Cause the first results are all legit, emuparadise, coolrom, isozone etc.
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I played the hell out of the DD2 demo when I first got my PS1. I do remember playing them both, probably rented them from the video store at the time. You can download the first on PlayStation 3 from PSN for a few quid. And yeah, there's always emulators if you cba.
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by noggins)
I played the hell out of the DD2 demo when I first got my PS1. I do remember playing them both, probably rented them from the video store at the time. You can download the first on PlayStation 3 from PSN for a few quid. And yeah, there's always emulators if you cba.
Was this the one with "Death From Above" if you landed on another car after a jump? I played the demo of that continuously.
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
Was this the one with "Death From Above" if you landed on another car after a jump? I played the demo of that continuously.
No, never heard of that. It most likely on a demo disc from Official PS magazine.
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by noggins)
No, never heard of that. It most likely on a demo disc from Official PS magazine.
Yep. That's where I got it from. Some sort of demolition or destruction derby game is all I remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (132)
24.86%
The paper was reasonable (234)
44.07%
Not feeling great about that exam (102)
19.21%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.86%

Watched Threads