The Student Room Group

too late to switch AS levels?

I've been doing Computing for about 2 months but at first I enjoyed it but now it's too difficult for me to understand. I want to switch to biology, you guys think it's too late to switch? :/
Original post by chukster97
I've been doing Computing for about 2 months but at first I enjoyed it but now it's too difficult for me to understand. I want to switch to biology, you guys think it's too late to switch? :/

I'm afraid it probably is, a lot will have been covered in 2 months! The only thing you can do is ask a teacher/head of sixth form/college and find out. Different places have different policies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Ok, i'll try that :frown:
I'm sure it too late, check with your college though.

I know they only let us change in the first two weeks. You might struggle to catch up as well unless youre super dedicated
Reply 4
Original post by chukster97

I would recommend either dropping computing or continuing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this girl who switched one of her A levels after January, about March time and got an A.
Reply 6
Did they let her switch straight away? Or did it take time?
Reply 7
I have been thinking about changing from Computing to Physics but I know it's too late now. In my other subjects (Biology, Chemistry and Geography) they're all 3/4 way through unit 1 so I'm gonna go with it since I'm dropping Computing at the end of the year. I find it rather challenging however my teachers help me out a lot.
Reply 8
I would not listen to anyone saying that you should, or can do it. Firstly, I doubt your school will even allow you to do that by this stage. Secondly, I'm doing AS Biology, and at this point you missed parts of coursework and huuuuuge amounts of material which I personally would not be able to catch up on.
I'm hating one of my subjects at the moment but I'm just waiting until the end of my AS year to finally drop it. I'm in the same position as you so don't worry if you can't drop it.. We'll do it soon!

Besides, I personally think it'll be too hard to catch up on the work since you'll have your new lessons where they'll be covering things far into the syllabus while you'll still be learning the things that are first.

Good luck anyway (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biology is piss easy to understand so if you have a cheeky word with your teacher and promised to catch up then maybe they'll let you. There's a biology 'help lab' every Tuesday lunch at my sixth form so maybe there's something similar at yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest